Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Tom S.

Help! After factory reset, can't pair remote and stuck on setup screen!

Question

New user to the forum!  

My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area.

I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state.

Any help is appreciated!

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, nemilose said:

You may try with any LG IR remote with OK button.

Unfortunately, already tried with 2 LG magic remotes, but neither seem to work.  OK button simply won't respond.

18 minutes ago, nemilose said:

You may try with any LG IR remote with OK button.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nemilose said:

I was talking about ordinary infra-red, not Bluetooth magic remote.

Okay, thanks.  I'll try to track one down.  Appreciate the response.

24 minutes ago, nemilose said:

Yes, it should work. Remote from my LW4500 works ok on UH8500, instead of the magic remote.

Thanks again.  Let's hope so!

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I just bought the tv and  applied an update to the firmware.  I was experiencing quite a bit of lag in response time, so I figured I could try unpairing/re-pairing it to see if it worked.  Nope.  It never re-paired again.  So then i tried resetting the tv settings and ended at the same place you are at now.  If anyone knows of a solution that doesnt require me going out and purchasing a new remote, please let me know.   I'd prefer not to have to lug it back to the store... 

10 hours ago, joeshmo said:

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I just bought the tv and  applied an update to the firmware.  I was experiencing quite a bit of lag in response time, so I figured I could try unpairing/re-pairing it to see if it worked.  Nope.  It never re-paired again.  So then i tried resetting the tv settings and ended at the same place you are at now.  If anyone knows of a solution that doesnt require me going out and purchasing a new remote, please let me know.   I'd prefer not to have to lug it back to the store... 

They sent me a new magic remote, and still had the same issue.  I had an LG service rep come to my house and he was able to use a standard remote, similar to the LG AKB73975702 remote that I also went and purchased on Amazon.  Now the TV is working fine, although the bluetooth functions with the magic remote don't work, so I'm not using it.  I have a Harmony remote that we use primarily anyways, and we're using the old school LG remote for Smart TV functions.  I think the bluetooth functionality is something wrong with the TV itself, but I'm not in a hurry to take it off the wall mount and have them open it up.  Long story short, I'm going with the workaround.  Good luck, as I know it's frustrating.

I am late to the party. I have the same exact problem. I am in warranty and LG shipped me a new remote. I factory reset and was stuck not being able to configure the TV. Problem solved as I was able to use a standard usb mouse to get configured. Now I am using the iOS app. I have a service call scheduled for this coming Friday. Not excited about taking the tv off the mount. But I want my magic mite back. 

I think I'm having the same problem as Tom S. with by B6P, though after factory reset my TV would respond to the magic remote for a brief period...some of the time. After many restarts, I finally got through setup, and now I get the "Bluetooth service needs to be initialized." message every time I push the wheel/select button, so TV functionality seems severely limited.  I've ordered, and will try using, the AKB73975702 remote, and will post whether that worked for me too.

UPDATE: After some time (maybe six restarts), a message pops up saying that the magic remote has paired...and the TV seems to be back to full functionality for now. I'm sorry that the resolution seems so mysterious (not sure why it paired then and not any of the many previous attempts).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Does LF6300 series hase Bluetooth audio output

I am trying to connect my  Bluetooth headphones  i.e boat rokers600 and sony MDR650 with TV but My tv is unable to find this devices.   I need to know weather tv has Bluetooth function and if yes than which device are will work with TV

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• LG's new TVs will support Apple's AirPlay 2 and HomeKit

There’s a trend here. After Samsung and Vizio, LG is also adding support for Apple’s ecosystem to its TV operating system webOS. Specifically, people who buy an LG  TV in 2019 should be able to share content to their TVs using AirPlay 2. TVs will also be compatible with HomeKit, letting you create custom scenarios and control your TV using Siri. “Many of our customers may also happen to have Apple  devices,” Senior Director of Home Entertainment Product Marketing Tim Alessi said during the company’s CES press conference. “LG has been working with Apple as well to create a streamlined user experience. So I’m very pleased to announce today that we’re adding Apple AirPlay to our 2019 TVs.” If you have an iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can send video content to your TV using the AirPlay icon in your favorite video app. You can also mirror your display in case you want to show some non-video content. 2019 LG TVs also support AirPlay audio, which means that you can send music and podcasts on your TV, pair your TV with other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers. New LG TVs also support HomeKit. It means that you can add your TV to the Home app on your iOS device and Mac. After that, you can control basic TV features from the Home app. You can also assign Siri keywords so that you can manage your TV using Siri on your iOS device or HomePod. HomeKit support lets you create custom actions. For instance, you can say “Hey Siri, turn on the TV” and have Siri turn on the TV and dim your Philips Hue lights. Unlike Samsung, LG didn’t announce an iTunes app. So you can’t rent or buy movies and TV shows straight from your TV. Buying something from your phone and then using AirPlay is still a bit clunky. LG also said that 2019 TVs come with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support. But this is less surprising as you can find hundreds of devices that support those voice assistants. Finally, the company is adding a home dashboard to control a wide variety of home devices from your TV. Details are still thin on this feature. It’s unclear whether LG will roll out some of all of these software features to old TVs. Watching all TV manufacturers add AirPlay and HomeKit support one by one reminds me of the year TV manufacturers all announced native Netflix apps for their TV. It’s clear that Apple is following in Netflix’s footsteps and opening up. Apple has been working on a subscription-based streaming service for months. And the company wants to support as many devices as possible. CES 2019 LG Press Conference  

