Quantcast

Did WebOS 3.5 drop Multi-View?

I have been looking high and low for a TV that allows picture in picture with two different inputs, so I can have the Playstation 4  and regular TV on the same screen.  Finally found LG TV's with WebOS3.0 and MULTI-VIEW and thought my prayers were answered!  I went out and bought a 49" LG 49UJ6300 today, with WebOS 3.5(!) so it's even better I thought.  Got it home, hooked it up and it was beautiful.  Only to discover that there was NO Multiview!  Apparently it is not supported on the 6300.  What the hell?  The older 6030 49" had it, with WebOS 3.0 !!!?  You're supposed to ADD features, not drop them!  

Anyone know why they did that?  Is it just that 49" version or is multi-view just gone now?  That was the one feature I wanted from the damn TV, so I took it back.  The older 6030 is out of stock everywhere.  I'm so bummed.  Nobody makes TV's that can do split-screen.  I guess Samsung still does it but they are much more expensive.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve a problem like you. I bought a LG 24MT49S-PZ with WebOs 3.5 and the problem is than in any countries (for example UK) the TV has PiP but in others like Spain it hasn´t. I asked LG and they told me that in England the TV has another software tha permit the PiP function so It´s possible to change the software of the TV for another country software?.

Thanks in advance.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, Bob S said:

I have been looking high and low for a TV that allows picture in picture with two different inputs, so I can have the Playstation 4  and regular TV on the same screen.  Finally found LG TV's with WebOS3.0 and MULTI-VIEW and thought my prayers were answered!  I went out and bought a 49" LG 49UJ6300 today, with WebOS 3.5(!) so it's even better I thought.  Got it home, hooked it up and it was beautiful.  Only to discover that there was NO Multiview!  Apparently it is not supported on the 6300.  What the hell?  The older 6030 49" had it, with WebOS 3.0 !!!?  You're supposed to ADD features, not drop them!  

Anyone know why they did that?  Is it just that 49" version or is multi-view just gone now?  That was the one feature I wanted from the damn TV, so I took it back.  The older 6030 is out of stock everywhere.  I'm so bummed.  Nobody makes TV's that can do split-screen.  I guess Samsung still does it but they are much more expensive.

Buy a samsung TV, every model has this feature since 2010

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Costin Angelescu
      Good afternoon,
      I have a 49UB850V-ZD smart TV and has the issues below. Can't understand if its a software issue or components issues:
      1. Can't reset using meniu. I can access the meniu, I inserted pin 0000 and if I try to click Confirm it just flashes the button with no success. If I click Cancel then the meniu closes
      2. The Live TV channels are not working. There is no issue with the provider. It just not plays any channel
      3. If I connect the usb or hard-disk driver to play some movies I can navigate thru folder but I can t play any
      4. When I connect to Netflix or youtube I can navigate but if i try to play it does not load.
      5. The remote TV does not work anymore -> Only the Power Off/On button
      6. I have a magic remote TV for LG and works to navigate with the indicator
      7. The button of the TV (under the TV led) works only to open the TV -> the menu does not work anymore
      8. In the advanced menu, the Channel settings is not active among other options that are disabled. 
      9. When I try to access the LG STORE it says: loading unsuccessful (82) because the hour of the TV is not the correct one. I tryed to change time to something different and also changed location and removed the location. This change did not had any effect 
      What do you think? What do I need to do?

• By News Reporter
      Being an environmentally conscious company means looking deep into all business processes and putting the utmost effort into transforming, both externally and internally, from the supply chain to the organizational culture. In other words, LG aims to be an environmentally sustainable business, calling for specific and tangible actions with the three environmental ESG initiatives outlined in its BETTER LIFE PLAN 2030.

The initiatives mark a paradigm shift towards adopting tangible, specific and measurable actions for a better, cleaner and greener environment. Part two of the Better Life story series, this article looks at the environmental action plans LG has established and the goals it is working hard to achieve.

According to research, the average temperature on
      link hidden, please login to view (2.2 degrees Fahrenheit) since pre-industrial times. Responding to the urgency of climate change, LG remains steadfastly committed to attaining carbon neutrality, and to converting entirely to renewable energy in the long term. Its dedication to both goals can already be seen in the energy-efficient technologies applied at LG Smart Park in Changwon, South Korea. Exercising immediate change for its carbon initiative, LG is converting to more efficient operational processes and applying energy-efficient technologies across all of its production plants. LG Smart Park, the company’s revolutionary production facility, deploys next-generation manufacturing innovations to simultaneously achieve higher production efficiency and enhanced sustainability. The manufacturing hub has increased productivity by 20 percent and reduced the cost of defective-product returns by 80 percent. Moreover, LG Smart Park has reduced greenhouse gas emissions and boosted energy efficiency per unit by 30 percent compared to the previous factory.

LG is looking to change the status quo of end-of-lifecycle management by using eco-friendly materials, streamlining manufacturing processes and turning discarded materials into ‘new’ resources, with the aim of creating a circular economy.
      The reducing, recovering, recycling and reusing of materials are all very important in a circular economy. LG operates a free e-waste retrieval service in 52 countries and aims to collect an accumulated total of over eight million tons of used appliances from 2006 to 2030. As for recycling, LG is improving its existing processes to achieve a higher recycling rate, with the end goal of hitting 95 percent by 2030. As part of this, the company’s Chilseo Recycling Center (CRC) situated in Hamyang, South Korea, plans to replace the compressor and old equipment by the latter half of the year. Furthermore, LG recently invited its employees to come together in the collective journey towards circularity by using fewer disposable paper cups at work.

