Quantcast

Using LG Smart TV as web based systems monitor

Vytis Valentinavičius

Question

Hi,

We currently own 2 LG 42LB630V TV's and are using them to display live system monitoring data from production systems.

Unfortunately some WebOS features (like screen saver on browser app, or random TV shutdowns) are making things not as pleasant as we expected.

Are there any possibilities to re-flash operating system in this particular model?

Basically we require such functions from these TV's:

1. Display a webpage with JS without any interruption (our case: http://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1697-cant-get-screensaver-off/#entry2797)

2. Start up and shutdown on specified time (now the TV's start at 6:00 GMT, stop at 8:00 (for no apparent reason), and stop at 16:03 (intended to stop at this time) )

Now we have a Raspberry Pi connected via split HDMI cable, but this solution renders the monitors only 50% useful, since all display the same page. And no, we have no intent on buying another Raspberry :D If possible we would prefer to get rid of Raspberry at all.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By Harima
      I am wondering how can I get my lg SMART TV webOS 3.4 to connect with google home mini?
    • By Jonos1
      Anyone have a problem with this app running on LG 4K TV?
      iPlayer app constantly buffers or locks up
      I switch to NOW TV box (not app) & can watch  iPlayer without an issue.
      Also NETFLIX & other catch up apps  work without any buffering or locking.
      Interested to hear your thoughts....

• By Bob McLean
      How do I  pause live tv on lg oled tv,I have an external hdd but there isn't any button on the remote control to pause or rewind?