Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

NaNaB

Amazon streaming issue

Question

I'm a newbie here. just purchased my first Smart tv and using the Amazon Prime Free Trial.

I've heard there are issues with the LG's and Amazon regarding bandwidth and that there is currently no fix.

Firmware and apps are updated. I also tried playing  Amazon on the Browser app and also had streaming issues.

So far no issues with the Netflix app and no issues with the Browser app doing other things, YouTube seems fine.

For me it's a hit or miss, some shows play, others do not, some kick in after while, others don't until maybe even hours.

Wondering if anyone has more info? Right now I don't think I will purchase Amazon Prime till I know more.

TIA

3 answers to this question

19 hours ago, NaNaB said:

I'm a newbie here. just purchased my first Smart tv and using the Amazon Prime Free Trial.

I've heard there are issues with the LG's and Amazon regarding bandwidth and that there is currently no fix.

Firmware and apps are updated. I also tried playing  Amazon on the Browser app and also had streaming issues.

So far no issues with the Netflix app and no issues with the Browser app doing other things, YouTube seems fine.

For me it's a hit or miss, some shows play, others do not, some kick in after while, others don't until maybe even hours.

Wondering if anyone has more info? Right now I don't think I will purchase Amazon Prime till I know more.

TIA

I have been using the Amazon Prime Video app since I purchased my TV in late 2016 without issue.

On 14/01/2018 at 9:08 PM, grabber5.0 said:

Are you able to test it with a wired network connection? Also which TV model?

Hi,

Sorry not to reply sooner been down with viral flu, but back in the world now.

The TV is this one: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-49UH650V

Yes I can try it on a wired connection, but not until the middle of this coming week.  I'll let you know the results.