Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vsen1407

FLASH PLAYER

Question

Can anyone tell me why i cant update flash player??
I bought this TV mainly for movie/football streaming and i cant even update Flash to watch

2 people like this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

17 answers to this question

wheres the flash player! or at least a new browser app like Firefox Chrome or Opera for WebOS

TOO SLOW LG GUYS!! TOO SLOW WHAT R U WAITING 4? a global complaint on a big profile hardware review site?

2 people like this

Can anyone tell me why i cant update flash player??

I bought this TV mainly for movie/football streaming and i cant even update Flash to watch

Can you give me a link where it says Flash was available or ever likely to be available on this TV?

These streams you are trying to illegally watch - have you approached the people who stream these to ask if they can stream in a format that you can watch on your TV - specifically bought to watch illegal streams?

Good luck with all of that.

Can anyone help. I can't get more4 catch up on my tv, when I try to watch it on the internet browser it says flash player plug in installation not supported on this device.

2 people like this

Can anyone help. I can't get more4 catch up on my tv, when I try to watch it on the internet browser it says flash player plug in installation not supported on this device.

1 person likes this

The browser sucks no need streaming to know that Bring us Firefox you lazy geeks or at Least HTML5 browser

1 person likes this

OMFG, I cant beleive that I did it again .. NO FLASH Enabled Browser.

Back in 2011 I bought 55 inch 3d led TV and suprise no flash player support for web browser.

Just bought another LG TV 49LF6300 and guess what NO FLASH SUPPORT STILL  ...!!!!!

For god sake LG get with the program..   Hello Flash only one of the webs largest technologies on most website etc etc.

I tried to return the TV to the retailer for refund but No Luck.    My house is full of LG Product. I will no longer by LG Products if this is the standard of there technology.

It is not hard to get an app made that supports flash browser for there web-os  on these tv's 

PEOPLE POWER  if everybody lodges a complaint and stops buying LG perhaps they might PULL their fingers out and do something about it.

Very Unhappy customer here .

3 people like this

I'm fully agreed on above comments. But no luck. No any support from LG team. Same issue with my LG web os TV. That is the deference between Samsung and LG. LG is far behind on technology.

What a f****** TV. Can't install falshplayer

2 people like this

Can you give me a link where it says Flash was available or ever likely to be available on this TV?

These streams you are trying to illegally watch - have you approached the people who stream these to ask if they can stream in a format that you can watch on your TV - specifically bought to watch illegal streams?

Good luck with all of that.

Seriously WHY do you automatically go to illegal watching situations??? I bought subscription to baseball & cannot watch due to flash plug-in problem. So I'm about to ask for help in here. So can some one please help me? Do I get preferential help if I'm not illegally watching baseball?

1 person likes this

lets go viral on this guys, then the lg guys wil do anything to support our claim..

let make a destructomercial on LGTV

or better a youtube video with this bugs

mocking the efficiency of our TVS

any blogger with the skills?

any other ideas?

Since LG has a good partnership with Google it would be great to see a desktop version of Chrome for these TVs

Hi,

I now sit with the same problem - kind of a let down!

Our local stations have made it easy for us to stream instead of running it through our old architecture...which is a first for SA, but i didn't think i would be challenged with such a stupid problem as flash...

Is there not webOS apps that can resolve web browser streaming? 

HHHEEEEELPPP!!

we are victims of lg. which does not update the TVs to buy them a new one. to hell with users is their thinking.

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Just buy an Android tv´from Sony or Sharp. On Android tv´s you can install anything you like. You can even install any browser you like.

1 person likes this

A VICTIM OF LG!!!

Don't get me wrong - LG is a great TV, and WebOS3 is a fast and convenient OS.

But NOT supporting Flash is a killer!

I spent a thousand dollars (thank goodness the space on the wall was too small for bigger TVs) to learn that I cannot watch my PAID subscription because of the lack of support for FLASH!

The bottom line: I would not buy any LG again, and I will strongly advise that people avoid it, since you (LG) intentionally restrict users from being free to fully enjoy it.

I would also advise users to stop caring about what or who is licensed or not. I have paid for hardware, I have paid for services, and I expect to get value for my money.

3 people like this

Hello,

is there news for a future porting of most famous browsers (Chrome, Firefox etc...) for webos 2.x/3.x? Or an ex novo webos browser with support for flash player.

Thanks in advance.

Gaetano. 

1 person likes this

Bemused myself as to why these TV's don't support flash player yet you can watch YouTube on the tv which uses flash player,explain that one LG...