Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

wally45

How to reset cable's card parental control PIN?

Question

Hi there,

I've got cable-TV decoded throw an inserted smartcard (CI+ Module). The card comes with a parental control pin activated, and I'm forced to insert it way too many times. In the card's documentation says that the TVs should have a many to remove the lock, however I can not find it in mine. This is NOT the webOS's built-in security PIN, that one is completely deactivated, and the input even looks different. Does anyone have any clue?

Model : 55LB630V

webOS: 04.32.20

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Control Image Rotation

I have a Synology Diskstation where I store all of my videos.  I recently received some phone videos taken in portrait mode which display on my PC or my Samsung 65" LED (via the Diskstation)  with a wide black bars on each side of the actual image.   When I try to display these videos on my LG OLED65C6P 65-inch Smart 4K UHD Curved OLED TV the images are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.  This allows the video to fill the screen (no black bars) but very difficult to watch unless you lay down on your side.  I have searched for a way to control screen orientation (portrait or landscape) on the LG TV but have yet to find a way to control it. Is there a TV setting that will allow me to view these videos properly?  

By JRB, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Audio Output to support USB Sound card such as XMos

webOS currently support audio output via Analog + spdif Optic While there are USB ports, but cannot support USB audio output, such as USB sound card like Xmos.  

By forests_gump, in LG webOS Wish List

• 0 replies
    • Question: No Universal Control option in device connector

Dears,  While trying to set up universal control for my surround sound (so I dont need the extra remote) I've been facing the following difficulty.   When I go through the steps in device connector I never get the option for set universal control. After simplink  (which is off) I just have the option "done" no next to set up manufacturer to control it via the "universal" remote function on my magic remote.   Device: Oled55c7v-z + magic remote Tried already: Factory reset, change service location, adding different devices (never does the option appear), hard power cycle, and disconnecting and connecting the devices.

By Erich Maritz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Cannot reset Parental Control Pin

I have contacted LG to see if I could reset the pin code. It was changed from the default over a year ago. I’m in the states, so the instruction included the channel up and down buttons on the remote.  We tried the following: 1) Channel up, channel up, channel down, channel up *the idea is to have a master pin code box open enter a code  (Didn’t work. No box opened) 2) Tried all of the following codes: 0000, 7777, 0313, 0323, 0325 (None worked) Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The model is 55UV8500 (2014) The software version is 05.05.45  

By Momz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 1 answer