Quantcast

Using ChanSort on LB Series ?

Couple days ago I changed the cable provider, have to perform new scanning of channels . All this went OK but I'm really annoyed of slow operation in sorting channels in the Program Manager ( TV 's 42LB671v , the latest official firmware 5.0.40 or something like that ) .

To speed thing up I try ChanSort (

link hidden, please login to view
) , copy channels on USB , sorting in ChanSort, return modified file via USB to the TV ....And.. Complete mess.. catastrophe, no more digital channels . I had to scan all over again . I try to put the original file back to TV but there no success,  I had to scan all over again.

Now read this article : seems to have some specific requirements when working with LG ...

Has anyone managed to work with ChanSort? to edit the channel list and return successfully to TV ( for LB series ) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

with the version of 2015-11-19 i successfully could sort all my DVB-S/C/T channels on my 49UF850V.

Don't know if this applies to your model, too. :mellow:

I do remember that I had to scan all frequencies again WITHOUT predefined channel-lists or localisation settings. After that I could edit, save and transfer data easily to TV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

• By Citron2010
      Hi,  I have an LG 43UN71006LB with OS v4.50.53 (latest)

I want to buy a TV for my mother who has dementia & poor eyesight.

She needs to be able to control the TV with Alexa - i.e. voice only without having to hold a button on a remote down.
      I thought I'd test this on my TV and it works very well.  I've even set "routines" on Alexa so that saying "Alexa, BBC 1" is a shortcut for "Alex, change the channel on LGTV to 101" etc.

But - it doesn't work for radio channels (channel 704 is BBC Radio 4):
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 101" - works perfectly (101 = BBC 1 - a TV channel)
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 705" - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

It basically won't work with any of the radio channels (700 to 790)
      Also tried:
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to BBC RADIO 4" - "hmm - I don't know that"
      "Alexa, play BBC Radio 4 on LGTV" - "I didn't find anything called LGTV that can play music"

I thought I'd try to change 704 to another channel outside of the 700 to 790 range but when I tried:
      "The programme number cannot be edited between programme 700 to 790"

I tried playing the Radio on the Alexa then using Sound Share to turn the TV into a Bluetooth speaker - this works really well - except that I can't turn Sound Share on using Alexa:

"Alexa, enable Sound Share on LGTV"  - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

Anyone have any ideas?  
    • By News Reporter
      With Advanced Technology and On-Trend Design, Company’s Expanded Range of
      Premium Built-in Kitchen Appliances Delivers an Elevated Culinary Lifestyle

SEOUL, Feb. 21, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to introduce a diverse range of luxurious built-in kitchen packages at the 2024 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), taking place in Las Vegas, USA, from February 27-29. Taking center stage, the company’s new Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series appliances – including the Combi Wall Oven, Double Wall Oven and Single Oven featuring cutting-edge Gourmet AI technology – boast sophisticated design and intelligent functionality.
      Bold Sophistication With New Transitional Built-in Kitchen Package
      The arrival of the new Transitional Series built-in kitchen package marks a significant expansion of the Signature Kitchen Suite lineup, which continues to set the standard for elegant simplicity, understated luxury and exceptional quality. Joining the existing Professional Series (Traditional) range, the Transitional Series has been created in response to consumers’ growing preference for transitional and contemporary kitchen design.
      Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series appliances feature satin stainless steel exteriors with an elegant, velvety matte finish that elevates the kitchen environment. Delivering a chic, minimalist appearance, Transitional Series appliances are equipped with slimmer handles than those found on Professional Series models. The design decision to move away from the use of conventional control knobs also contributes to a sleeker look.
      The Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series Built-in Kitchen Package on show at KBIS 2024 includes French-Door refrigerators, column refrigerators, column wine refrigerators, dishwashers, wall ovens and more. The breadth of the brand’s built-in offerings demonstrates a firm commitment to providing consumers with a wide range of premium products to help them complete their dream kitchen.
      Enhanced Cooking Experience With Advanced Gourmet AI Technology
      Debuting at this year’s exhibition, Signature Kitchen Suite’s Gourmet AI-equipped Wall Oven lineups deliver an enhanced culinary experience. The company’s innovative Gourmet AI technology is able to identify ingredients the user has on hand and can automatically suggest optimal recipes from 80 auto cook options. Thanks to the oven’s built-in high-definition camera, users can remotely monitor what they’re cooking via the ThinQ app. LG’s intelligent camera enables features such as time-lapse recording and the ability to capture photos and share them online. Additionally, the inclusion of ThinQ Care means users get to enjoy continuous feature upgrades throughout the life of their oven.
      Another high-performance Signature Kitchen Suite innovation, the Steam-Combi convection oven seamlessly integrates steam and convection cooking functionality for outstanding gourmet results. The Steam-Combi convection system ensures fast and even cooking, using the natural properties of steam to help maintain the taste, texture and appearance of food. Without requiring any preheating, the oven’s steam sous vide mode allows for the creation of delectable dishes that are moist and tender on the inside and crispy and flaky on the outside.
      What’s more, Transitional Series ovens boast LG’s distinctive and highly convenient InstaView window, enabling users to see inside without having to open the door.
      Wide Range of Premium Kitchen Lineups for Diverse Culinary Lifestyles and Spaces
      Other Signature Kitchen Suite innovations featured at KBIS 2024 include 48-inch panel ready kitchen appliances that can be color coordinated to match existing cabinetry, and a streamlined 36-inch French-Door refrigerator designed for smaller spaces. LG’s diverse range of ultra-premium built-in solutions offers each customer the opportunity to create a kitchen that truly embodies their personal style and meets the needs of their own unique culinary lifestyle.
      “Through the expansion of the Signature Kitchen Suite lineup with the new Transitional Series, and the introduction of Gourmet AI-equipped Wall Ovens, LG is strengthening its position in the luxury built-in market and reaffirming its technological and design leadership,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “We will continue to cater to consumers’ evolving tastes, providing a diverse range of ultra-premium built-in appliances offering the very best in performance, convenience and aesthetics.”
      Visitors to LG’s booth (West Hall #2343, Las Vegas Convention Center) at KBIS 2024 will have the opportunity to experience the full portfolio of LG’s premium kitchen solutions. For more information on Signature Kitchen Suite’s new Transitional Series wall oven lineups, visit
      link hidden, please login to view # # #

