Quantcast

Audio output device issue

davidrenji

Question

Hi all,

I have a 50LB6500-SF and I have an LG home theater connected using the optical port. I configured this with Simplink, So I can control the home theater with my tv magic remote control. In the audio setting I have the Audio Output as Optical, and it has been working great until last update. Now almost every hour, the Audio output changes to the TV Speakers by itself. So I have to go the audio out setting and changing it back to the Optical port, but then after a while it changes back to the TV Speakers and it's really annoying. I haven't changed anything, that's why I think is a bug that came with this update. Does anyone have this issue? Any idea of how to solve it? I tried removing and adding the home theater, but didn't fix the issue.

here are the more details about the tv:

LG 50LB6500-SF

Software version 05.00.45
webOS TV version 1.4.0-2513 (afro-ashley)

Thanks in advance!!!

22 answers to this question

I've been having the same thing happen. I'm using the ARC output but everything else is exactly the same.

I thought it just happened when the TV turned off, but the other day it happened right as I was watching it.

Agreed it seems to be a bug with the latest update, as it never happened before.

If LG doesn't fix this I'm likely going to go back to Samsung soon...annoying.

Exactly this is happening to me. I upgraded the firmware of the theater but didn't solve the issue. I thougth of dowgrading the tv webos software to the previous version, but haven't found a way to do it

I was about to send for repair, because it is out of warranty. Now I'll wait if there are any solution, since other people are experiencing the same problem. I've also tough of downgrading the firmware, will try. Thanks!

I was about to send for repair, because it is out of warranty. Now I'll wait if there are any solution, since other people are experiencing the same problem. I've also tough of downgrading the firmware, will try. Thanks!

If you find a way to downgrade the tv software, please let me know how.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I've found a post on a forum here in Brazil. A lot of people are experiecing the same issue. It is a firmware (05.00.35) issue. The new 05.00.50 solves it. Here is the link for the new firmware for manual instalation. At least for my 42LB6500 Brazilian TV:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

Hey guys! I've found a post on a forum here in Brazil. A lot of people are experiecing the same issue. It is a firmware (05.00.35) issue. The new 05.00.50 solves it. Here is the link for the new firmware for manual instalation. At least for my 42LB6500 Brazilian TV:

Thanks! Hopefuly I can find the new version for my tv.

Just installed the version 05.00.55 (corrected, not .50) from that link and it seems to be solved! My TV: LG WebOS 42LB6500. I think this firmware is multi language, since I can choose the language and region on settings. Maybe you guys can give it a try! Hope it helps!

Just installed the version 05.00.55 (corrected, not .50) from that link and it seems to be solved! My TV: LG WebOS 42LB6500. I think this firmware is multi language, since I can choose the language and region on settings. Maybe you guys can give it a try! Hope it helps!

How did you install it?

How did you install it?

1. Just format a USB falsh drive in FAT32.

2. Create a folder named: LG_DTV

3. Copy the firmware file inside the folder LG_DTV

4. Insert the USB on TV

5. Press install

6. Check on TV settings, general, about TV. You will see the firmware being installed, just like normal download over the internet.

7. When finished, turn off the TV and then turn it back on.

1. Just format a USB falsh drive in FAT32.

2. Create a folder named: LG_DTV

3. Copy the firmware file inside the folder LG_DTV

4. Insert the USB on TV

5. Press install

6. Check on TV settings, general, about TV. You will see the firmware being installed, just like normal download over the internet.

7. When finished, turn off the TV and then turn it back on.

Thank you very much! I installed that version (05.00.55) in my 50LB6500 (I'm from El Salvador, but I don't know what's the tv region).

I've had my tv on for a couple of hours and so far everything looks good. I'll post another update after more hours of use.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brendank
      I had an issue with powering on the tv in which pressing the lg power button on the first ocassion did not turn on my Oled C1 77 inch Tv.
      LG replaced the powerboard, however since the replacement I have an issue with intermittent audio dropouts via earc. 
      EARC has functioned previously on my Tv when connected to an Anthem 710 receiver and for a few months now on an Anthem AVM 70. 
      The set up has remained the same in terms of audio settings, passthough, match screen and sound set to bypass and I have tried multiple cables, switching the tv off, resetting earc, but I still have the issue. 

It is very odd that after a replacement power board I have this issue. It almost seems like a comparability issue between the new board and the existing components or something else is wrong with the TV.
      Any ideas?

