Quantcast

LG 43uj6200 42" TV turns on for a second, then goes blank

mikemilw2002

Question

Hello,
This is a much asked about question:
LG Smart LED TVs that turn on for a second, show the LG logo, then a black screen ensues.

My TV is a LG 43uj6200 TV.
I have tried the typical troubleshooting steps involving holding the power down for 15 seconds while unplugged, then waiting up to 15 min, then holding down the power again while it turns on. No fix there.

I am getting the 3 red blinks, but the system will stay on (at least the motherboard does). 3 red blinks indicates that it is a power supply issue, from what I read.

Also, I visually looked at the mainboard for faulty caps (leaky or busted cans). Nothing visible. I have read that there is a power diode that could be bad. I did a diode check on all diodes near the "blue rectangular component" (possibly a relay?) None of the diodes showed an open circuit or an infinite voltage.
I do not have an ESR/LCR meter but am going to get one in a few days.

I measured the voltage on the output of the power board and it is supposed to be 13.2 volts. I got 13.08V. Measuring the second to last pin (P-ON), I got 3.2V. I am not sure if that is up to par. I think 3.3V is the requirement for the mainboard.

The last pin at the bottom of the connector is called INV-OK or something like that. I measured 2.85V there. Are these voltages within spec?

I have also read that the LEDs could be open circuited or failing which would draw more current than the power board can handle. This could also cause the shutdown.

Does anyone have any other repair tips for this? I really don't want to have to buy a new power or mainboard.

Thanks
Mike

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rayden79
      I'm having this problem with LG Oled 65c16LA with WebOs Version 03.40.85
      When I turn off the TV, it goes into standby mode.
      After 2 minutes the red standby LED turns off and it is no longer possible to turn the TV back on with the remote or with the power on button.
      It is then necessary to unplug the power supply, wait a few minutes and reconnect it.
      So the TV goes back to standby and you can turn it on again. In use everything works.
      Is it a software problem? How can I solve it?
      Thank you
    • By Huig
      Hello,
      I have a UJ701V tv from 2017. I get a random disturbance of the sound and picture and then the tv reboots. I have already removed the back cover and everything looks fine. According the logfile i have to replace the mainboard but i think the problem will stay.
    • By will price
      I’m turning on with remote and then it automatically turns blank after a few seconds 
      comes on with lg logo but after a few seconds turns blank and will not do anything or display anything 
    • By News Reporter
      Record Revenues, Strong Profitability Provide Solid Foundation for
      Pursuing Mid- to Long-term Growth Through Advancement of Business Portfolio

