Quantcast

LG webOS 3.5, What's New Video

Alex

Find out what's new in the webOS 3.5. Now, all you have to do is relax as webOS 3.5 makes the TV experience simpler than before.

Set to be found across ‘LG’s entire lineup of premium TVs’, the latest webOS system - named  webOS 3.5 - will deliver a range of improvements taking in everything from enhanced remote control features to getting you closer (literally) to the action with improved zoom functionality.

Starting with the improvements made to LG’s Magic Remote handset, it will be possible to instantly access your favorite streaming service - such as Netflix or Amazon - by pressing a single assignable button on the remote.

LG has nipped in ahead of the official launch of the CES in Las Vegas to reveal details of the latest improvements it’s introducing to its much-lauded webOS smart TV interface.

Set to be found across ‘LG’s entire lineup of premium TVs’, the latest webOS system - named  webOS 3.5 - will deliver a range of improvements taking in everything from enhanced remote control features to getting you closer (literally) to the action with improved zoom functionality.

Starting with the improvements made to LG’s Magic Remote handset, it will be possible to instantly access your favorite streaming service - such as Netflix or Amazon - by pressing a single assignable button on the remote.

All premium 2017 LCD TVs, including the SJ95 series pictured here, will support webOS 3.5. (Pic: LG)

The new ‘Magic Link’ button will also streamline the process of accessing background information on what you’re watching, such as bios of the actors.

As for the improved Magic Zoom feature, this will let you not only zoom in on parts of the image with enhanced control and quality, but also let you record the enlarged image - a potentially handy way of solving household disputes over, say, just how bad a supposedly dangerous football tackle really was.

WebOS 3.5 also jumps aboard the VR bandwagon. If you connect a webOS 3.5 TV to a VR-capable computer or mobile device via USB cable, you can not only watch 360-degree VR content on your TV but also use the Magic Remote to move the scene in any direction and zoom in and out of the image using the handset’s handy scroll wheel.

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone know the most things we use on smart tv it's to watch movies or tv show. That's lead us to important thing which is the video player, the video player on smart tv not fully support subtitles, there's subtitles with tags and colors and fortunately lg video player not support it! As a user I want to change background color of the subtitle i want to change font, add shadow to it. to make subtitles clear to read as user i want all that give me that and I'll throw away all these features u mentioned and I'm will be grateful.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Harima
      I am wondering how can I get my lg SMART TV webOS 3.4 to connect with google home mini?
    • By Arun A
      Hotstar, Sun NXT, Zee5 apps not found on content store.  My model number is 43LF6300 and firmware version is 4.06.40.
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

• By Alex
      LG Ads, the company's advertising arm, has announced River OS which is a new Smart TV operating system built on ads and personalization. The first River OS-based Smart TVs will ship in late 2021.

LG River OS
      LG said that it has already lined up multiple OEM partners. The first River OS-powered Smart TVs will ship in India by the end of 2021, and in the US and elsewhere sometime in 2022. - "Our current OEM partners include LG, Sharp, Hisense, Toshiba, Seiki, Skyworth, Tivo, and Sling Media, with over 10 more OEMs committed to joining us in 2021," the company said.
      River OS will have a personalized home screen with content and ads tailored to the specific user through profiling. All device, input, channel, and app switching in the Smart TV is handled by River OS, which will also have deep integration of voice control. - "With streaming dominating viewing time today, it’s still too hard for people to find, discover and enjoy the programs they want to watch, across literally thousands of content sources available. River OS solves that challenge in an elegant way and delivers new, fully voice-controlled smart TV features that consumers will find innovative and essential. And we’re able to package ad-supported content in a way that allows our OEM partners to deliver a high-quality product at an affordable price point," said John Gee, chief business development officer for LG Ads.

The company's new alternative TV operating system was created by LG Ads Solutions, which is a partnership between LG and Alphonso. LG acquired a controlling stake in Alphonso in January 2021. - "Content partners and brand advertisers will have a rich array of interactive native ad formats, including home screen takeovers, for engaging consumers on the largest screen in the house. Native ads enable viewers to easily click through the ad units to trailers, videos, microsites, and other experiences," said LG Ads Solutions with reference to River OS-powered Smart TVs. Also read: LG's webOS 6.0 platform for 2021 TVs has a redesigned homescreen It is unclear what River OS means for the future of LG's webOS that has already taken a turn toward ads and personalization in version 6.0 that comes pre-installed on LG's 2021 LCD and OLED TVs. LG said that "major content streaming services and apps will be readily available on River OS-powered TVs", which could suggest that there is a link to webOS.
      Source: 
    • By News Reporter
      In this segment of On the Job, we take a look at the experts behind LG’s robotics team who are working on the next big idea to help make people’s lives and jobs safer and easier.

