Quantcast

WebOs should support exFAT

rbnaik

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most devices support FAT32 and exFAT as the major OSes( Windows,Linux,MacOSX) support them  almost as their native filesystem. Its strange to see LG TV support a proprietary and which is badly/not fully supported on all OSes: NTFS. This filesystem  (NTFS) should be the last to support on any other device thats not a Windows machine.

My problem: I use a macos and can not write on NTFS devices. If I wish to view a 4K movie (64GB) , I have to pay an additional 20-30$ for a software that allows my mac to write/format NTFS files to a usb stick. The free-open-source software ntfs-3g its not good enough because it takes about 3hours to write a 4k movie (64GB) on a USB3.0 (UltraFit).

Great TV LG, but thanks a lot (sarcastically) for  taking from me more money and time to write my wedding on a USB3.0 so that I can view it on the TV.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I switched for a 2015 Samsung LED to a OLED C8 & tried to use my USB drive which was formatted in exFat & had lots of video data on it & naturally didn't work. The drive was 8Gb & 2 formats were offered; exFat & NTFS. To my surprise, my C8 accepted NTFS. I really didn't think NTFS would work as it's a Microsoft file system & not as universal as exFat should be.

15 hours ago, GARoss said:

I switched for a 2015 Samsung LED to a OLED C8 & tried to use my USB drive which was formatted in exFat & had lots of video data on it & naturally didn't work. The drive was 8Gb & 2 formats were offered; exFat & NTFS. To my surprise, my C8 accepted NTFS. I really didn't think NTFS would work as it's a Microsoft file system & not as universal as exFat should be.

The NTFS HDD still support in old TV C7 but we would like web OS support more for exFAT

2 hours ago, Vietxitin said:

The NTFS HDD still support in old TV C7 but we would like web OS support more for exFAT

Absolutely! There's no reason not to & plenty why it should. NTFS is Microsoft & excludes many who use Mac, Linux, etc. That's why it surprised me that WebOS accepted NTFS. ExFat is universal. Make it happen WebOS! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mcored
      Yesterday, I connected my 2 TB external HDD formatted as exFAT to my 55" webOS TV to realise that it was not reading - turns out that the TV does not support exFAT. 
    • By News Reporter
      Owners of LG webOS 5.0 and Higher Smart TVs Can Now Experience Premium
      Gaming on State-of-the-Art Displays With No Downloading, Additional Hardware

SEOUL, Dec. 8, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the availability of Google’s cloud gaming service Stadia on its Smart TVs running webOS 5.0 and webOS 6.0 in twenty-two countries. Native support of Stadia gameplay on LG Smart TVs helps deliver instant access to high-end games with support for exceptional graphics and frame rates on cutting-edge displays.
      Available now to download on the LG Content Store in all 22 countries where Stadia is currently , the Stadia store features over 200 popular games such as Cyberpunk 2077, Resident Evil Village, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Hitman 3, Baldur’s Gate 3 as well as access to a growing list of free games and demos, all playable with just a , no downloading required. A subscription to Stadia Pro offers a growing library of 30+ games to claim and play, with new titles added every month and exclusive discounts on games and add-on content. And with Stadia’s support for up to 4K HDR graphics and 60 FPS gameplay plus immersive 5.1 surround sound, LG Smart TVs are the perfect choice for those seeking an advanced gaming experience without having to purchase a separate console or expensive gaming PC.*
      Among LG’s Smart TV lineup, LG OLED TVs offer an unparalleled gaming experience with Stadia. Already a favorite among gamers worldwide, LG OLED TVs are ideal for first person shooters, real-time strategies or racing games, ensuring immaculate HDR picture quality, deep blacks and precise colors thanks to LG OLED’s self-lit pixels. What’s more, LG OLED’s speedy 1ms response time and extremely low input lag without loss in picture quality gives players the edge they need to be victorious every time.
      # # #
      * 4K streaming and 5.1 surround sound available only to Stadia Pro subscribers. All new Stadia users can claim a one month trial subscription to Stadia Pro.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Leading the TV Gaming Experience With First Smart TV GeForce NOW App

