Quantcast

[pivotCE] News Crumbs – 13th JULY 2016

pivotCE

If you are worried that we’re running out of bread, don’t forget to donate to pivotCE. We needed to toast some buns for our barbeque, so let’s see what crumbs shake out.

• Old, but not stale: .
  • More time to tell your friends: (now in November). each? .
  • A passing mention:
  • And of course: . Wait! Only one is a webOS phone!
  • A breaking story: The USA Today app got fixed –
  • Finally, .

Related posts:

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Similar Topics

• By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
    • By Richard Stewart
      After I complete developing lg tv app,  how other man  test  app?
    • By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By Gopinath Sekar
      Hello,
      I have a 2 year old OLED55C9PTA. The current WebOS is at 6.0 while mine is still at 4.9.5-7. 

Are we getting the WebOS updates? Is there anyway that I can manually update it to the latest WebOS?
      Thanks!
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a Dolby Vision file encoded in MKV container format, the image is green/purple in colour. A quick googling says, this occurs due the default media player in WebOS not able to decode Dolby Vision MKV container files properly.
      When will this be fixed?
      Regards,
      Anish