Quantcast

60UF7300 --Unable to update the apps....Web OS version 4.20.46

Hi All,

I got a new TV few days back. 60UF7300.

When I launched netflix and youtube day before they requested for a update and after update they worked.

Yesterday, I tried updating HULU and I get a Network Error. Called customer care and They asked me to try factory reset.

After reset no apps work :(.

The Web OS version id 4.20.46.

Does anyone know what is the latest version for this TV.

Or How can I go to a working version of software?

Also is the WebOS software same for all models ?

I just got this TV and the smart part hasn't worked since delivery. I click on Netflix, for instance, and it waits for a couple seconds and then says "Network Error(2)" but the network is most certainly setup correctly. The only thing that works is the web browser. It sounds like the same problem you had. If you have any experience fixing it, please let me know. I'm running the same version 04.20.46.

I called CS and they said the problem was somehow related to Comcast. They're working on an update that should be done this week. I decided to set up a hotspot on my AT&T iPhone. I updated each app individually (I didn't see a way to update all) and then switched back to Comcast and it worked! Updates were probably <100 MB in total so it wasn't that bad...

Hi sumankantabathina,

you said you updated ur TV apps using USB tethering (not hotspot)...how did you use USB tethering to connect your TV with mobile data? 

I also tried usb tethering by connecting my smartphone with TV using usb cable and enabling usb tethering, but TV didnt identify any network. Hotspot doesnt works as its another wireless signal

Thanks

LG is aware that some users experienced difficulty accessing the LG Content Store between 12/30/2015 and 1/4/2016. After researching this, it was noticed that this issue appeared to be occurring on units utilizing Comcast as the ISP.  All access issues have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties accessing the Smart World/LG Content Store, we are here to help.

For additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-243-0000. We’ll be happy to help you with resolving this issue. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Miroslav Tuhársky
      Hello, I have LG OLED CX and recently the Youtube app has incorrect geographic data- CH. I am from Slovakia, the TV has never been to Switzerland. Nor physically, nor virtually (VPN). I am getting CH ads, which I dont mind so much, but I am afraid of possible in app geo restrictions.
      I already tried everything, even resetting the TV to default.  No other TV app is affected.
      Anybody please advise.

• By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?
    • By News Reporter
      From heart rate monitors in smartwatches to accelerometers and gyroscopes for measuring an athlete’s movement or swing, technology takes sports to a whole new level of precision. In the world of esports, advanced tech isn’t just something that’s good to have, it’s a necessity. And in this world, LG UltraGear hardware has developed a reputation as the best gear for victory.

According to , the gaming PC and monitor market expanded rapidly in 2020, reaching 55 million units sold for a year-on-year increase of 26.8 percent. And with more people than ever working and playing from home, demand for better PC hardware experienced huge growth with sales of LG’s gaming monitors more than tripling between 2019 and 2020.
      Let’s take a look at what sets LG UltraGear gaming monitors apart from the rest.

Compared to other panel technologies such as Twisted Nematic (TN) or Vertical Alignment (VA), LG’s In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel provides a wider viewing angle with minimal color distortion as well as a wide color gamut with excellent contrast. LG was the to introduce an IPS monitor with one millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time, a significant advantage over the 20-30 milliseconds of regular monitors. One millisecond means fewer distracting visual effects such as ghosting for a smoother, faster gaming experience. And with a refresh rate of up to 144Hz, ultra-high screen resolution and exceptionally lifelike picture quality, it’s easy to see why LG UltraGear has become an esport favorite.

Currently there are in the UltraGear monitor lineup including a new 32-inch (model 32GP850) featuring the advanced Nano IPS display technology. Later this year, LG will debut the industry’s first 34-inch monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC® ULTIMATE built-in for the highest level of compatibility with NVIDIA graphics cards.

LG makes a great effort to understand what gaming fans really want. One way is through the UltraGear Advisory Board, an online community of approximately 200 gamers from around the world managed by LG. Members of the board have a voice in developing new products, advising on both technical as well as design aspects.

And LG UltraGear gaming monitors are not only the ideal choice for a home gaming setup, it’s a brand in high demand by professionals who game for a living. LG is currently with Gen.G Esports, one of the top esports organizations, to support their League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK) team. Using LG UltraGear monitors, the team is already .

Built for a better gaming experience to deliver an edge over the competition, LG’s UltraGear gaming monitors have been the preferred gear for many gamers since its launch in 2018. So whether you’re a pro gamer or just a casual player, LG UltraGear can provide the right gear for the job to make the difference between victory and defeat.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a Dolby Vision file encoded in MKV container format, the image is green/purple in colour. A quick googling says, this occurs due the default media player in WebOS not able to decode Dolby Vision MKV container files properly.
      When will this be fixed?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By visioneer.one
      I have a 50NANO79SNA, built in 2020.   After ignoring the message for some time I finally decided to allow it to do an automatic firmware update.  Started the process then went to bed.
      In the morning the TV appeared to have hung up - it was turned on but had no picture, no audio and did not respond to the remote.  I turned the TV off using the manual power button then powered it back on... I got the LG power-on sound, but again no picture.  Powering it off then back on again resulted in no sound, no picture and a power light that flashes 3 times each time it turns on.  It does respond to the remote (for power on/off commands.)
      Is there a way to force-reload the firmware over USB if you don't have a picture?