Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tulu

No Netflix App for LG 49UF7787

Question

Hello all,

I have just bought an LG 49UF7787 from Germany. After setting it up, the preinstalled Netflix app wanted me to update itself. It does not work without updating. When I try to update, it gives me "content not available" error. It is not even listed in the all apps section.

Is it something related to the TV itself or a general Netflix app problem on WebOS 2.0?

Thanks,

TU

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

5 answers to this question

Nope. No app for that model (I have the same, just 55"). It seems that there is no LG app for many LG tv's produced in 2015. According to some sources it may arrive by the end of march. Stupid LG, and stupid webos....

1 person likes this

I was using Netflix in 4K before last update where I went to reset TV to factory settings, after that I have same issue.

Official statement of LG Croatia is that Netflix is playing movies in only 30 FPS where my TV is running at 60 FPS.

I have 49UF8507 model.

1 person likes this

Nope. No app for that model (I have the same, just 55"). It seems that there is no LG app for many LG tv's produced in 2015. According to some sources it may arrive by the end of march. Stupid LG, and stupid webos....

It is a shame for LG to sell a smart TV without support to very basic and common apps like Netflix.

I was using Netflix in 4K before last update where I went to reset TV to factory settings, after that I have same issue.

Official statement of LG Croatia is that Netflix is playing movies in only 30 FPS where my TV is running at 60 FPS.

I have 49UF8507 model.

You know their argument (if we can call it an argument at all) is quite flawed. Your TV did not become 60FPS capable overnight. It had the same hardware before and after the firmware update. It's about something that LG have broken with their firmware on specific tv models without previously reconciling it with Netflix. So its now up to Netflix (or who ever is developing these apps) to develop the new app which can work under new conditions which were enforced by LG - the company which obviously does not give a rats ass about customer experience....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or its up to LG to fix what they have broken with new firmware update. I've seen cases on the net where Netflix app become available on some models after the firmware update...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk