Quantcast

Stuck on loading screen after factory reset

jvgama

Question

Hey everyone, I think my TV is screwed up :(

After having some issues with the YouTube app on my LG 49UF6800, I read on LG’s support page that doing a factory reset should solve the problem. So I did that, the TV quickly rebooted and started showing a grey screen with three colored dots going in a circle, as if it was loading something. The thing is: this loading is endless. It’s been going for almost an hour, I’ve already tried unplugging it, but it goes right back to the grey loading screen. The only button that works on the remote is the power, as well as the mouse cursor.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

8 answers to this question

I’ve tried booting it with a flash drive containing the latest firmware connected, but nothing happened. I ended up contacting LG support, that had a local store come get the tv and check what’s wrong, and according to them, the main board needs to be replaced.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Satya_
      Software version 05.30.10 default web browser just updated and the address bar appear on the top of the screen which bother me a lot while playing a video please add a Full screen option to it
    • By kennyboom99
      hi Guys,
      My lg tv when set to live tv will show full screen for around 20 seconds and then show a very small shrunk screen in the top left corner of the channel
      i can switch channels but the screen stays mall
      netflix displays in full screen
      picutre test shows full screen
      i have tried resetting the tv, power cycling, changing cables (coax) and nothing is making a difference.
      anyone have any ideas on what causes this?

this is what the screen looks like 
      link hidden, please login to view  
      any help is much appreciated

• By News Reporter
      LG Smart TV Users Gain Free Access to Wide Selection of Apple Originals,
      Hit Shows and Feature Films for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Feb. 6, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is offering access to three months of Apple TV+ free to eligible LG Smart TV users in 93 countries.1 The 3-month free trial is available within the Apple TV app of compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TVs (2018 models and later), along with lifestyle screen models StanbyME and StanbyME Go. This limited-time offer will be in effect from February 6 to April 30.2
      Apple TV+ offers premium series, compelling drama and comedy series, captivating feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and kids and family entertainment. Apple TV+ offers acclaimed, global hit series such as “Monarch: Legacy of Monsters,” “Masters of the Air,” “Silo,” “Hijack,” “The Morning Show,” “Foundation,” “Slow Horses” and multi-Emmy Award-winning “Ted Lasso,” as well as award-winning Apple Original Films including the ten-time Academy Award nominated “Killers of the Flower Moon,” from Martin Scorsese and historic Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA.”
      LG’s industry-leading TVs feature Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to deliver superb home entertainment and LG Smart TV users can enjoy Apple TV+ in 4K with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.3 The company’s 2024 premium TVs4 are industry first to support both Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode, a cinematic experience available with Apple TV+ titles mastered in Dolby Vision.
      LG is committed to elevating the viewing experience to a new height by offering an extensive array of content and services, class-leading picture quality and immersive audio. LG Smart TV users can effortlessly tap into the full suite of content and services offered by LG Smart TVs with the versatile and user-friendly webOS platform.
      # # #
      1 Available in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, India, Korea, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, France, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom, US, Canada, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Brazil, Belarus, Ukraine, Gambia, Ghana, Uganda, Egypt, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Lebanon, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Additionally available in Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan for models ranging from webOS22 to webOS 24.
      2 Offer ends April 30. Redemption dates for select 12 countries (Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan) is from February 20 for TVs running webOS 22 and March 4 for TVs running webOS 23. This offer is available on 2018-2024 LG 4K and 8K Smart TV models, StanbyME, and StanbyME Go in the Apple TV app. Availability of StanbyME and StanbyME Go may vary by region. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires Apple ID with payment method on file. Payment will be billed to payment method on file and can be cancelled anytime at least a day before each renewal date in your service account settings. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html. Must be the minimum age required in your country and in the country that matches the store front on which you are redeeming the offer. Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc.
      3 Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires a 4K‑capable device. Accessing Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision features requires a Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision capable system. Playback quality will depend on hardware and internet connection.
      4 Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode is available on LG’s 2024 OLED TV, QNED TV 90, QNED TV 91 and QNED 99 series. Automatic Filmmaker Mode experience is available on Apple TV+ on LG Smart TV models running webOS 6.0 and later.

• By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By News Reporter
      Texas Production Factory to Solidify Company’s Position
      as a Trusted EV Charging Solutions Provider

SEOUL, Jan. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has expanded its electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions infrastructure, opening its first EV charger production factory in the U.S. The new, 5,500-square-meter facility, located in Fort Worth, Texas, will focus on delivering chargers for the North American market and is expected to have an annual capacity of more than 10,000 units.
      The factory is LG’s first EV charger production site outside of South Korea, where the company last year opened an EV charger manufacturing operation under its affiliated company HiEV Charger.
      LG chose to establish its U.S.-based EV charger production factory in Texas for multiple, strategic reasons, such as the ability to utilize existing facilities. The state also boasts excellent logistics and transportation networks and is home to major operations for companies in industries ranging from automobile manufacturing to finance.
      In 2023, when announcing the company’s future vision, LG CEO William Cho noted that ‘Electrification’ would be a major driver of rapid mid- to long-term growth. LG’s entry into the U.S. EV charging market will enable the company to address rising local demand and discover new business opportunities. Strategically and philosophically aligned with several of the energy and environmental goals set out in the U.S. government’s Inflation Reduction Act, the sustainability-focused company is committed to bolstering its EV charger business, and has commenced plans to grow its presence around the world, including in Asia and Europe.
      LG has started assembling 11kW chargers at its Texas factory and will begin production of 175kW fast chargers within the first half of the year. LG also aims to introduce a 350kW ultra-fast charger in 2024, expanding its EV charger lineup to meet the varied needs of customers, especially those operating in areas such as commercial travel and long-distance transportation.
      The company is quickly earning a reputation as a reliable EV charger provider thanks to its manufacturing capabilities, quality control and after-sales service. Through emphasizing its differentiated offerings, including control and advertising solutions, LG is confident that the EV charging solutions business will continue to improve its market position over the mid- to long-term.
      Furthermore, LG intends to tap into the diverse EV charging demands of various businesses and facilities, such as hotels, shopping malls, retail stores, gas stations and parking garages, to drive future growth. LG’s B2B experience in the U.S. hotel TV and digital signage sectors provides valuable insight that is expected to aid in the U.S. expansion of the company’s EV charging solutions business.
      The global EV charging market is expected to grow to USD 186 billion by 2030, according to Roland Berger, a global management consulting firm. The market expansion is being driven by several factors, including the ongoing implementation of regulations aimed at protecting the environment and the continuous progress of vehicle electrification.
      “By establishing our EV charger production factory in Texas, we will be able to actively respond to the rapidly growing demand for EV infrastructure in the U.S.,” said Jang Ik-hwan, president of the LG Business Solutions Company. “LG is dedicated to delivering uncompromising quality and will offer customers reliable EV charging solutions that combine efficient charger units with advanced control systems.”
      # # #