Quantcast

No Netflix App for LG 49UF7787

Question

Hello all,

I have just bought an LG 49UF7787 from Germany. After setting it up, the preinstalled Netflix app wanted me to update itself. It does not work without updating. When I try to update, it gives me "content not available" error. It is not even listed in the all apps section.

Is it something related to the TV itself or a general Netflix app problem on WebOS 2.0?

Thanks,

TU

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Nope. No app for that model (I have the same, just 55"). It seems that there is no LG app for many LG tv's produced in 2015. According to some sources it may arrive by the end of march. Stupid LG, and

I was using Netflix in 4K before last update where I went to reset TV to factory settings, after that I have same issue.   Official statement of LG Croatia is that Netflix is playing movies in only

5 answers to this question

Nope. No app for that model (I have the same, just 55"). It seems that there is no LG app for many LG tv's produced in 2015. According to some sources it may arrive by the end of march. Stupid LG, and stupid webos....

It is a shame for LG to sell a smart TV without support to very basic and common apps like Netflix.

I was using Netflix in 4K before last update where I went to reset TV to factory settings, after that I have same issue.

Official statement of LG Croatia is that Netflix is playing movies in only 30 FPS where my TV is running at 60 FPS.

I have 49UF8507 model.

You know their argument (if we can call it an argument at all) is quite flawed. Your TV did not become 60FPS capable overnight. It had the same hardware before and after the firmware update. It's about something that LG have broken with their firmware on specific tv models without previously reconciling it with Netflix. So its now up to Netflix (or who ever is developing these apps) to develop the new app which can work under new conditions which were enforced by LG - the company which obviously does not give a rats ass about customer experience....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ahmad Baeisa
      I bought an lg pf50kg  smart projector and can't find netflix, youtube and no app store so i paid for a projector that should be smart and ended up having a normal one this is cheating lg .
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By Marko D
      Subtitles as well as all html elements beside video disappear on every website after 2 minutes. The only way to bring them back is to activate cursor with magic remote. This started happening around the beginning of July when new LG browser update rolled out. I managed to get around this by resetting TV to factory settings and evading browser update. This worked until 23rd of July when Web OS update came along . Thinking that problem might be solved i installed it. Turns out this update just integrated this browser error into the OS and now even after resetting to factory the problem cant be avoided. LG had just made the error which could be evaded by downgrading browser mandatory instead of fixing it. This is disgrace. If I had a company with 5 employees the update with error would have never entered circulation and even if it did I would not issue another update which would make error impossible to evade. LG has only billions of dollars and tens of thousands of employees and they do not notice such a major problem even after they have been informed by the users.
    • By Jonos1
      Anyone have a problem with this app running on LG 4K TV?
      iPlayer app constantly buffers or locks up
      I switch to NOW TV box (not app) & can watch  iPlayer without an issue.
      Also NETFLIX & other catch up apps  work without any buffering or locking.
      Interested to hear your thoughts....

• By dellleeds
      some times when i watch a movie that requires subtitles i get strange symbols on the screen or may be not symbols just a diffrent language ,,in the subtitles settings code page why is there no english language to set my subs to,,
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By NikolaZ
      Hi. 
      My 55 UH7707 received an SW update to version  05.50.06.  Here are the issues I have encountered:
      1. The whole user interface became really slow. 
      2. Also, what is most annoying, application updates are not installed, for example, NETFLIX has been impossible to update, being stuck in vicious circle,asking me to update the app, and then not being able to complete the installation of the update. 
      3. Wired connection was disabled, ethernet module was not detecting a cable. I had to do a hard reset to enable the ethernet, and reacquire wired connection to the internet 
    • By Petar
      I have LG Nano Cell smart TV. My native language is not supported in the languages for subtitles in Netflix. What is the easiest way to use external subtitles while watching Netflix.
    • By fli na
      Netflix app just disappear on LG smart Tv.... [LG] WebOS TV LH590V
    • By Nashbarry
      After switching to a new modem, the "Netflix" button on the LGSmartTV remote will not connect to the app. (I cana get to Netflix via the cable box app, on same TV, or even Apple TV, but not the easy LG remote button.  NO FAQ suggestions seem to fix it.   What to do?