Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Afsal

Typing needed in LG TV Plus

Question

LG TV Plus application is not at useful unless we are able to type and search in smartphone itself. LG has given a provision to use mouse with a touchpad in the app but haven't used a keyboard to type for search. It would be easy for viewers to type from their smartphone and search for videos in portals like Youtube. Please do the needful to have such functions in next update of application.

3 answers to this question

You can link your smartphone with the youtube app. This functionality is in the youtube app.

After you did this, you can use your phone to type and even use it to search youtube en start the video on your TV.

Thats the way to search for videos in youtube application. My question was different, asking for all sort of typing in tv should be happening from keyboard of smartphone.

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't read your message properly. 

I noticed the LG TV plus app got updated some time ago and I can now watch pictures and movies from my phone. Maybe you can use the app to suggest to the developers to add this feature. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• How to remove amazon prime from search results

Hi,   Does anyone know how to remove sources such as Rakuten, Amazon Prime .. from the search results. I uninstalled the apps, however they still show up in the results.   Please advise,   Peter

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Gallery Application

The LG Gallery is a very nice application, I use it many times, but unfortunately there are few classical paintings. Unfortunately, uploaded user images are represented by a variety of transitions and animations, which greatly worsens the artwork. It would be good if: - The number of factory-downloadable images would increase to multiple - Simply display user UHD images without any crossover animation (get the effect on and off) - It would be possible to play back-up images in random ord

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Virtual keyboard Q&A

Where would I find the How-To info for using the virtual keyboard from my LG remote. As example...  Prime video search - virtual keyboard comes on screen - my remote has left-right-up-down-center-OK-back  buttons to 'select letters' to type on virtual keyboard. However, the right & down buttons stop at the last letter M.     I cannot search for:  naomijudd    That requires two words:  naomi judd But the spacebar is DOWN BELOW the letter M.    Also- The bottom of the 

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• How to install application on LG TV?

I am building the sample application from LG documentation which is here: http://developer.lge.com/webOSTV/develop/web-app/how/customize-remote-control-keys/   I can build it and run it inside the browser and the emulator and now I like to push it on a real LG TV. Here are few things I did:   # Create a tv2 device ares-setup-device --add tv2 -i "username=root" -i "host=172.28.75.74" -i "port=22"   # Check which devices are listed with ares tools ares-setup-device --list <DEVICE NAME

in LG webOS Developers

• Question: spacebar on wireless keyboard changes language

Hello Forum Friends   I have attached a wireless keyboard to my LG Smart Tv, and when I am in for instance in the web browser and typing something in the URL field each time I hit the spacebar it changes my language. I have english and danish as the two keyboard choices. I cannot not chose english, it is greyed out. So I cannot run just danish. However if I unmark the danish in chose keyboards in the settings menu and run just english keyboard, the spacebar still does not work. Anybody

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions