Quantcast

Can i program the netflix button

bar1

Question

Hi everyone,

I am new to Webos and to the forum...i am sure this question has been answered before but i can't find the answer.

Can i program the netflix button on the remote to launch a another app?

also my TV isn't connected to any live tv services....can i change webOS to automatically start an app when switched on?

Regards,Bar1

• Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

I agree both amazon and netflix buttons should allow for customization .

I have no intention of using  either service .  a you tube and browser launch buttons would be much better. 

I'm a very disappointed with webos  TBH. 

I have an android box with google tv and it is much  better, maybe I was spoilt  by  having it before I purchased  my smart tv..... 

i disagree here a bit.

At least on my TV it is very fast and easy to use, Android boxes , at least the ones i tried are very slow.

Were i agree with you is currently the features are a bit limited.

The button customization is very high on my wishlist, as is beeing able to launch a webpage in fullscreen from the menu.

Also some apps are missing, but luckily for me, my main apps such as Plex and SIPTV are working fine.

I also agree that being able to customize this buttons would be nice.

It's pity that on a remote so useful this buttons are wasted, of course for people that have the services the option would still be there. 

Even if I would register to a streaming service, I would not pay for all 3 providers.

So +3 from me.  

Look at who the two buttons are assigned to.  I’m sure they’re paying a whole bunch of money for those dedicated (ads) buttons.

I doubt they’re ever going away or will ever be customizable.

At least it’d be nice to have a single extra customizable button for another app in a convenient location.

Until then it’s long press 9...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By toopie28
      Hi can someone help please. 
      I purchased this TV as I was assured that I could move TV stations in whichever order I wished. For example, channel 23 can be moved to channel 1. 
      Under edit all programmes, it only gives me 2 options. Lock/unlock and skip/restore. 
      Software has the latest updates. It's under Antenna DTV. 
      Not sure what else to try.
      Thanks! 

• By JonoW
      Has anyone else had the same problem as me regarding the 'like' button on the YouTube app on my Oled77g7v? There is a thumbs up button and a thumbs down button for each video. These icons are supposed to be just an outline unless you click on them and then they fill in to show you have selected them. However, this no longer works on my TV. It is as if you never clicked. In fact, the 'like' icon is always pre_filled, no matter what I do. This used to work properly and it still works correctly on a Sony TV I have. Any ideas would be very welcome! 
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Marko00
      I've bought OLED55CX3LA and have screenshare errors ever since. 
      I'm using Dell machine with Windows 10 onboard.
      Almost every time I try to connect using "connect with remote screen" windows option, I get the pop up that
      only with cancel button.

Sometimes there is approval button but mostly I have only "cancel" option. 
      Have this error on OLED55CX3LA and one older model. Same behavior. 

Mobile screen sharing working perfectly fine.

How to fix it?
      I've cleared the connection history but without any success.
      Not sure if I should put it on warranty or if there is some simple fix?