Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Salil Surendran

Internet slows down after some time

I have a dual wifi system with one 2.4 GHz frequency  and another 5 Ghz. I get close to 30 Mbps on my LG TV on either. But once I switch off the TV and turn it on after 12 hours or so the internet slows down to 0.3 Mbps. The only that works is to reconnect to another network and the speed returns back only to have the same process repeat. Any way to fix this problem?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Super slow internet (WiFi) when streaming

Hi, I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range. I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue? Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it?    Br, Nick

By NickL, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 5 answers
    • Question: Cant watch internet programmes

Every time i try to watch netfilix or any other prigrammes on my smart tv. It restarts saying its going to  free space but still dont let me watch the app

By Maxwell loxley, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Youtube, LGContent store and some other apps wont detect internet connection except netflix

I have an LG WebOS TV UJ6320 and youtube, lg content, spotify and some other app can't detect that the tv is connected to internet through wifi or wired. Thus i'm unable to access the contents in the app. But my netflix app can play videos. So that means its connected to the internet. My phone can connect to the internet without any issues but i ran some tests. I connect my phone to my wifi and turn on the mobile hotspot to connwct my tv to my phone and then those apps that cant access the internet can now play vidoes and access their contents. Hoping for some help and advise on this.. Location:Philippines Model: LG WebOS TV UJ6320  

By Mark Morales, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • FCC Lists a New Palm Phone in the Works

Unfortunately not running our beloved webOS, but Android, FCC documents show a new Palm phone in the works. If you recall, the Palm brand was purchased by TLC with the promise of releasing new Palm branded phones.....
        First spotted by Android Police, new filings show a device called the Palm PVG100 has passed through the FCC and WiFi Alliance. Yes, a Palm smartphone submitted by the Palm Ventures Group just showed up in 2018. Not much is known about the device, but it is an Android 8.1 Oreo smartphone with WiFi 2.4GHz and quad-band LTE support. If you went "huh" after reading 2.4GHz, you are correct with that reaction as this device will not support the faster 5GHz band, common in most devices now, by the looks of this filing. ....read more   Palm PVG100 Escapes Smartphone Purgatory Running Android Oreo
      Read more at https://hothardware.com/news/palm-pvg100-android-81-oreo-fcc-wi-fi-alliance#FEfCvRfRWTaoFl4R.99 

By Alex, in Palm Pre and Pre Plus

• 1 reply
    • Question: Wifi / Slow Internet Speed

Dear Team, I have LG 49UB850T Smart UHD TV. Recently, I updated the WebOS, from that point, I observed my TV is very very very slow while browsing the Youtube / Netflix / Amazon Prime / SBS OnDemand any live streaming.   Here are few details: Model: 49UB850T-TA Seriel Number: 404KCZPR3501 Software Version: 05.05.75 WebOS Version: 1.4.0-2334(afro-ashley)   Can I get any fix to this OS version or suggest me what I have to do to fix this issue.   Thanks, Kotes

By Kotes, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 1 answer
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Leigh
      Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes.  (Of note: I need to watch presentations by medical professionals, NOT ILLEGAL CONTENT. Ted talks is an example)  When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 
    • By muratsensoy
      It is very critical to use a VPN or a web proxy to access certain web sites. I believe that any modern OS may support these. I hope WebOS will support one of them (at least) soon. What do you think?