Quantcast

[pivotCE]Video: iPhone X goes head to head with Palm Pre for some reason

pivotCE

Found my old one!! Just no idea how to get past this palm profile screen without having Sprint service on it

link hidden, please login to view

— Tim Schofield (@qbking77)

Tech-tuber, , dug out a Palm Pre today to do a comparison video of the iPhone X and the original Palm Pre with equal parts “Apple finally copied webOS” and “this weird device is old, lolz” sprinkled in.

Perhaps the video is in response to claims from Qualcomm that in their borrowing (read:  theft) of elements that made webOS, well, webOS.

He admits this isn’t a serious comparison, of course.

New video tonight! Mixing it up a bit and just made this one for fun

— Tim Schofield (@qbking77)

I’m going to let the video speak for itself on this one.

He had some help getting that Pre bypassed from our community, by the way (no shout-out in the video, Tim?!). And my favorite comment on the video has got to be this one!

comment.png?resize=585%2C192

Yes. Yes, it does.

#webOSforever

Related posts:

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      To provide tailored lifestyles to customers across various countries, a global company like LG must listen intently to the diverse needs of each one. An effective way of doing so is by directly asking local users how the company can improve their daily lives, as the team can develop exceptional experiences together using this valuable feedback. To facilitate this, LG has developed a customer advisory group in South Korea and the United States, fostering a new channel of communication.
      L.UP is the company’s own customer advisory group in Korea with its members representing a diverse cross section of society. The members of L.UP consult directly with LG designers, who incorporate their feedback into the final products. They play an indispensable role in the development of LG appliances, having already helped the company develop several innovations, including the LG Styler ShoeCare and ShoeCase.

The North American Advisory Group, which was established this year, takes these efforts to the next level in such an important market. Composed of customers passionate about providing feedback on their appliances and sharing their personal experiences and opinions, this group provides a platform to share their novel ideas via online meetings, surveys and home visits.
      The North American Advisory Group
      Having been an online-only affair since its inception, the advisory group gathered in person for the first time at the LG North American Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. LG organized this event to meet its valued contributors in person as a way of expressing gratitude for all their hard work and dedication, while also increasing engagement with this important audience. Over three days, each member enjoyed a hands-on experience to learn more about the brand and its products and discuss their pain points with insightful LG employees.

Sam Kim, LG Electronics USA’s Home Appliance President, and Lee Hyang-eun, managing director of the Customer Experience Innovation Division at LG Electronics from Korea welcomed the North American Advisory Group at LG’s New Jersey facility, which overlooks the Hudson River and New York City’s famous skyline.
      Following the welcome speeches, members of the advisory group visited the home appliance showroom to experience various kitchen and laundry set-ups that let them envision their dream interior, including LG STUDIO and LG SIGNATURE zones. Here, LG’s Product Management (PM) team introduced the unique features and characteristics of its advanced home appliance lineup, which included previews of upcoming products to the delight of those in attendance. The dialogue continued as they toured the elegantly designed Signature Kitchen Suite “Skyline Showroom” demonstration kitchen as well.

Throughout the afternoon, the PM team listened to the groups’ personal stories and feedback about their experiences with the company’s products, both positive and negative. At the end, members of the advisory group were yearning for more, and the company already is considering more of these kinds of meetings in the future to better understand the minds of consumers.
      LG aims to reflect local opinions into its product development process. The company acknowledges that the North American market has significantly different tastes and preferences compared to the Korean market, which in part comes down to them having contrasting housing structures and installation environments. This means that no matter how popular a product is in Korea, this success doesn’t always translate across borders, making the discovery of new applications and effortless management and installation essential.
      LG will continue to bring its customers into the loop when developing new products and improving upon existing ones, as a way of inspiring greater innovation that bolsters its home appliance leadership and reminding customers that it cares about their concerns.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By will price
      I’m turning on with remote and then it automatically turns blank after a few seconds 
      comes on with lg logo but after a few seconds turns blank and will not do anything or display anything 
    • By Kevin_Idaho
      Our LG TV was just updated with the latest software - before when the TV was turned on it was set to the previous input (one of the HDMIs).   Now it appears to be sent to the Home Dashboard and I have to manually change it to the desired HDMI input.    Does anyone know how to fix this?    Thanks!
    • By Alann
      I have only notices when streaming. Streaming stop on some error and the tv locks up. Remote no loaner works. I have to unplug to reboot the tv. Never happy when just watching tv.
    • By mikemilw2002
      Hello,
      This is a much asked about question:
      LG Smart LED TVs that turn on for a second, show the LG logo, then a black screen ensues.

My TV is a LG 43uj6200 TV.
      I have tried the typical troubleshooting steps involving holding the power down for 15 seconds while unplugged, then waiting up to 15 min, then holding down the power again while it turns on. No fix there.

I am getting the 3 red blinks, but the system will stay on (at least the motherboard does). 3 red blinks indicates that it is a power supply issue, from what I read.

Also, I visually looked at the mainboard for faulty caps (leaky or busted cans). Nothing visible. I have read that there is a power diode that could be bad. I did a diode check on all diodes near the "blue rectangular component" (possibly a relay?) None of the diodes showed an open circuit or an infinite voltage.
      I do not have an ESR/LCR meter but am going to get one in a few days.

I measured the voltage on the output of the power board and it is supposed to be 13.2 volts. I got 13.08V. Measuring the second to last pin (P-ON), I got 3.2V. I am not sure if that is up to par. I think 3.3V is the requirement for the mainboard.

The last pin at the bottom of the connector is called INV-OK or something like that. I measured 2.85V there. Are these voltages within spec?

I have also read that the LEDs could be open circuited or failing which would draw more current than the power board can handle. This could also cause the shutdown.

Does anyone have any other repair tips for this? I really don't want to have to buy a new power or mainboard.

Thanks
      Mike