Quantcast

Hulu app on ny UH7700 sometimes hangs on startup...

Chuck_IV

Question

Sometimes when I start Hulu, it shows the logo but all I see is an infinite spinning wheel in the upper left corner. I have to turn the TV off, then back on and it usually works, but it is annoying.

I can tell within a couple seconds whether it is going to hang or not. When the spinning wheel appears, if it starts and continues spinning smoothly after a second or two, it is hung. If the wheel spins but hesitates as it is spinning, I know it is working right. Hulu is the only app that hangs like this. Netflix, Amazon and Vudu always work, when started.

Please look into this. I am on Web OS 3 (55in UH7700).

2 answers to this question

I am having the same issue with my Hulu app and I have the same tv.  It is very annoying.  Sometimes shutting the tv off and powering it up doesn't work either. I have to uninstall and reinstall for it to work.  If anyone has a solution to this issue please share.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Iliya Hristov
      Hi everyone,
      How to set a default app that will start automaticly when I turn on my LG tv ? 
      It is very important. 
      If there is no such feature how can I submit a request to be developed?

Best Regards,
      Iliya
    • By feaco
      I have a flash drive with photos from our trips and would like to know if I can change the startup screen on my LG smart TV to open to the flash drive as opposed to the TV screen.
    • By Rhazz
      Can someone help.. I just purchased a 55" LG tv and its so frustrating.  55UM69 model.  I have no set top box... I do streaming with YoutubeTV. I have the app installed but when the TV starts it will NOT restart using the last mode I used nor can I access the my app from the input buttons....  Every time I start my TV I get a poltergeist/all hash screen..  How on earth can I make this TV stop going to an input I dont have and/or automatically load up my YouTubeTV app uponn tv start.   With all the cord cutters why would they overlook this problem. Why can't I set the default startup mode or app??   Please help before I return this TV as I can't be dealing with this every day.
    • By boggy
      I have LG TV UF6800. TV is working well. The youtube app had worked well until a couple month ago. The yoyube hangs very often after playing advertisement. It also hangs after playing a long video (around 30 min). By "hangs" I mean it is still there, showing the youtube UI, but we cannot play any video. Just black, staying there forever.
      I am using wired network on the TV. 
      I tried updating app, nothing. I googled and tried unpluging power while watching...., no help. BTW the youtube (with the same user) works well on PC and iPad.
      If you think this is not LG's problem, please advise to whom I should contact.
      Bogang Tian
    • By Alley Cat
      I am currently using this TV only to view internet content.  I am using the built-in wifi and ethernet connections.  But the TV starts up into maximally loud static every time and I haven't found a way around this.  Just about anything else would be better.  It could autodetect and mute the static.  Or it could start into the Apps screen.  Or it could start into my preferred app.  Or it could just start into a blank screen.  Whatever.  Just not loud, loud static.
      I read someone was able to set parental controls to get rid of the cable channels so it didn't start into static but that didn't work for me -- I deleted and locked all static channels but it still starts up into one of them.
      I guess more people have had success giving it an HDMI input and setting that as default -- I can't find the menu item to do that, maybe I need to actually connect an HDMI input? I don't have one readily available.  It seems silly to spend money on an extra streaming box to mostly do things that are built into my $900 TV, because it was designed to blast static on my speakers every time it starts up.
      So -- are there any other possibilities to solve this problem? 
  • Similar Tagged Content