Quantcast

Can't add a new satellite in the list

pippo

Question

Hi people,

I bought a LG 49UH650V 49" 4k. Even though it is a very good quality TV, I'm struggling trying to sort out a problem that seems apparently easy to solve.

I'm italian and I live in the United Kingdom and I set up the TV to use it in the UK. I want to watch the italian tv as well which all the channels are on HotBird 13E. The tv has set by default Astra 28.2E satellite, only this one is listed. In the upper right corner there is a button with a plus symbol [+], I think this is for adding a new satellite, but it is not enabled, I'm not allowed to click on it. Very sad.

Does anybody know how to enable that button, please?

Many thanks

Bye.

Software Version 04.30.40

post-10671-0-63942300-1483153951_thumb.jpg

post-10671-0-70542000-1483153952_thumb.jpg

post-10671-0-54535700-1483154017_thumb.jpg

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

First reset your TV to initial settings by Going to Settings->General->Reset to Initial settings.

Then check for any new firmware update for your TV.. currently WebOS 5.30.10 is most current on my LG TV

Then select the Manual Tuning mode, select Satellite and you should be able to change the satellite or add/delete the ones listed.

Hope this helps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Timpa
      Hi!
      Please add a option to deavtivate scrolling wheel while using live playback.
      Flera gånger har jag råkat byta kanal när jag har kommit åt scrollhjulet när jag ska spola. Och då byter TVn kanal och allt är förlorat.
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s Labor Union Among NGOs Singled Out for Promoting UN’s Aims and Purposes

SEOUL, Jan. 18, 2022 — Unionized workers at LG Electronics (LG) in South Korea have been conferred special consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) for their efforts to prioritize ESG in the workplace. Being the first Korean labor union to be awarded such status with the UN is testament to the LG’s prioritization and continued dedication to union social responsibility (USR), a key component of the company’s commitment to ESG management.
      Consultative status is granted by ECOSOC upon recommendation by the Committee on NGOs, which is composed of 19 member states all who must demonstrate that their work has direct relevance to the aims and purposes of the United Nations. The recognition allows non-governmental organizations (NGOs) access to the many subsidiaries of the ECOSOC and the human rights expertise of the UN. Since the LG Electronics Union Social Responsibility Charter was introduced in 2010, LG assembly plant workers worldwide have signed on to the organization’s vision.
      While ESG evokes images of the environment and volunteerism in most people’s minds, how a company treats its employees, one of its most important stakeholder groups, is a critical component of an organization’s ESG performance. According to , companies that score high in employee satisfaction and their ability to attract good talent have significantly higher ESG scores than other organizations.
      “We are of course extremely proud of the recognition bestowed upon us by the UN for our efforts to fulfill our responsibilities to our members, society and the environment,” said Bae Sang-ho, the head of LG Electronics’ Union. “We are committed to leveraging this honor to encourage other unions to expand their own USR activities.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alley Cat
      I am currently using this TV only to view internet content.  I am using the built-in wifi and ethernet connections.  But the TV starts up into maximally loud static every time and I haven't found a way around this.  Just about anything else would be better.  It could autodetect and mute the static.  Or it could start into the Apps screen.  Or it could start into my preferred app.  Or it could just start into a blank screen.  Whatever.  Just not loud, loud static.
      I read someone was able to set parental controls to get rid of the cable channels so it didn't start into static but that didn't work for me -- I deleted and locked all static channels but it still starts up into one of them.
      I guess more people have had success giving it an HDMI input and setting that as default -- I can't find the menu item to do that, maybe I need to actually connect an HDMI input? I don't have one readily available.  It seems silly to spend money on an extra streaming box to mostly do things that are built into my $900 TV, because it was designed to blast static on my speakers every time it starts up.
      So -- are there any other possibilities to solve this problem? 
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By Brodomski
      Current version of webOS on 55” C1 OLED only allows HDMI1-4 or “Streaming Live TV & Content” to be used as the default input source. Why no apps like YouTube or Hulu?  If “Streaming Live TV & Content” option is selected as default input, a prompt to select a service is displayed and the only option is SlingTV. Why?  Sling is not the only streaming option. Many of the TV apps stream TV and content, why are they not available options?  Apps need to be available options for default input. 
  • Similar Tagged Content