SEOUL, July 27, 2023 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced second-quarter 2023 consolidated revenue of KRW 20 trillion with operating profit of KRW 741.9 billion.
      The company recorded the highest second-quarter revenues in company history. The second-quarter results underscore the success of the company’s strategy to drive continuous growth while strengthening its business competitiveness. The record revenue reflects the company’s actions to fundamentally improve its business structure by pursuing new platform-based service businesses and continuously expanding the business-to-business (B2B) segments. Profitability also was strong, although operating income was 6.3 percent lower than the second quarter last year, primarily due to a one-time second-quarter 2023 provision.
      The company plans to drive further profitability improvements by optimizing efficiencies and by preemptively meeting market demands through enhanced demand forecasting and manufacturing competitiveness. LG also plans to continuously strengthen its online brand store and direct-to-consumer businesses.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company generated second-quarter revenues of KRW 7.99 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 600.1 billion. Despite intensified market conditions, the business unit recorded strong profitability on the back of increased sales of high-demand products such as air conditioners and energy efficient heat pump-enabled products. The operating profit increased by 40 percent from the previous year, reflecting efficient cost structure management. The company will leverage its high-efficiency innovations including heat pumps and ESS as demand for green technologies grows in Europe, North America and around the world.  At the same time, the company sees the electrification trend as an opportunity for future growth in the HVAC business. In the third quarter, the company will launch new LG ThinQ UP 2.0 home appliances featuring hyper-personalization, subscriptions and services. Certain mass-tier appliance lineups also will be expanded in response to market changes. The company plans to lead a paradigm shift in the home appliance industry by combining service-based business models with differentiated product competitiveness, while continuing efforts to increase efficiencies in production, purchasing and logistics for stable profitability.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company recorded second-quarter revenue of KRW 3.15 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 123.6 billion. As challenging business conditions persist for the worldwide consumer electronics industry, the company continued to focus on improving operational efficiency and improving profitability by growing the content and service businesses based on LG’s webOS smart TV platform. The company intends to transform its TV business portfolio into a “media and entertainment service provider” by expanding content, services and advertising in differentiated products. The business unit also intends to solidify LG’s leadership in the ultra-large-screen TV market with the launch of the 97-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED M, the world’s first “wireless” consumer TV with Zero Connect technology. Also driving the premium TV market are expanded sales of the company’s popular new Lifestyle Screens.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company‘s second-quarter revenue was KRW 2.66 trillion, the highest second-quarter revenues in company history. However, an operating profit was KRW 89.8 billion excluding non-recurring expenses such as one-off provision, achieving the highest second-quarter operating profit in terms of business performance. But after the company’s operating profit margin included the one-time provision of KRW 151 billion, related to General Motors’ recall of the Chevy Bolt EV, it resulted an operating loss of KRW 61.2 billion. This provision reflects the increases in material costs that occurred during the recall period.
      The business unit will continue its growth momentum by focusing on expanding its high value-added and high-performance business. The company’s order backlog is expected to reach KRW 100 trillion by the end of the year, leading to sequential sales conversion resulting in profitable growth. In particular, in terms of profitability, it is positive that the company is experiencing economies of scale from sales expansion. As steady increase of electric vehicle demand is expected in the future, the company will actively seek new opportunities in future mobility areas, such as autonomous driving, software solutions and content, while securing stable profitability by expanding the portion of high value-added and high-performance products supplied to key automotive customers around the world.
      The LG Business Solutions Company saw improved second-quarter revenues of KRW 1.33 trillion with an operating profit of KRW 2.6 billion. Both revenue and operating profit declined slightly from the same period last year due to the persistent softening of demand for IT products. From the third quarter, demand for IT products is expected to show a gradual recovery compared to the first half. In the midst of this, LG plans to actively expand sales of monitors and laptops equipped with gaming features and OLED displays. In the commercial display business, the company will seek opportunities for further growth with customized solutions for various vertical markets, from hospitality and health care to education, retail and corporate.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on July 27, 2023, at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Conference call participants are instructed to pre-register online to receive a private PIN. To participate in the conference call, dial +82 31 810 3130, enter passcode 6418# and then the PIN. The corresponding presentation file will be available for download at the LG Electronics website before the call.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Highest Second Quarter Revenue With
       Steady Growth Based on Strong Fundamentals

SEOUL, July 7, 2023 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced its preliminary earnings results for the second quarter of 2023.
      LG reported revenues of KRW 19.9 trillion in the second quarter of 2023, the highest second-quarter revenue, with operating profit of KRW 892.7 billion, the second highest second-quarter operating profit in the company’s history.
      The revenue reflects the company’s actions to fundamentally improve its business structure by continuously expanding the B2B segment, even as profitability was impacted by the challenging global economic conditions and intensifying competition in the market. Operating profit increased by 12.7 percent compared to the same quarter last year, reflecting continuous growth based on the company’s strategy to strengthen business competitiveness.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company recorded strong profitability on the back of increased sales of high demand products such as air conditioners and energy efficient heat pump-enabled products as well as energy storage systems.
      Despite the challenging global economic conditions, the LG Home Entertainment Company is achieving meaningful growth of content and service businesses based on LG’s webOS smart TV platform. At the same time, the company’s Lifestyle Screens are expanding sales and driving the premium TV market.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company is continuing the growth momentum supported by high order backlog of auto parts and stable supply chain management. At the same time, the company’s growth was positively impacted by a stable business portfolio made up of the 3 key areas of infotainment, e-powertrain and lighting solutions. The LG Business Solutions Company is accelerating the expansion of the customer experience to discover potential customer demand by introducing the world’s first commercial television sets to feature Apple AirPlay technology support for hotel TVs.
      These figures are tentative consolidated earnings based on K-IFRS provided as a service to investors prior to LG Electronics’ final earnings results, including net profit. Details regarding each division will be announced officially later this month.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view