Quantcast

[pivotCE]Qualcomm’s Palm Patents used in lawsuit against Apple over iPhone X

pivotCE

Qualcomm-2.jpg?resize=621%2C310&ssl=1

Qualcomm’s at it again.  Renowned for being a world-class

link hidden, please login to view
, it’s once again suing Apple over…get this…using Palm Inc. patents in the iPhone X.

Their big hangup is that the iPhone X borrowed Palm’s user interface or more specifically the interface found on webOS phones like the Palm Pre.

Who hasn’t been saying the cards interface was stolen from webOS years ago when we first saw it popping up on Android devices? EVERYONE uses it. From Ubuntu Touch, iOS, Sailfish, BlackBerry 10, Windows Phone, and of course Android, they all use some styling of the cards for multitasking or rather task switching.

Their demands? Ban the iPhone X in the US among other things.

Yeah….right.  Good luck with that.

Whatever it is, Palm did it first and did it better.

— DΞRΞK ⚡ KΞSSLΞR (@derekakessler)

#webOSforever

Related posts:

• Like 1

• Similar Topics

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Alex
      Build Your First App for webOS TV
      Web apps are written using HTML with copious amounts of CSS and JavaScript for style and functionality. Any modern Web browser can deliver this type of apps to the user.  With webOS TV, web apps are elevated to the lofty title of a first class citizen - web apps on webOS TV are given access to the same hardware, and OS features that typically available to native apps.

Web apps built for webOS TV are very similar to standard web apps. Like the standard web applications, you can create web apps for webOS TV using standards based web technologies like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Anyone with experience in building web applications can easily start developing web apps for webOS TV.

Now, just create your app using the CLI.
      Run the webOS TV CLI.

Create new app with Enyo bootplate.
      ares-generate -t moonstone-2014 first-app Now you can continue developing and testing your app.

Edit ./first-app/appinfo.json file. Update "id" and "title" properties in appinfo.json file with text editor as below.
      {
          "id": "com.yourdomain.app.firstapp",
          "version": "0.0.1",
          "vendor": "My Company",
          "type": "web",
          "main": "index.html",
          "title": "singlepane",
          "icon": "icon.png",
      }

Package your app from app directory. If app is packaged successfully, you can see the created .ipk file.
      ares-package first-app  
      Run the webOS TV Emulator.

Install your app to emulator. Be sure to use the correct file name for your package.
      ares-install com.yourdomain.app.firstapp_0.0.1_all.ipk  
      Launch your app on emulator.
      ares-launch com.yourdomain.app.firstapp
    • By Tanni
      My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up. 
      I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc. 
      Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory? 
      My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly. 

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV. 
      Thanks 
    • By bulsat88
      I have a LG webOS TVUM7050PLF which is being used with a satellite dish in my vacation home. I am trying to add a new satellite, which is not included in the embedded list of 30+ satellites of this TV.
      Can anybody help me on how to add a new satellite, which is not included in the TV's existing list.

• By Bella Lee
      With the Amazon Music app, LG smart TV owners who also happen to be Prime members can finally access two million songs on their TVs. But there is a more convenient approach for you to play Amazon Music on LG smart TV. With an link hidden, please login to view or Mac, you are able to and them play them directly on your smart TV without the Amazon Music app. And you don't worry that your smart TV is not compatible with LG smart TV.