Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
This message will be removed once you have signed in.
What was the possible reason to implement the condition so there has to be at least 40 GB of free HD space to be able just to start the recording??
I made 2 partitions on my 160 GB hard disk - the first one of 40 GB assigned to Time Shift/Recording and the second one to store the movies - and now I cannot anymore start the immediate recording because it says 'There must be minimum 40 GB of free space to start the recording'!!
My question #01 is: Why in the h... would I've been forced to have the free space to store hours and hours of the recorded video if I want to record just a short TV show????
There, hovewer, is a (silly) workaround:
1. Just watch the show you want to record
2. After the show ends, rewind it back a few minutes before it began (Live Playback has obviously to be turned on)
3. Press RECORD and immediately after press STOP (and choose to save the content - that will save everything from the point where you rewound to present time)
4. Open Time Shift and start the newly recorded video
5. FF to the exact start of the show and press PAUSE
6. Use the mouse to press the arrow to open some additional commands and choose Save Selection (the in-point will be marked with A)
7. FF the video to the exact end of the show and press PAUSE
8. Press Save Selection one more time at the out-point to cut-out everything but the selected part of the video
This workaround allows you to 'record' even if you have less than 40 GB of free HD space, but that way the max. length of saved video is 1 h 30 min (because Live Playback saves only last one and a half hour).
My question #02 is: How it is supposed to fill the last 40 GB of the hard disk space if you can't even start the recording when you have 'only' 39.9 GB of free space????
The 1 h 30 min of Live recording can't 'eat' those 40 GB even if we are watching the maximum rate 1080i TV show so those 40 GB are not intended to be used by Live recorder. The only way to fill the last 40 GB of HD space seems to be in the case of recording for hours and hours!?