Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

davidrenji

Audio output device issue

Question

Hi all,

I have a 50LB6500-SF and I have an LG home theater connected using the optical port. I configured this with Simplink, So I can control the home theater with my tv magic remote control. In the audio setting I have the Audio Output as Optical, and it has been working great until last update. Now almost every hour, the Audio output changes to the TV Speakers by itself. So I have to go the audio out setting and changing it back to the Optical port, but then after a while it changes back to the TV Speakers and it's really annoying. I haven't changed anything, that's why I think is a bug that came with this update. Does anyone have this issue? Any idea of how to solve it? I tried removing and adding the home theater, but didn't fix the issue.

here are the more details about the tv:

LG 50LB6500-SF

Software version 05.00.45
webOS TV version 1.4.0-2513 (afro-ashley)

Thanks in advance!!!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

22 answers to this question

I've been having the same thing happen. I'm using the ARC output but everything else is exactly the same.

I thought it just happened when the TV turned off, but the other day it happened right as I was watching it.

Agreed it seems to be a bug with the latest update, as it never happened before.

If LG doesn't fix this I'm likely going to go back to Samsung soon...annoying.

WebOS is suck.  I think their good developers have left the company.  Not sure how other SmarTV but Visio is worse.  My FireTV Stick has more apps.

The solution I've found is to turn off the tv sound and simplynk options on the home theater box.... the competing settings between the television and the home theater system are causing the disruption. .. so let the tv control it all.

Thanks @Jecamacho, I'll check it out

I also updated the home theater drivers via the usb port... forgot to mention.

I'm having the exact same issue with a Sony sound bar. This only started happening since the last update.

1 person likes this

I also updated the home theater drivers via the usb port... forgot to mention.

So you mean you updated drivers on the stereo?  

Thanks.

Just make sure we are talking about the same home theater model... and you should be good to go.

I have another model, but I just upgrade the firmware. Hopefuly this solves the issue.

Hey guys! News about this issue? Random on-screen warnings that HDMI inputs are being inserted are appearing and ARC audio keeps disconnecting randomly. This sucks. Does that happens too with you? Could not fix with @Jecamacho solution. Thanks a lot!

Exactly this is happening to me. I upgraded the firmware of the theater but didn't solve the issue. I thougth of dowgrading the tv webos software to the previous version, but haven't found a way to do it

1 person likes this

Exactly this is happening to me. I upgraded the firmware of the theater but didn't solve the issue. I thougth of dowgrading the tv webos software to the previous version, but haven't found a way to do it

I was about to send for repair, because it is out of warranty. Now I'll wait if there are any solution, since other people are experiencing the same problem. I've also tough of downgrading the firmware, will try. Thanks!

I was about to send for repair, because it is out of warranty. Now I'll wait if there are any solution, since other people are experiencing the same problem. I've also tough of downgrading the firmware, will try. Thanks!

If you find a way to downgrade the tv software, please let me know how.

1 person likes this

Hey guys! I've found a post on a forum here in Brazil. A lot of people are experiecing the same issue. It is a firmware (05.00.35) issue. The new 05.00.50 solves it. Here is the link for the new firmware for manual instalation. At least for my 42LB6500 Brazilian TV: http://su.lge.com/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201512/starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2515-05.00.55-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

1 person likes this

I've been waiting experiencing the same problems. The OS keeps resetting to TV out. I also get random HDMI input notices. I'm in the U.S. not Brazil. I'll look for a firmware fix.

Hey guys! I've found a post on a forum here in Brazil. A lot of people are experiecing the same issue. It is a firmware (05.00.35) issue. The new 05.00.50 solves it. Here is the link for the new firmware for manual instalation. At least for my 42LB6500 Brazilian TV: http://su.lge.com/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201512/starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2515-05.00.55-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

Thanks! Hopefuly I can find the new version for my tv.

Just installed the version 05.00.55 (corrected, not .50) from that link and it seems to be solved! My TV: LG WebOS 42LB6500. I think this firmware is multi language, since I can choose the language and region on settings. Maybe you guys can give it a try! Hope it helps!

Just installed the version 05.00.55 (corrected, not .50) from that link and it seems to be solved! My TV: LG WebOS 42LB6500. I think this firmware is multi language, since I can choose the language and region on settings. Maybe you guys can give it a try! Hope it helps!

How did you install it?

How did you install it?

1. Just format a USB falsh drive in FAT32.

2. Create a folder named: LG_DTV

3. Copy the firmware file inside the folder LG_DTV

4. Insert the USB on TV

5. Press install

6. Check on TV settings, general, about TV. You will see the firmware being installed, just like normal download over the internet.

7. When finished, turn off the TV and then turn it back on.

1. Just format a USB falsh drive in FAT32.

2. Create a folder named: LG_DTV

3. Copy the firmware file inside the folder LG_DTV

4. Insert the USB on TV

5. Press install

6. Check on TV settings, general, about TV. You will see the firmware being installed, just like normal download over the internet.

7. When finished, turn off the TV and then turn it back on.

Thank you very much! I installed that version (05.00.55) in my 50LB6500 (I'm from El Salvador, but I don't know what's the tv region).

I've had my tv on for a couple of hours and so far everything looks good. I'll post another update after more hours of use.