Dr. Baek Seung-min
      The pandemic has brought a new urgency to finding solutions to handle tasks that normally require human-to-human contact. In fact, the is reporting that sales of autonomous service robots in the logistics sector will increase by 30 percent annually from 2020 to 2023. To accelerate advanced research into service robots and boost LG’s competitiveness in related technologies, LG established the LG Boston Robotics Lab in United States last year.

LG’s family of including GuideBot, ServeBot, ChefBot and UV robot are ideal for providing a safer environment through contactless service in public spaces such as shopping malls, restaurants and hotels. Consumers who might normally be hesitant to interact with another human are more comfortable receiving help from a robot that doesn’t breathe.

When developing robots, one of LG’s key goals is to develop a product that can make life easier for consumers. “Service robots can help humans handle difficult, arduous tasks, freeing up consumers’ time to focus on more valuable tasks that matter and bringing increased convenience and comfort into our lives,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min, head of the Advanced Robotics Lab at LG Electronics.

To respond to the domestic growth of home shopping, LG developed and unveiled an indoor-outdoor service delivery robot at the in Korea. LG’s four-wheeled indoor-outdoor delivery robot boasts enhanced mobility, adapting to various types of terrain by automatically adjusting the distance between its wheels and driving modes for optimal performance, ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.

The challenges in developing a service robot for commercialization in diverse environments are vast.  For example, to move reliably at high speeds in real-life settings on all types of surfaces while avoiding various obstacles is no easy task. Curbs, for example, might be a minor inconvenience to people but can be quite difficult to overcome for a wheeled robot. Engineers conducted real-world tests with different variables from adjusting tire air pressure to changing thread patterns on the front and rear wheels, among others. Omni-wheels provided the best performance on both indoor and outdoor surfaces, enabling the robot to move both forward and backward as well as side to side.

“We expect to test-operate the delivery robot by the end of the year,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min. “When it reaches the stage of commercialization, we expect the robot to open the next chapter of logistics innovation.”

Akin to how computers and automobiles were implemented in industry and commerce before they made their way to consumers, service robots are following a similar path. Already widely found in industries, service robots are now entering the commercial phase. When consumers will be able to purchase a delivery robot of their own is still unknown but if LG has anything to say about it, it won’t be too far away.
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content

• By greggy101
      HI All!
      Just got myself  OLED65E7P and for the love of God I can't find Pandora app
      Could someone point me in the right direction, please. Thanks!
    • By Krash01
      Dear Readers,

I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.
      I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.

If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.
      And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something on an old LP player) it happens random, but for example during a film, it is very annoying. It happens with YouTube, Netflix, DLNA streaming, external devices, so the content doesn't matter. I think I've tried everything. I tested it with different HDMI cables, optical cable, but still have the problem. I tested it with a sound bar as well, the problem is the same.
      When I play content from the receiver, there is no problem, the sound is wonderful, no popping. Also, the TVs speakers are okay.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, because the TV's sound is OK, the home theater's sound is OK, the problem only happens when I want to use the digital output of the TV (either HDMI ARC or Optical) with auto setting.
      I called LG as well, the rep. said the she will pass this info to the technical team.

Do you have any idea, that it can be solved, or I need to wait for a software update?
    • By Hunter_S
      I have a 55LJ550M (WebOS 3.5) TV, connected to an A/V Receiver via ARC.
      Per the online documentation, when the TV encounters AAC audio, it will transcode that audio to Dolby Digital for transmission over ARC. See:
      link hidden, please login to view However, the sound quality is very poor when this occurs. The sound is full of compression artifacts, and with some older A/V Receivers, this causes the sound to periodically cut-out.
      Some of the WebOS applications affected by this issue are YouTube (which mostly uses AAC audio), any Netflix stereo programming, and using the Music\Photo\Video app to play music or videos with AAC audio. To me, it makes the entire YouTube application unusable.
      Honestly, I'm surprised that WebOS doesn't just output PCM audio over ARC whenever it encounters AAC. This would make more sense, and it would require less processing power and sound much better. (I know that I can set the TV to output everything to PCM over ARC, but I do not want to lose DD 5.1 and DTS sound from other programming which works perfectly).
      Is this behavior a known WebOS 3.5 issue? I know that my unit is a one of the cheaper LG sets--it is possible that this particular set is just too under-powered to function as designed?

• By SteveK
      Hi, new user today with OLED65C7P. Streaming NETFLIX, Amazon, Sling TV and Tablo works great. 
      Question... when I turn TV on it comes on Live TV. Can I change that? No antenna or cable attached.

Steve