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Last week, LG headed to Munich, Germany, to take part in IAA Mobility 2023 – one of the world’s largest mobility events. Presenting at IAA Mobility for the first time, the company shared its vision for the in-vehicle experience of the future and proposed a highly advanced mobility ecosystem that will bring new value to the mobility industry and customers.

The nexus of LG’s auto-focused innovations, the LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company has built a solid reputation over its ten years of existence, making a name for itself in five key areas of vehicle-related technologies: head units, displays, connectivity, ADAS and software.
      The company is determined to improve the user experience in the vehicle space, and has the advantage of being able to draw on decades of insight from its consumer electronics businesses. LG is already enhancing the in-vehicle experience with breakthroughs including its digital cockpit technology, which boosts convenience and safety with its interactive displays and intuitive controls. The company is also promoting safety with in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) integrated features such as seamless smartphone connection and voice recognition; enabling drivers to use their devices without taking their eyes, or their focus, off the road.

To see what the future mobility experience envisioned by LG looks like, and explore the unprecedented level of personalization it is set to offer, check out the Mobility Labworks Series, accessible via LG’s official website and social media channels.
      Themed Experience Future Mobility Your Way, LG’s Mobility Labworks Series introduces a range of cutting-edge technology concepts with the potential to reshape the way people experience travel. The series includes two distinct digital cockpit concepts – Alpha and Beta, along with three display kiosk concepts – Min & Max Display, Pop & Fold Display and Flex & Slide Display.

With the Min & Max Display, users get to adjust the size of the in-car display to suit their preferences. At any time, they can choose whether they want Minimum Display mode where essential driving information is provided, or Maximum display mode where full range of real-time information is available via a Pillar to Pillar P-OLED screen. Helping users make the most of their cabin space, the Pop & Fold Display only pops out when needed – storing neatly away for a more spacious interior when not in use. Lastly, the Flex & Slide Display offers increased flexibility as it can change its shape, curving and flexing to smoothly shift from a regular screen into a responsive touch interface.
      The Mobility Labworks Series highlights LG’s aim to provide innovative technologies, in collaboration with carmakers, that help create better customer experiences for end-users. A trusted partner to global automobile brands, LG continues to leverage its advanced technological capabilities to supply its customers with high-performance, reliable products – delivered on time and completed to the highest standard possible.

“In the rapidly evolving automotive industry, where the latest trends revolve around CASE, or ‘Connected, Autonomous, Shared and Electric,’ LG has been leading the vehicle components sector,” said Alexio Rhee, head of Sales and Marketing Division at the LG VS Company. “With a decade of experience under our belts, and a wealth of knowledge and customer insight brought over from our diverse consumer electronics businesses, we have what it takes to drive future mobility innovation to a very exciting place, as demonstrated in our Mobility Labworks Series.”
      To learn more about the technologies presented in the Mobility Labworks Series, visit the
      link hidden, please login to view and . # # #