Quantcast

Random change from live TV to Youtube

Mike White

Question

I have 2 different LG Smart TV models.  Today for no apparent reason when I was watching local TV the units kept switching to YouTube.  I switched back to live TV and a few moments later YouTube popped back on.  Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? Needless to say, VERY ANNOYING!!!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have 2 different LG Smart TV models.  Today for no apparent reason when I was watching local TV the units kept switching to YouTube.  I switched back to live TV and a few moments later YouTube popped back on.  Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? Needless to say, VERY ANNOYING!!!

Probably someone next door has a lg tv and they are trying to control it from their phone and they have chosen the wrong one twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By News Reporter
      New Ergo Dual and Ergo Single Offer Easy Installation
      With Wider Range of Motion for All Professionals

SEOUL, Oct. 14, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) continues to push the boundaries of productivity, user-comfort and workspace flexibility in the modern era with its newest LG Ergo series of monitors. Perfect for home or office and anything in between, the LG Ergo Dual (model 27QP88D) and LG Ergo Single (model 32QP880) boast maximum adjustability, easy installation and exceptional IPS picture quality with QHD resolution (2560 x 1440).
      First unveiled a year ago, the LG Ergo series is designed to deliver a superior display experience with greater ergonomic comfort. The second generation models offer consumers even more value and versatility with improved height and swivel adjustability, making sharing the screen with others and working while standing easier than ever. Both new models continue to offer the same effortless ability as before to be set close to or far away from the user without having to adjust the mounting point. What’s more, the Ergo Dual offers a height-adjustable range of 150 millimeters while the Ergo Single travels 130 millimeters, with both able to rotate 335 degrees.
      With a wider range of movement, these monitors can better meet the individual preferences of every user. With a pair of 27-inch displays, the LG Ergo Dual can be set up in a variety of useful configurations including side-by-side in landscape orientation, one display in portrait and the other landscape, both stacked vertically or even facing opposite directions. The 32-inch display offered in the LG Ergo Single is ideal for users who prefer a large, seamless workspace.
      Both the dual and single models are now easier to install with articulated arms that attach securely without screws to desks and tabletops up to a maximum thickness of 75 millimeters. Requiring very little desktop space for a clean, uncluttered workspace, LG’s patent pending C-Clamp employs a slim, robust grommet allowing users to easily secure the stand on the edge of a desk or cable hole to get working (or playing) in no time. What’s more, both LG Ergo monitors can charge a laptop via the USB-C One Cable Solution while the Ergo Dual also allows displays to daisy chain via DisplayPort.*
      “The 2021 LG Ergo models are advanced workstation solutions designed to provide the ultimate in flexibility with all the display capabilities today’s advanced users demand,” said Jang Ik-hwan, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Both the Ergo Dual and Ergo Single offer next-level user convenience, premium IPS picture quality and an array of useful features consumers have come to expect from premium LG monitors.”
      The new LG Ergo series will begin rolling out in key markets worldwide beginning this month.
      Specifications:
      27QP88D 32QP880 Size/Ratio Screen Size 27-inch x 2 31.5-inch Resolution QHD (2560×1440) QHD (2560×1440) Graphics IPS Yes Yes Color Gamut sRGB 99% (Typ.) sRGB 99% (Typ.) Brightness (Typ.) 350nits 350nits HDR HDR10 HDR10 Color Calibrated Yes Yes Response Time 5ms (GtG on Faster setting) 5ms (GtG on Faster setting) AMD FreeSync Technology AMD FreeSync AMD FreeSync Design Screen 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design Stand Ergo Dual Stand Ergo Single Stand Extend / Retract 210mm
      Height 150mm Extend / Retract 210mm
      Height 130mm Swivel ±335° / Tilt -30° to +35° / Pivot / Tilt Adjustable /
      C-Clamp + Grommet
      Swivel ±335°/ Tilt ±25°/ Pivot / Tilt Adjustable /
      C-Clamp + Grommet
      Interface USB Type-C DP Alt. + Power Delivery
      65W + Data DP Alt. + Power Delivery
      96W + Data HDMI x1 x2 Display Port In x1 / Out x1 x1 USB 3.0 x2 Downstream x2 Downstream Power Adapter Adapter Sound Speaker – Stereo Speaker with MAXXAUDIO® (5Wx2) SW On Screen Control Yes Yes # # #
      *  Not compatible with Apple M1 devices.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Sam Athans
      Hi,
      I have just upgraded from an LG 06LF6300 TV to an LG OLED65C1PTB. On my old TV I could pause live TV for up to 90 minutes and replay at a later stage. 
      Can anyone advise if this feature is available on the LG OLED65C1PTB.
      Thanks 
      Sam
    • By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Oct. 12, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced its preliminary earnings results for the third quarter of 2021.
      LG reported tentative consolidated revenues of KRW 18.8 trillion, an increase of 22 percent from the same quarter the previous year and the highest quarterly revenue in the company’s history. In line with current accounting standards, LG will include a provision of approximately KRW 480 billion in the third quarter for the recall of the Chevy Bolt EV. Operating profit of KRW 540.7 billion is expected to be 49.6 percent lower than the third quarter a year ago after reflecting the recall provision.
      LG Electronics terminated its mobile phone business at the end of July and is treating the Mobile Communications Company’ performance as a discontinued operating loss. Earnings for the previous year and the same period the previous year have been restated for comparative purposes.
      These figures are the tentative consolidated earnings based on K-IFRS provided as a service to investors prior to LG Electronics’ final earnings results including net profit. Details regarding each division which will be announced officially later this month.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Doorway to Top-notch Programming with
      Intuitive Controls and Tailored Viewing Recommendations

