Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Mike7869

LG 49" 4K WEBOS Sucks (Help Please)

Question

So i bought this 4k lg tv a few month ago for £1500 and since then it has been a pain changing HDMI takes for ever when chaning the volume up and down it takes for ever and ends up going to 100 volume or 0 I have had LG out 3 times for fix the issue they are now saying they can not fix the issue and will no longer be repairing it or even offering a replacment the only thing i can do is wait for an update.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am very shocked with how LG have dealt with this and really wish i had never gone down the lg route and just bought a sony.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I guess if your just using the TV, meaning you dont have a receiver, bluray, cablebox, roku, or apple tv, then yes .. I would return the TV and get something with a better OS.  WebOS, in its current state is leaking memory.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Volume question

why is the volume so low unless it is increased to 15+

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• PF50KS - CONTROL VOLUME OVER BLUETOOTH

Hi Guys, I now own a PF50KS (KS). Before I had an PG30JG which was connected to an Logitech Bluetooth adapter and I was able to control the sound volume over the LG remote. I tried to setup the PF50KS in the same way, with pressing the volume control buttons on the remote only a stop sign appears. Can anyone tell why this happens ? The WebOS version is the 3.11...., an update is not available for Germany. PLEASE help :) ! 

in LG webOS Smart Projector

• Question: Virtual HDMI ports

I have been thinking would it be possible to make a HDMI switch that connects to the TV (maybe via USB to control it), the TV knows it's a switch and add virtual HDMI's and by selecting one of the virtual HDMI's is tell the switch to select the correct port.

• HDMI ARC - Audio Out Not Working (Again)

I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: No Sound from HDMI Input

I have a LG OLED55C7T TV, with the latest software. I replaced my Topfield 2400 PVR (1080P) with a Beyonwiz U4 (2160P) on HDMI 1.  I get picture but could not get any sound to the TV via HDMI.  I tried both SD and HD channels. All show video, but no audio. I checked all volume and mute setting on the TV and on the Beyonwiz. I checked the TV firmware is the latest available release. I tried all of the HDMI inputs and 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. I tried other devices in these TV HDMI inputs and all worked properly (i.e. had sound). I re-flashed the U4 Firmware and went through the setup again. Still no change. I tried setting the TV to factory defaults and setting it up again, but still no sound. I connected an optical cable from the S/PDIF output to my amplifier and sound works. I tried plugging the U4 into another TV via HDMI and it works properly - both video and sound. But the combination of the U4 and the LG TV does not work. So, I'm convinced that its software or a setting on either device that is mismatched. The LG work perfectly with all other HDMI devices that I connected to it (BlueRay Player, Topfield PVR, Nexus Player, Canon 5dMk4 Camera) but I can't get it work with the Beyonwiz U4.  The U4 works fine via HDMI to another TV.  So why won't they work together?  What settings should I try changing?