Quantcast

Browser update for LG smart tv

DaleeW

Question

We recently purchased an LG Oled TV:  OLED55B6P

We tried to access our photo library in Google Photos using the LG's web browser. We initially got access but after a few minutes we were kicked out and a message advised that we had to "Update the Browser" and links to the major browsers appeared. When we selected any of the browsers and attempted to upload a browser update we were informed by another message the this tv "Does not support downloads".  We can no longer open Google Photos.   Other sites seem to be accessible through the browser - the only one we can't access it seems - is Google Photos.

Questions:
1.  How do we update the LG's browser so that we can access Google Photos?

2.  Is there any other way to access Google Photos?

Our computer is an iMac and we have iPads and iPhones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I recently bought an LG 43UN7300 AUD to replace a failing plasma display in our kitchen. We also have a larger Sony smart tv in our living room. We are about to cut the chord with Directv. I have been trying for a couple of days to get our Amazon Prime video account to work on the new set. I have come to the conclusion that Amazon Prime requires a newer version of the Google Chrome browser than came with the tv and there is no way for we poor purchasers to update it. LG is about to announce the release of webOS 6 in their newest models and it is not yet clear whether they will upgrade those of us with "old" (< 2 months) sets. This kind of customer support is simply an unacceptable way to do business. I sure hope they fix what needs fixing!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ct3fq
      Hi List,
      Is it possible to run a script on power on TV? i.e.  We want that TV  stays in a site browser on power on.
      Any help would be appreciated
    • By João Inácio
      After a software update earlier this year (2022), the LG OLED55C1 TV web browser no longer correctly measures my internet speed. Before average normally. However, I believe the TV uses my Internet speed to the full because I can watch 4KHDR Streaming without any problem (Netflix, Prime Video). It's just the measurement in the web browser that shows grossly wrong results - My Internet contracted is 500Mbps and my TV's web browser measures 25Mbps (speedtest.net). The browser only measures the download speed wrong, the upload speed it measures right, as well as latency and ping.
      Several times I tried to report this problem to the local LG (Brazil), but they do not recognize the software error and only respond with irrelevant and useless information. There are several reports of this problem posted on the Internet, and even then, LG ignores the problem.
      Does anyone know how to contact the software development team at LG? I think they stay in Korea.
    • By BVinDR
      LG 43UQ7590 used as photo display. Put it into Hotel Mode and set IR Operation to Block All. This is to prevent the photo display from responding when I turn my main LG TV in the same room on and off. All OK. Then wanted to turn off Hotel Mode so entered the 1-1-0-5 sequence again. But did something wrong as now the Quick Access settings menu comes up. I can't exit that menu since the remote is blocked. Tried unplugging TV for a day - still the Quick Access menu comes up. Tried inserting a USB drive with updated firmware for the TV but can't select the Yes/No options to continue the update. Is my only hope getting a service remote? Thanks much.
    • By News Reporter
      More Than link hidden, please login to view Available to Play Instantly for New and Existing Owners of
      LG Smart TVs Operating webOS 5.0 or Higher in North America and Europe

SEOUL, Aug. 3, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is partnering with Google Stadia to offer three months of access1 to Stadia Pro for both new and existing LG Smart TV owners. This limited-time promotion is now available and applies to LG TVs2 operating webOS 5.0 or higher in the twenty-two countries3 where Stadia, Google’s cloud gaming platform, is now available.
      LG TV owners who claim their free Stadia Pro subscription gain instant access to more than fifty games, with new titles added every month and unique discounts on games and add-on content regularly offered. And with Stadia Pro enabling up to 4K HDR graphics, 60 FPS gameplay and immersive 5.1 surround sound, LG Smart TVs are the perfect choice for avid players seeking the ultimate gaming experience without purchasing an expensive console or gaming PC.
      The Stadia store also features over 250 popular games available to buy, including Cyberpunk 2077, Resident Evil Village, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Hitman 3, Baldur’s Gate 3 as well as access to a growing list of free games and demos, all playable with just a , no game downloads or installs required.
      Claiming this free Stadia Pro offer is quick and easy for LG Smart TV owners, who can just find and click on the Stadia Pro offer within the LG Content Store. There, LG Smart TV owners can scan a QR Code to begin the redemption process on their phone, using their unique code.4
      Already a favorite among gamers worldwide, LG OLED TVs, LG’s premium Smart TV offer, are the ideal choice for playing first person shooters, real-time strategy titles and racing games as they ensure immaculate HDR picture quality, deep blacks and precise colors courtesy of self-lit pixels. What’s more, LG OLED’s ultra-fast 0.1 millisecond response time and extremely low input lag without picture quality loss gives gamers the edge they need to win every time.
      # # #
      1 Offer available to new Stadia Pro subscribers. A valid form of payment is required to sign up, but you will not be charged during the first three months and you may cancel at any time – you must cancel before the three-month period expires or you will be charged for the fourth month. For how to manage your subscription, visit .
      2 Complete list of compatible TV models can be found .
      3 Google Stadia is currently available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and Hungary.
      4 Offer redeemable from August 3, 2022 to January 31, 2023. Deadline to claim this free Stadia Pro subscription offer varies by market. Terms and conditions apply. Consult LG’s official country website for details.

• By Tanni
      My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up. 
      I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc. 
      Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory? 
      My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly. 

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV. 
      Thanks