Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

NaNaB

Amazon streaming issue

Question

I'm a newbie here. just purchased my first Smart tv and using the Amazon Prime Free Trial.

I've heard there are issues with the LG's and Amazon regarding bandwidth and that there is currently no fix.

Firmware and apps are updated. I also tried playing  Amazon on the Browser app and also had streaming issues.

So far no issues with the Netflix app and no issues with the Browser app doing other things, YouTube seems fine.

For me it's a hit or miss, some shows play, others do not, some kick in after while, others don't until maybe even hours.

Wondering if anyone has more info? Right now I don't think I will purchase Amazon Prime till I know more.

TIA

3 answers to this question

19 hours ago, NaNaB said:

I'm a newbie here. just purchased my first Smart tv and using the Amazon Prime Free Trial.

I've heard there are issues with the LG's and Amazon regarding bandwidth and that there is currently no fix.

Firmware and apps are updated. I also tried playing  Amazon on the Browser app and also had streaming issues.

So far no issues with the Netflix app and no issues with the Browser app doing other things, YouTube seems fine.

For me it's a hit or miss, some shows play, others do not, some kick in after while, others don't until maybe even hours.

Wondering if anyone has more info? Right now I don't think I will purchase Amazon Prime till I know more.

TIA

I have been using the Amazon Prime Video app since I purchased my TV in late 2016 without issue.

On 14/01/2018 at 9:08 PM, grabber5.0 said:

Are you able to test it with a wired network connection? Also which TV model?

Hi,

Sorry not to reply sooner been down with viral flu, but back in the world now.

The TV is this one: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-49UH650V

Yes I can try it on a wired connection, but not until the middle of this coming week.  I'll let you know the results.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Annoying pop-up messages on my lg 49sj800v smart tv

I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged all external stuff - Virgin V6 box, Wii, wired internet, etc and it still happens. Help!!

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: downgrade firmware

Ciao, possiedo un tv lg 55uh650v era impostato su posizione Russia e dopo all'aggiornamento del firmware versione 05.30.45 non riesco più ad usare le app in quanto non riesco a accettare i termini contrattuali. Ho provato a cambiare il DNS e a collegarmi tramite cellulare ma non ho ottenuto nessun risultato. Ho provato più volte ad eseguire il reset di fabbrica ma nessun risultato. Inoltre ho notato che la versione del mio firmware non è presente sul sito LG Italia mi chiedevo se fosse possibile tornare ad un versione firmware inferiore, potresti aiutarmi? Hello, I own a TV lg 55uh650v was set to Russia position and after the firmware update version 05.30.45 I can not use the app anymore because I can not accept the terms of the contract. I tried to change the DNS and connect via mobile but I did not get any results. I have tried several times to perform a factory reset but no results. Also I noticed that the version of my firmware is not on the site LG Italy I wondered if it was possible to return to a lower firmware version, could you help me?

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: How to install amazon prime India in my lg model 32lb582b

How to install amazon prime India in my lg model 32lb582b

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: Free Movie playback question

For the Free Movie internet channel, the movies you select as a on demand movie, how do you resume playback where I left off?

• Question: This app will now restart to free up more memory

Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's. I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message. As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem. My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.