Quantcast

Audio output device issue

davidrenji

Question

Hi all,

I have a 50LB6500-SF and I have an LG home theater connected using the optical port. I configured this with Simplink, So I can control the home theater with my tv magic remote control. In the audio setting I have the Audio Output as Optical, and it has been working great until last update. Now almost every hour, the Audio output changes to the TV Speakers by itself. So I have to go the audio out setting and changing it back to the Optical port, but then after a while it changes back to the TV Speakers and it's really annoying. I haven't changed anything, that's why I think is a bug that came with this update. Does anyone have this issue? Any idea of how to solve it? I tried removing and adding the home theater, but didn't fix the issue.

here are the more details about the tv:

LG 50LB6500-SF

Software version 05.00.45
webOS TV version 1.4.0-2513 (afro-ashley)

Thanks in advance!!!

I've been having the same thing happen. I'm using the ARC output but everything else is exactly the same.

I thought it just happened when the TV turned off, but the other day it happened right as I was watching it.

Agreed it seems to be a bug with the latest update, as it never happened before.

If LG doesn't fix this I'm likely going to go back to Samsung soon...annoying.

Exactly this is happening to me. I upgraded the firmware of the theater but didn't solve the issue. I thougth of dowgrading the tv webos software to the previous version, but haven't found a way to do it

I was about to send for repair, because it is out of warranty. Now I'll wait if there are any solution, since other people are experiencing the same problem. I've also tough of downgrading the firmware, will try. Thanks!

I was about to send for repair, because it is out of warranty. Now I'll wait if there are any solution, since other people are experiencing the same problem. I've also tough of downgrading the firmware, will try. Thanks!

If you find a way to downgrade the tv software, please let me know how.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I've found a post on a forum here in Brazil. A lot of people are experiecing the same issue. It is a firmware (05.00.35) issue. The new 05.00.50 solves it. Here is the link for the new firmware for manual instalation. At least for my 42LB6500 Brazilian TV:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

Hey guys! I've found a post on a forum here in Brazil. A lot of people are experiecing the same issue. It is a firmware (05.00.35) issue. The new 05.00.50 solves it. Here is the link for the new firmware for manual instalation. At least for my 42LB6500 Brazilian TV:

Thanks! Hopefuly I can find the new version for my tv.

Just installed the version 05.00.55 (corrected, not .50) from that link and it seems to be solved! My TV: LG WebOS 42LB6500. I think this firmware is multi language, since I can choose the language and region on settings. Maybe you guys can give it a try! Hope it helps!

How did you install it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By senecan
      Seeing this error when accessing the content store.
      Long story short, I'm able to watch netflix and various other streaming services but Disney+ went "weird" recently and would allow me to navigate to various shows but then always encounters a "problem".  I noticed Disney+ has a new app update on various Android devices I own so I figured it might need an update on my LG OLED 55E6V  too.  But the content store has been temporarily unavailable for 24 hours now.
      It's the first time I'm seeing this - anyone else? 
      I updated my email-based LG account and consented to some new terms and conditions in the hope it would make a difference but now I feel like I was mugged into that, all for nothing.  Meantime... no Disney+ and no way to check my LG WebOS apps are up to date (strongly suspect there might be a new Disney+ app).  The "Account Management" option on my TV results in a black screen and this just feels like things are unravelling.
      I have firmware 05.60.15 and no updates are available. 
    • By Phaedrus
      On an LG CX 55, two minutes into episode 4 -- "The Tomb" -- of the series Moon Knight on Disney+ there is a scene with statuettes in niches each lit by an oil lamp. As the flames flicker, dark blotches jump around some of the niche walls.
      These are certainly unintended artifacts.
      Can someone confirm wether this is a CX (only) issue?

• By News Reporter
      Named ‘Fitness Candy,’ New Company to Deliver Platform Providing Content,
      Services and Products for a Fitter, Healthier Life at Home