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• LG Shows off 8K OLED and Smarter 4K Sets for 2019

LG always makes a big splash at CES, and the first glimpse we've had of the 2019 lineup looks great. From the first 8K OLED TV to hit the market to smarter AI and across-the-board improvements, LG's TVs are looking especially good for 2019. LG Jumps to 8K The biggest announcement has to be the introduction of the 88-inch Z9 OLED 8K TV, the first OLED to come to market with the higher resolution standard. The sleek TV has an ultra slim design, eye-popping detail and impressive dynamic range. It's also the first 8K TV announced that will offer to perfect black levels and per-pixel lighting that makes OLED such an impressive display technology. During our hands on time with the new TV, we were impressed not only with the amazing clarity of the picture, but also the vibrant color and brightness. While LG declined to comment on peak brightness levels, it matched some of the brightest TVs we've seen, without sacrificing any of the detailed shadows or mid-range colors that might wash out on a lesser TV. The second is an 8K LCD set to 75-inch LG NanoCell 8K TV (75SM99), which uses LG's optimized LCD displays and NanoCell film filtering for premium TVs. Like the OLED model, it features incredible resolution, but the LCD display offers excellent brightness and color, two areas where LCD generally outperforms OLED. With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source. Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced. Smart TVs Get Smarter The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source. With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source. Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced. Smart TVs Get Smarter The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source. While the TV still primarily relies upon Google Assistant for content search and other capabilities, this does open up all of the functionality Amazon offers their customers, including exclusive skills such as Audible audiobook playback, listening to songs through Amazon music, travel booking through Kayak, and more. The smart TV software is also getting updated as LG rolls out webOS 4.5. The on-screen menu is getting an improvement, adding a second contextual row to the app menu that pops up when you select an app. In this second row, you'll see recently watched content, along with movie recommendations and trending content. Smart home enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that the new version of webOS also includes a feature called Home Dashboard. This dedicated tool lets you manage all of your connected home devices, from smart doorbells to thermostats, right from the TV. OLED and LCD TVs for 2019 LG's entire lineup is being updated for 2019 with new models coming this spring. Models announced include the premium LG OLED E9, entry level OLED C9, and an updated version of the super thin wallpaper TV the LG Signature W9 OLED. No prices have been announced, but we expect the TVs to begin rolling out this spring. (Though not yet announced, LG did tell us that the popular LG OLED B9 will be coming out later in 2019. No additional details were shared.) LG's LCD model line, previously known as Super UHD, is now known as NanoCell. The model line features the new webOS 4.5 platform, and many (though not all) models will include the new Alpha A9 Gen 2 processor, with all of its enhancements. Pricing details have not yet been announced, but the new models will arrive in stores sometime this spring. This write up is from https://www.tomsguide.com/us/lg-8k-oled-hands-on,review-6071.html LG CES 2019 Press Conference Video    

• HDMI ARC - Audio Out Not Working (Again)

I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.

• Question: User agreement Fail

I cannot connect to any apps until User Agreement has downloaded and Agreed To. The User Agreement will not download despite excellent wi fi reception.

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Similar Tagged Content

• By NikD63
      Is it possible to program the 4 color button on the Magic Remote? For example, I would like them to switch to apps like YouTube TV, Vudu, etc.? My remote has 2 buttons just above the color buttons which are pre-programmed for Netflix and Amazon. I want to use the color buttons for other apps. Anyone done this?

• By Vishwanath S
      I have a TV Lg49lh600t which was bought in 2006 and I was able to connect to any Bluetooth speakers including non lg speakers, but subsequent updates have left me with no option now, including sound sync is missing. How can I enable the Bluetooth feature now on my tv... please help how to get on to service menu and enable the same 
    • By Eduardo Andrés Muñoz Castro
      Hey everyone
      Im trying to conecto to my 55UJ7500 with WebOS 3.5 a pair of bluetooth 4.1 heaphones. My idea is have them playing the tv audio at the same time to use with a friend.
      Im able to connect both but only listen in one at the sane time.
      I dont know if there is any confuguration to do this or some other alternative
      Thanks =)
    • By DenisD
      I have a 43LJ5500 and want use headphones while watching the TV. There is no 3.5mm Port. I can get to the Sound Out menu but it won’t fine the LG Tone wireless headphones that I just bought for this purpose. Am I just missing something, or does this TV not support wireless headphones?