A global leader in consumer electronics, LG is dedicated to helping consumers realize a more sustainable lifestyle. This is why the company is applying eco-friendly technologies to all newly developed products, contributing to a smaller carbon footprint and resource recirculation.
      By 2030, LG plans to have reduced total carbon emissions from the product-usage stage by 20 percent. It also projects that, from 2021 to 2030, it will have used an accumulated total of six hundred thousand tons of recycled plastics in the production of new home appliances. In the future, the company will be able to offer products that are even more energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable than its current crop of models, helping consumers to reduce their monthly energy bills, achieve a more sustainable household and enjoy the best version of the Better Life LG aims to provide.

For more on how LG is embracing inclusivity, sustainability and diversity in all that it does, stay tuned for the third and final Better Life story, coming soon to Beyond News.
      # # #

• By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By News Reporter
      We are living in the era of the ‘experience economy’ where the ability to offer customers memorable experiences has become key to brand reputation and indispensable for business growth.
      Within this context, companies need to shed the description of ‘manufacturer’ or ‘provider of goods and services’ and, instead, transform their identity into that of ‘partner for a better life.’ This, however, can only be achieved by building solid, sustainable relationships with customers through the realization of differentiated experiences that offer unexpected value and gratification. In today’s environment, producing quality goods is, by itself, no longer enough to guarantee customer loyalty.

Customer loyalty is now viewed by many as an outdated term, especially where the
      link hidden, please login to view (a widely-used term in South Korea that encompasses millennials and Gen Z) is concerned. One of the most powerful consumer groups, MZ Generation take a more case-by-case approach to purchasing, rather than sticking with a particular brand out of any sense of loyalty. They typically seek out solutions that fit with their lifestyle, while also looking at financial cost, environmental impact and whether or not the item in question delivers an element of ‘emotional satisfaction.’ On this last point, companies are now using the power of data to help them quantify and categorize the constituent parts of ‘satisfaction’ and develop seamless, hassle-free experiences that offer practical and ‘emotional’ benefits to customers. Attached and Connected: A New Standard for Brand Power
      To gain a competitive edge in the era of the experience economy, establishing an emotional connection with customers has never been more vital. More and more companies are recognizing this fact, and, to this end, are making every effort to improve the customer experience (CX). Fostering a connection in this way can result in a deep relationship between customer and company that grows stronger over time and runs deeper than those based on the former model of customer loyalty.

Unlike physical goods, experiences don’t depreciate in value. Rather, companies can increase the value of the experiences they offer by constantly refining and evolving them which, in turn, may lead to better company-customer relationships and business outcomes. Ultimately, how expertly a company can develop and innovate in all areas of the CX will be a determining factor in their market performance and brand value – not just in the short-term, but in the medium- and long-term as well.

Transformed Retail Spaces to Attractions
      With the ubiquity of online shopping, consumers are less likely to spend time going to offline stores – unless, that is, they offer something genuinely exciting or intriguing. Creating unique, in-store experiences or customer zones that offer a relaxing, inviting atmosphere that one wouldn’t typically associate with a traditional retail space, is a necessity for retailers looking to lure the MZ Generation away from their favorite online stores. Such activities also come under the umbrella of CX and represent an important touch point for establishing a greater rapport with and understanding of target customer groups.

Marketing is another arena where brands can connect directly with consumers to actively communicate their values and philosophy but catching the attention of people who encounter more than 3,000 advertising messages a day is no simple feat. In this climate, spatial marketing – which is conducted through sites such as flagship stores and pop-ups – is an excellent solution for standing out, and a great way of delivering one’s unique identity and messaging. A physical space can ‘embody’ what a brand stands for on multiple levels – from décor and design decisions, to location choice and the way on-site interactions are directed or guided. Add in a curated selection of products and personalized demonstrations tailored to the audience, and a brand can provide a versatile experience that customers will likely remember and resonate with.
      ‘Retail technology’ – the integration of information and communications technology (ICT) in retail settings – further enhances the ability of spatial marketing to stimulate an emotional response, one that can draw potential customers to a brand, or solidify the affinity that existing customers have for a brand.
      Spaces are where our lives unfold. They are where we make memories and form opinions and relationships that can last a lifetime, and this is where the true power of spatial marketing resides. Through cutting-edge technologies, the empathetic consideration of space and a thorough understanding of what consumers value, LG continues to deliver original, unique experiences to millions of customers worldwide. Around 800 of the company’s expert designers are currently hard at work developing customized products based on comprehensive and ongoing analyses of today’s diverse consumer lifestyles.

At Milan Design Week 2022, executives from LG’s Home Entertainment and Home Appliance & Air Solution companies introduced LG’s ‘CX innovation’ management strategy and vision for the future. The company is continuously launching special spaces in Korea and various overseas markets, enabling consumers to see, feel and experience LG’s unique CX for themselves.
      By Lee Hyang-eun, managing director of the Customer Experience Innovation Division at LG Electronics
      # # #