Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

revenant

wifi connected hard drive

Question

Hello,

I am new to this and would like a little help. I just bought my first telly (LG 49UB8500-ND). I love everything about this telly, I am only hoping to love it more.

My family is all Apple computers and iOS deices. However, my hard drives i reformatted to windows so that i can plug them into the telly (one 2TB and one 5TB). I have an apple base station extreme and the telly connects to it (as does any and all devices). I also have one of the hard drives plugged into it. I would like the telly to see the hard drive so that i can play movies that way instead of having to plug the hard drive in every time i want to play a movie or tv show.

is it possible?

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Auto/fix volume when syncing with Apple AirPods using webos 3.5

Hi guys!   I just spent a while figuring out how to properly sync my Apple AirPods with my LG OLED55B7 (webos 3.5, firmware 04.70.85). The headphones sync with the TV but I am not allowed to adjust the volume up/down with the magic remote while synced , however mute works.   Has anyone using AirPods found a good solution for this problem (meaning not syncing via AppleTV or a separate cast device)? I have read that LG may have limited the possibility to adjust certain bluetooth parameters on non-LG devices so it may be that I am out of luck, but I thought I would give it at try here before I give up.   Thanks for any helpful advice!   Per M

By Per M, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 1 answer
    • Apple TV support

I'd like to be able to control my AppleTV with my magic remote properly. The Magic remote does control certain features of  the box, it doesn't actively support any Apple product in the drop down list of manufacturers. Surely it can't be that hard to adopt full support, can it? This isn't some 3rd world company we're talking about, it's Apple for goodness sake.

By Art Imus, in LG webOS Wish List

• 1 reply
    • Who Bought a Fire Sale HP Touchpad?

Did you buy a Firesale HP Touchpad? Share the details... Thankfully, I was able to get one myself, but it took a few tries and ordering it on the HP Business site. By the time I checked all the retailer, they were gone! Snagged a 16GB for $99! I hope you grabbed one also...

By Alex, in HP TouchPad

• 21 replies
    • Question: Bought TV in China & moved, want to region switch but cannot

Hello I bought my TV this year in China and I've moved to HK where I can access Netflix & Youtube etc etc, however, I'm unable to change the region settings on my TV as it only allows me to select China under the country list. Is there anyway that I can update the OS manually in order to region switch as the China apps are very limited..   Thankss

By karen852, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • A failed 'iPhone killer' is Qualcomm's new weapon against Apple

The chipmaker owns several patents related to Palm and webOS, and is accusing the iPhone X of copying its user interface. The Palm Pre was one of many purported "iPhone killers" that never stuck. But it still has its fans.  Corinne Schulze/ CNET The legal battle between Apple and Qualcomm just went retro.   The same day that Apple filed a countersuit against Qualcomm, alleging that the chipmaker illegally used Apple battery management technology in Snapdragon processors that went into rival phones, Qualcomm filed three new complaints relating to 16 additional patents against Apple, including asking for the iPhone X to be banned.  But Qualcomm is bringing up a blast from the past in its complaint: the cult classic Palm Pre.  It turns out, Qualcomm in 2014 purchased several patents from Palm, including technology relating to its webOS operating system and user interface. While the Palm Pre, which debuted in 2009 as the purported "iPhone killer," never met the initial hype, Qualcomm is bringing it back as a weapon against Apple. Watch this: Qualcomm now seeks a ban on some Apple iPhone Xs 1:33  This is the latest wrinkle in the escalating fight between the two tech giants. Apple is one of the largest consumer technology companies in the world, with arguably the strongest brand in the industry, while Qualcomm is the world's largest supplier of mobile chips.  At the heart of this fight is a disagreement over how much Apple should pay Qualcomm for technology licenses. Apple believes the fee should be based on a percentage of the Qualcomm modem that goes into the iPhone, while the chipmaker believes the percentage should be based on the value of the entire phone.  Qualcomm alleges that the new iPhone X, which offers users the ability to bring up different windows of apps with a swipe, copies the interface used by the Pre. Qualcomm cites tech sites The Verge and TechCrunch's commentary that compares the iOS operating system to the Pre's "card-based multitasking system."  MORE APPLE VS. QUALCOMM Qualcomm seeks ban on sales of Intel-based iPhone X in US Apple fires back at Qualcomm in lawsuit over battery patents What the Apple-Qualcomm battle means for your next iPhone (FAQ) Other Palm patents involve the ability to autofocus the camera by touching the screen, a simplified single power button and the ability to answer a phone call with a text message. The fresh complaints support Qualcomm's argument that Apple uses more of its technology than just the modem and that other aspects of the iPhone are helped by Qualcomm innovations.  Qualcomm declined to comment beyond the filings.  An Apple spokesman declined to comment beyond its own countersuit. Palm has been on a curious journey to get to this point. The company was originally purchased by Hewlett-Packard, which failed to use webOS as a platform for its own consumer products. LG ended up with webOS as a platform for its televisions, while Chinese TV and phone maker TCL purchased the rights to use the Palm name. 

By Alex, in Palm Pre and Pre Plus

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Tobias Claren
      I use Enigma2 for watching TV, recording etc.
      Is WebOS an alternative?
      Enigma2 can:
      Unlimited number of simultaneous recordings.
      Streaming (Intranet and Internet)
      Softcam (for pay-TV card) <= Alternative: support for "Unicam" etc.
      NAS instead of USB HDD.
      Unencrypted recordings.
    • By Ken Kurgas
      Is there an app to put Kodi on my LG Smart TV?
      Can you please give us the Kodi app? 
    • By AbhishekX
      Hi,
      LG webOS also needs Flash Player Support  to Stream video content from any website. So that if some apps are not available then  one can visit the website and stream contents directly from the webOS browser.
      Thanks
    • By SimonHayterUK
      So, it's the year 2018 and all the documentation I have found online says that LG TV's USB storage are limited to a max capacity of 2TB... nowadays that's considered rather small in terms of PVR and play backing of HDR 10bit content.
      I've ordered a the LG 49sj800v which is due to be delivered in the next couple of weeks so I am in the process of preparing the hard drive ready for it, which I have a WD Red 6TB however after reading it seems to be limited to 2TB?! which surprises me because the TV even has a USB 3.0 port.
      It is from my understanding that FAT32 is limited to 2TB and NTFS is limited to 16TB which brings me to my question(s):
       Does the 2TB limitation still apply in WebOS 3.5? if the limitation does still apply is the limitation caused by Hardware or Software? If the limiation does still apply can you use multiple partitions or is the limitation  the entire drive?  
      PS. I plan to use NTFS.