SEOUL, Oct. 12, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) will substantially expand the availability of content streaming options for third-party TVs running its proprietary webOS platform. With the firmware update now rolling out, viewers with webOS TVs can enjoy an enriched viewing experience with even more popular services to choose from.1
      To expand access to its popular TV platform to more consumers worldwide and strengthen its presence in the TV industry, LG made its advanced webOS platform available to other TV brands starting this year. As both a manufacturer as well as an operating system developer, LG is now better able to deliver its vision for an easier, more streamlined content viewing experience to a wider audience.
      From September through the end of this year, support will be added for a number of premium content services, including Disney+, Vudu, Pandora, HBO Max and SLING TV.2 Disney+, which is quickly becoming a global favorite, will be available on TVs running webOS in every market where the service is currently offered.3
      Disney+ is packed with family-friendly content ranging from beloved classics to original feature-length films, shows and documentaries from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. Disney+ is the exclusive home of Marvel Studios’ critically and commercially acclaimed original series including WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki and its first animated series What If…?. Additional notable original programs on Disney+ this year include Billie Eilish’s cinematic concert experience Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles, Dug Days, a new series based on the 2009 Disney and Pixar hit film Up and the upcoming The Book of Boba Fett, a thrilling Star Wars adventure premiering on December 29.
      Customers of Vudu on webOS-powered TVs will be able to enjoy over 10,000 free feature films without a subscription, as well as rent or buy the latest movies and TV shows.4 Vudu’s early access to new movies allows the service to offer many titles in 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby image and audio enhancing technologies.
      And on most TVs running webOS, LG’s popular Magic Remote enhances the exceptional convenience and usability of LG’s platform. With its point-and-click interface and intuitive controls, the user friendly LG Magic Remote also offers integrated voice recognition for even more convenient usability.
      # # #
      1  Timing of firmware update varies by country and TV brand.
      2  Availability of channels to vary by region and country.
      3  Available in markets and regions including but not limited to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and Latin America.
      4  Available in the US.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By 4913
      Hi. I have two LG Smart TVs that were purchased in 2014 and have the YouTube apps pre-installed. I would really like to uninstall them if possible but despite searching everywhere online cannot find the answer. All of the current threads or videos refer to newer models where the screen layout is different with all the apps lined up at the bottom of the screen. My TVs have app ‘cards’ and I simply cannot edit card 1 which has the pre-installed apps on it. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, Nigel.
    • By Nyalisson Rodrigo
      All day long i had try to watch videos on YouTube App and I can't use the app.. i try others user and I can't use the youtube app at my LG Tv. On cellphone it's work normally
    • By ironmonkey
      After using this LG "Smart TV" for about 2 years now, i can honestly say that it is one of the worst products i have ever paid for.
      Constant and ongoing problems have long ago woken me up to the fact that i am never going to get what i paid for, or even enjoy using what is still being touted as a "Smart TV" even though after two years of disappointments though constant errors, freezing, crashing, lack of memory, lack of usable apps, lack of support (both through the product and through LG) Upgrades that dont actually upgrade anything and the ongoing lack of support for anything that is worth using through the Web Browser.
      The lastest downgrade for this TV is the lack of support for YouTube through the Web Browser. I have seen a message at the top of the page within YouTube for some months arning that LG will soon stop supporting YouTube though the Web Browser. A few weeks ago this happened literally over night. I turned my TV on and went to use YouTube only to find that it just did not load, when it does load, its is so bad that you simply can not use the site. I thought about this and why LG would do this and i honestly think that this is their attempt to fix the problem with LG TV's having so little onboard memory that their TV's can not and do not work properly while using the Web Browser for more than 20 minutes without a forced close down.
      So now they are forcing you to use the apps instead of the Web Browser and stopping support for anything that they can not monetarise through allowing the use of apps on their TV's. But the app is not stable and crashes or simply does not load, its quite ugly to use and not intuitive at all. But this is what we are now being forced to use.
      Its becomes painfully obvious very quickly that LG dont allow you to change the Web Browser that they choose, you can not download another, because they dont want you to do that and too be honest, there simply is not enough onboard memory to allow for choice.
      In conclusion, i will predict that its only a matter of time before they stop supporting the Web Browser all together and then they will have to take the word "Smart" out of all discription of their TV's.  

• By VEzVE
      LG55UG870 3D 4K TV, webos 2, tv software version 04.05.85, YouTube update on 16 March 2020 to app version 1.0.70 made it unusable as it just load black screen. 
      What is going on?