SEOUL, Nov. 18, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced partnership with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW, the premier cloud game-streaming service, for LG TVs running webOS.1 Boasting large screen sizes, lifelike picture quality and high refresh rates, LG’s OLED TVs are a perfect match for GeForce NOW. Currently available on NVIDIA SHIELD, Windows PC, macOS, Chrome OS, Android and Safari browser for iPhone and iPad. GeForce NOW allows gamers to start playing on their LG TVs and continue on nearly any device they own.
      The app will be available in beta starting this week in the LG Content Store on select 2021 LG 4K OLED, QNED Mini LED and NanoCell TV models in 80 markets.2 The app will enable LG TV owners with compatible TVs to instantly enjoy over 35 free-to-play games with just a compatible controller, no additional hardware required.
      Games include Rocket League and Destiny 2 plus hit titles such as Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and Crysis Remastered Trilogy, all playable at up to 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. GeForce NOW Priority members get access to the most advanced platform for ray tracing and AI technologies, streaming from NVIDIA RTX-powered servers in data centers worldwide for the most responsive gameplay and gorgeous, high-quality graphics.
      The powerful combination of GeForce NOW and LG OLED TV will mean immersive gaming at its finest. LG OLED’s self-lit pixels ensure the most vibrant colors and deepest blacks to make in-game environments and characters more realistic than ever. LG TVs also deliver ultra-fast 1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag for smoother visuals, better control and a key advantage over the competition.
      “LG customers are expecting the best when it comes to gaming on a large screen,” said Lee Sang-woo, senior vice president of corporate business strategy at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “Partnering with NVIDIA to bring GeForce NOW to LG TV owners is a sign of our commitment to deliver the best gaming experience on LG TVs running webOS.”
      # # #
      1  Complete list of compatible TV models to be announced at a later date.
      2  NVIDIA GeForce NOW beta is fully functional with no restrictions in features or services.

• By News Reporter
      Subscribers Can Seamlessly Access Over 90 Million Songs, Thousands of
      Curated Playlists, Music Videos and Live Artist-Hosted Radio

SEOUL, Nov. 17, 2021 — Starting today, LG Electronics (LG) customers around the world will be able to enjoy Apple Music on their LG Smart TVs for the ultimate listening and entertainment experience.
      Now available in the LG Content Store for LG Smart TVs running webOS 4.0 and higher, the Apple Music app provides subscribers with access to over 90 million songs ad-free, over 30,000 expertly-curated playlists, music videos in 4K and the award-winning Apple Music Radio live streaming today’s hits, classics, and country. Apple Music on LG Smart TV also includes millions of tracks with time-synced lyrics, perfect for living room sing-alongs or parties. Subscribers can also access all the songs, albums, and playlists from their own music library on LG Smart TVs.
      LG Smart TVs owners will enjoy the seamless Apple Music experience they currently experience across all their devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, HomePod mini, PC, and Android, but with the visual big-screen immersiveness that LG TVs can deliver. Owners of LG Smart TVs can download Apple Music from the LG Content Store, sign in to an existing account with their Apple ID, or begin the subscription process right from their TV by trying Apple Music free for 3 months.
      # # #

• By Alex
      SEOUL, Oct. 29, 2021 — Starting this week, LG begins rolling out a feature update which will enable all LG 2020 and 2021 4K and 8K UHD Smart TV customers around the world to automatically be able to view movies and series on Prime Video in Filmmaker ModeTM, allowing them a viewing experience the way the content creators intended it.
      Filmmaker Mode was created by the UHD Alliance, comprised of the world’s leading consumer electronics manufacturers, film and television studios, content distributors and technology companies, seeking to ensure the best UHD viewing experiences. First unveiled in 2019 and featured in LG TVs in 2020, Filmmaker Mode was designed to preserve the visual intent of the content creator, bringing the home viewing experience as close as possible to that of an actual theatrical release.
      LG and Amazon now take that vision a step further with Prime Video content embedded with a signal that automatically triggers Filmmaker Mode on 4K and 8K UHD LG TV models running webOS 5.0 and webOS 6.0.1 This ability for compatible TVs to detect and adjust settings to Filmmaker Mode without the need for the viewer to change the setting manually is an industry first and paves the way for future TVs to better support streaming services without imposing additional steps on viewers.2
      While picture processing features such as motion smoothing and image sharpening are ideal for most forms of content including sports and TV shows, they can sometimes make feature films look a little too smooth and overly processed. Filmmaker Mode automatically turns off any picture processing settings that can make movies feel somewhat unnatural and cause them to display differently to how their directors would want while also maintaining the film’s original aspect ratio, colors and frame rate for a more authentic experience. Combined with the deepest blacks, enhanced contrast and vibrant colors of LG’s advanced TVs, viewers will get to experience unparalleled depth and realism through Prime Video’s vast selection of movies and series, including Amazon Originals such as , ,  and the highly anticipated upcoming series 
      link hidden, please login to view premiering November 19. One-click access to the Prime Video app is provided by the hot key on LG’s Magic Remote.3 In addition to stellar picture quality, LG’s UHD TVs including its stunning OLED TVs lineup, boast a range of features that further enhance the cinematic viewing experience. Dolby Vision™ IQ intelligently adjusts picture settings based on content genre and ambient light conditions, resulting in optimal image quality for every film and every environment. For superior sound, Dolby Atmos® enables detailed spatial surround that helps sweep viewers up in whatever they’re watching.