Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Surojit Roy

HDMI ARC option doesn't transfer sound to Pioneer Receiver

Question

Bought SJ850A and trying to use HDMI ARC option to transfer sound to my Bose V series speakers through Pioneer AV Receiver VSX-830. Receiver has ARC enabled in the setting and tried all possible options on the LG TV with Sound setting. Anybody has had similar experience? Can anyone throw some light? Thanks! 

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• I need help only one app on my LG PF1500W webOS enabled LED projector , the accuweather app. I can't find any other apps like Netflix and YouTube

only one app on my LG PF1500W webOS enabled LED projector , the accuweather app. I can't find any other apps like Netflix. How can I run Netflix on this projector Is the LG content store not ? I have ordered the projector through Amazon US. Everything else seems to work fine. Including the LG TV Plus android app.   Help me please            Quote

By Ammars2005, in LG webOS Smart Projector

• 0 replies
    • Question: LG Sound sync compatible headsets

Hi,    I've just bough LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset with the hope that I can connect it to my LG TV LB650V via LG Sound Sync (wireless).   However the TV does not recognise the bluetooth headset and doesn't show up in the list of available devices.   Can anyone confirm of please let me know if this is possible ?   Thanks, Optimus

By ss332, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 13 answers
    • Magic Remote support for controlling Definitive Technology Studio W sound bar

The Magic Remote has universal remote control support for a number of different sound bar brands, but not for Definitive Technology and their W Studio sound bar model.  I would like to see this support added.  It would also be nice if the interface allowed manually setting the remote control codes for various functions, in the case where corresponding devices are not listed.

By slewis7, in LG webOS Wish List

• 3 replies
    • Question: No Sound from HDMI Input

I have a LG OLED55C7T TV, with the latest software. I replaced my Topfield 2400 PVR (1080P) with a Beyonwiz U4 (2160P) on HDMI 1.  I get picture but could not get any sound to the TV via HDMI.  I tried both SD and HD channels. All show video, but no audio. I checked all volume and mute setting on the TV and on the Beyonwiz. I checked the TV firmware is the latest available release. I tried all of the HDMI inputs and 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. I tried other devices in these TV HDMI inputs and all worked properly (i.e. had sound). I re-flashed the U4 Firmware and went through the setup again. Still no change. I tried setting the TV to factory defaults and setting it up again, but still no sound. I connected an optical cable from the S/PDIF output to my amplifier and sound works. I tried plugging the U4 into another TV via HDMI and it works properly - both video and sound. But the combination of the U4 and the LG TV does not work. So, I'm convinced that its software or a setting on either device that is mismatched. The LG work perfectly with all other HDMI devices that I connected to it (BlueRay Player, Topfield PVR, Nexus Player, Canon 5dMk4 Camera) but I can't get it work with the Beyonwiz U4.  The U4 works fine via HDMI to another TV.  So why won't they work together?  What settings should I try changing?

By GJC, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: LG UHD TV digital sound out popping noise problem

Dear Readers,

I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.
      I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.

If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.
      And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something on an old LP player) it happens random, but for example during a film, it is very annoying. It happens with YouTube, Netflix, DLNA streaming, external devices, so the content doesn't matter. I think I've tried everything. I tested it with different HDMI cables, optical cable, but still have the problem. I tested it with a sound bar as well, the problem is the same.
      When I play content from the receiver, there is no problem, the sound is wonderful, no popping. Also, the TVs speakers are okay.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, because the TV's sound is OK, the home theater's sound is OK, the problem only happens when I want to use the digital output of the TV (either HDMI ARC or Optical) with auto setting.
      I called LG as well, the rep. said the she will pass this info to the technical team.

Do you have any idea, that it can be solved, or I need to wait for a software update?

By Krash01, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 1 vote
      • 22 answers