SEOUL, June 30, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) and SM Entertainment (SM), a leading entertainment group in South Korea, have launched Fitness Candy, a joint venture that will bring F.U.N – an acronym for First, Unique and New – user experiences to the fast-growing home fitness segment. LG and SM hold a 51 and 49 percent stake, respectively, in the company.
      At the official launch ceremony of Fitness Candy, held today in Seoul, Korea, both partners shared their vision for delivering new and differentiated home fitness experiences. Combining their expertise in innovative consumer technology and cutting-edge entertainment, LG and SM aim to create a comprehensive lifestyle platform – complete with content, services and related products – to help people address their health and fitness needs at home.
      LG will develop, operate and manage service platforms for Fitness Candy. As a global leader in user-friendly software and hardware solutions integrating advanced AI and data analysis capabilities, it will also be designing a new generation of home fitness devices prioritizing convenience, ease-of-use and F.U.N customer experiences. SM, which boasts a wide global fandom based on its diverse roster of talents, will contribute world-class content to encourage and challenge users of all fitness levels.
      Planning and producing home fitness-related content and devices, Fitness Candy will operate via a subscription service-based app. Set to be released in September, the app will be available for installation in various operating systems and devices such as smartphones and smart TVs, providing interactive, personalized services that collect data from smart bands, cameras and exercise devices.
      Fitness Candy provides content in six categories: strength training, core strengthening, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), dance, stretching and meditation. Content in each category will run for 10 to 40 minutes and will be updated weekly.
      In close collaboration with SM, Fitness Candy is focused on creating content, not only limited to home fitness, that users can easily watch and enjoy. Encompassed by its slogan “Beyond Fitness, Sweet Life,” the company plans to secure a wealth of content such as sports, variety shows and documentaries, as well as content that helps with healthy diets, rehabilitation and stress relief.
      The Fitness Candy platform will enable users to access a wide range of interactive fitness content featuring popular Korean celebrities, such as Fitness Candy ambassador and model , dancer , and actress . Various South Korean athletes, including triathlete , Taekwondo Olympic medalist , short track speed skater and former rugby player , actively participated in the content creation process, enabling the company to provide even more professional and entertaining content to users.
      The company aims to introduce a variety of new devices that can be linked to its app, allowing users to enjoy content more effectively. One of them is a device that can recognize and track users’ movements thanks to the inclusion of LG’s AI camera and IoT platform. Connecting wirelessly to the user’s TV, the device allows for two-way communication, creating the ideal setup for virtual one-on-one coaching sessions and for participating in live-streamed exercise classes.
      Fully utilizing LG’s innovative technologies such as AI, big data, motors and displays, the company also plans to develop products such as muscle strengthening devices, indoor bicycles and smart bands.
      “We will transform LG’s business paradigm from function-oriented home appliances into a customer experience-oriented company, transforming into a company that provides smart life solutions to deliver the best customer experience,” said William Cho, CEO of LG Electronics. “Through Fitness Candy, LG’s innovative technology and SM’s content creating capabilities will converge to create differentiated smart life solutions that provide never-before-seen customer experiences.”
      “The coming together of LG’s innovative technology and SM’s music, dance and various content that have paved the way for the future of K-pop is a great opportunity for the two companies to contribute to the global fitness and healthcare industry,” said Lee Sung-su, co-CEO of SM Entertainment. “Fitness Candy is a digital fitness content project that goes beyond simple diet experiences and, rather, empowers users to rediscover healthy fitness habits.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      First in the World to Receive ISO 13849-1 Certification for Mobile Service Robots,
      LG Confirms Its Leadership in the Field of Robot Safety Technology

SEOUL, June 28, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) has again proven its technological capabilities and commitment to creating safe, new innovations for a better life, becoming the first company in the world to receive the ISO 13849-1 certification* for its safety controller module utilized in mobile service robots. The new certification applies to LG’s advanced safety controllers for robots and was issued by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), an international accredited registrar and classification body headquartered in Norway.
      LG’s newly developed safety controller for robots ensures the highest level of operational safety and reliability by actively managing robots’ settings, monitoring signals from robots’ sensors in real-time and providing protective deceleration or stop-control whenever any risk is detected.
      Composed of only one module, LG’s safety controller boasts a significant advantage over conventional controllers – it can be easily adapted according to the individual specifications of each robot, or to meet the unique requirements of each customer.
      Previously, manufacturers had to analyze and evaluate every single aspect of functional safety for each robot they produced, but this is no longer the case thanks to LG’s sophisticated controller. This is expected to help the company authenticate and launch new service robots, such as those from its well-known LG CLOi ServeBot and LG CLOI GuideBot series, more quickly than before.
      A leader in the fast-changing robotics industry, LG has accumulated a wealth of data and knowhow through many decades of tireless innovation. The company has introduced a wide variety of robot solutions optimized for settings such as hotels, hospitals and restaurants, and leveraging its diverse technological capabilities, including in the areas of autonomous driving systems, sensors, artificial intelligence and cameras.
      Recently, the company announced its full-fledged entry into the next-generation logistics robot market with the launch of LG CLOi CarryBot, developed in collaboration with CJ Logistics, one of South Korea’s largest parcel delivery firms.
      “As autonomous robots for both industry and consumer applications are becoming more common, the field of robot safety technology continues to grow in importance,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min, head of the Advanced Robotics Lab at LG Electronics. “We are leading the way in this critical area, leaning on our considerable technological capabilities and real-world experience in applied robotics to provide the highest level of functional safety for the next-generation of autonomous robots.”
      # # #
      * An international standard for safety-related parts of machinery control systems as defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).

• By Vanilton Coelho
      Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
      WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.