• By AhmadEx98
      I am using LG TV(UT8050 4K ULTRA HD). Disney hotstar app is running horribly, it is lagging too much and background video auto play making it worse. Can we add an option in it to disable to background video play in next update of Disney hotstar app.
    • By AMK
      Since around 10 days, the iptv smarters pro on my lg smart tv, stopped displaying my xaccount details, i tried to remove the app and reinstalled it again, but i'm unable to add new user, though i have a newer lg smart tv, everything is working fine on it
      Tv model 55UJ630V-TA
      Sw version 06.10.50
    • By coltaz
      i currently have a LG oled55cx tv which has not got an audio out setting for bluetooth headphones + internal at the same time. the nearest option is bluetooth surround + internal but the sound on the headphones is very poor and distorted. i'm currently having to run a wire to my headphones if my wife is watching tv as well. are there any other brands or ranges out there which has a bluetooth headphone + internal sound out option. thanks.
    • By News Reporter
      LG TONE Free T90S With Dolby Atmos for All Content and Devices, Ergonomically
      Designed for a Near-Custom Fit

SEOUL, May. 16, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the company’s latest TONE Free T90S model to the global market, designed to offer impressive sound for a heightened listening experience. The new T90S earbuds are enhanced by pure graphene, boast an even more comfortable fit and possess a range of useful features essential for elevated on-the-go listening pleasure.
      Delivering an enriched audio experience with improved accuracy and clarity, the newest T90S earbuds use pure graphene for drivers, a departure from the conventional use of coated graphene. The lightweight and sustainable material is widely known for boosting performance and efficiency in advanced technologies such as semiconductors and solar cells. The use of pure graphene in LG’s latest earbuds reduces vibrations and allows users to revel in well-balanced and precise sound with powerful bass and enhanced mid- and high-range frequencies. The T90S earbuds are designed to take full advantage of graphene’s lightweight nature, ensuring a cozy fit that ensures comfort for prolonged listening.
      LG’s T90 TONE Free series continues to provide unmatched level of surround sound experience as the first Dolby Atmos earbuds to support Dolby Head Tracking across all content and devices. Dolby Head Tracking technology adapts audio based on users’ head movements, creating a dynamic sense of immersion that places listeners at the center. Whether listening to music, diving into a movie or series or engaging in all the action of a video game, the high-quality sound captivates users on smartphones, tablets or large-screen TVs.
      What’s new, T90S earbuds now support Dolby Head Tracking technology up to 24bit / 96kHz audio, allowing users to enjoy studio-level audio quality. The latest earbuds also offer added versatility with Dolby Atmos Optimizer, with optimized surround sound based on three adjustable levels that cater to users’ preferences.
      LG continues to present superior sound in partnership with Meridian Audio, featuring Meridian Headphone Spatial Processing (HSP), a specialized technology that delivers a clear center image, making listeners feel like they’re listening to a stereo sound system. In addition to natural, distortion-free sound, Meridian’s Perfect Balance technology allows T90S users to experience a consistent tonal balance despite the volume.
      Along with an elevated listening experience, LG TONE Free earbuds ensure hygiene is at the forefront with LG’s exclusive UVnano charging case, which uses ultraviolet light to effectively eliminate 99.9% of bacteria on the ear gels of the earbuds within just 10 minutes of the powered charging cycle.* T90S earbuds adopt medical-grade, hypoallergenic ear gels that absorb dust and prevent dirt from accumulating, effectively reducing skin irritations.
      Prioritizing user convenience with enhanced connectivity abilities, the LG T90S model enhances the versatile Plug & Wireless feature, a trait reserved only for LG TONE Free earbuds. With USB-C to AUX and USB-C to USB C cables included, the T90S charging case can be used a transmitter, enabling seamless Bluetooth connectivity between the earbuds and non-Bluetooth devices like in-flight entertainment systems, gym treadmills, hotel TVs and more.
      In addition to supporting Bluetooth codecs AAC and SBC for seamless connection with Apple and Android devices, the T90S is also compatible with the aptX Adaptive codec. With the LG TONE Free app, users can sync up to five external devices, eliminating the hassle of manually reconnecting when switching between devices. Moreover, the T90S supports multi-pairing, enabling users to connect to two source devices simultaneously.
      For flawless listening and call experiences no matter what is happening around the user, LG’s newest earbuds ensure optimal noise reduction with the company’s Adaptive Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology, adapting the T90S earbuds to surrounding noise levels in real time. What’s more, new ergonomically designed ear tips are designed to create a tighter seal and block more noise, while ensuring a stable fit which enables ANC to perform more effectively.
      The T90S earbuds deliver crystal-clear call quality, making it feel as if the caller is speaking right beside the user. LG has integrated a built-in three-microphone system and Voice Pickup Unit (VPU) to monitor background noise, pick up users’ voices and track jaw movements. T90S earbuds feature a new High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) microphone which further reduces ambient noise, while the earbuds leverage a new algorithm that isolates speech from background noise to optimize dialogue quality and reduce noise.
      LG has always been devoted to delivering a comfortable fit without compromising performance. In collaboration with South Korea’s POSTECH Ergonomic Design Technology Lab, the latest earbuds have been designed with ergonomic precision and consistent comfort. Extensive research on the human ear has been conducted to determine how to fit the earbuds securely while applying the least amount of pressure, enabling use in various situations such as at work or during an intense workout.
      LG’s newest TONE Free wireless earbuds T90S will be rolled out in major markets worldwide from May.
      # # #
      * UVnano is a compound word derived from the words UV and its unit nanometer. Independent testing shows UVnano charging case eliminates 99.9 percent of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumonia bacteria on earbuds within ten minutes of charging. The UV LED function works only when the charging case is connected to the power cable.