Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Vinod Gupta

Configuring Smart TV in kiosk-like mode

Question

We need to buy a large number of 4K Smart TVs. We only need to display our plain text events list published on our web server. No RF Tuner, no multiple ports, no multiple apps, no other advanced features needed.

We evaluated your LG 43UJ6300 Ultra HD Smart TV (2017 model). This TV has many more features than we need but yet missing a couple of crucial ones. We could not find anyway to automatically start web browser on start up and we could not disable its screensaver. How do we set & save these two kiosk settings?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Similar Tagged Content

• By NikD63
      I just got an OLED55C8. I won't have a cable or antenna connection to it, nor will I have any other devices physically connected to it. So there are no input sources to choose from. Everything I view will be coming through WiFi.
      Whenever I turn on the TV, it comes on with the TV source selected. And because I have no signal sources connected to it I get a random noise picture and sound. If the volume was up high on the previous viewing, the random noise is pretty loud. It can be pretty jarring at times.
      Is there some way I can set it so that upon power-up one of my streaming apps, such as YouTube TV or Netflix, is selected? Or can it come on with the volume off and on the home screen? If not, is there some way I can at least set the default volume level used at power on?
    • By AquaAero
      Hi Team,
      We dont have Airtel Tv and Hot star app available on lg web os. Availability of these app will make our tv actual smart. 

Thanks.
    • By andy31
      Hi,
      I have following LG Smart TV :
      Model: 42LM620T-ZE (Software version: 04.62.12  ;  SDK Version: 02.08)
      Does my TV have webOS ??
      It was purchased in summer 2012 so I know its quite old now.
      Also how to check if this TV has Netcast (perhaps 3.0 or  4.0) ??
      Let me know.
    • By leonis123
      I just bought an LG smart tv only to find out that HBO GO and SHO Anytimw are not available?!?!?!  This seems totally crazy. Why would LG do this ? I am thinking about taking it back to the store and getting something else. I feel like buying a Chromecast or Firestick would just defeat the purpose of having a "Smart TV". I don't want 300 remotes. Is there any effort by LG to put these apps on their operating system?