Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

alamodein

Most of the mp4 files not playing

Question

Good Morning

In my LG 55UB085T, most of the mp4 videos not working

Its says Unrecognizable File format

However same files works on other old tv and players

Please help

2 answers to this question

Good Morning

In my LG 55UB085T, most of the mp4 videos not working

Its says Unrecognizable File format

However same files works on other old tv and players

Please help

On LB650V the # character in the name of the video file causes Unrecognizable File Format error so you can try renaming the files to see if it helps. If that doesn't help use MediaInfo to compare the video/audio formats inside the container with some file that works.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: files on USB device shown as ._xxx.jpg

To have a picture  show on my new LG OLED55B87LC I've connected an external USB 3.0 hard disk (formatted with MS-DOS FAT32 on my iMac) that I've filled with hundreds of pictures from my Fotos App.  But when I open this drive on the TV the jpg pictures (numbered 1.jpg to 999.jpg) show up as ._1.jpg to ._999.jpg. When I scroll down at the end the list then the real jpg`s appear. So it looks like there's a copy of each file on this drive starting with  ._  ?? And all of them can't be shown on the TV - they look faulty ?  I've tried out with another drive / USB stick - just the same problem. Does anyone experience the same problems ? Do USB devices have to be formatted in a special way ? Any idea how to solve this ? 

Ah - and beside this strange thing - is it normal that it last that long for the system of the TV to create all the thumbnail pictures to show on the TV ? When I scroll through a long list of pictures it lasts always a few seconds until the icons of the pictures really show the contents. This is really annoying because it makes the feature useless if I need several minutes to find a picture I'm searching for. Why is it that slow ? Is the USB connection only with 2.0 Standard ? Or is it a performance problem of WebOS ?   

By rologoetz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 3 answers
    • Question: Point and click to play video for youtube app not working

I have purchased lg smart TV having webos in month of may. After updating YouTube app last week , selecting video with magic remote pointer and play video is stopped . I have to use navigation key to select video and play .  Please look into to it

By Shekhar Rajepandhare, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Please add some good apps for India

Please add some good apps for India

By anand shinde, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: No sound on live radio but good on youtube videos

C55ln5750 smart tv has ggod sound on youtube videos but zero sound on live radio via radio stafion direct, iheart, streems etc. . I also get out of memory while searching but I have no open apps. lG Canada “Support????” Claims there is not enough memory on-board to handle streaming radio broadcasts so how do they explain my ability to run YouTube videos with music and no drop in signal of video or audio? My iPad mini can broadvast the target station’s live programming with its limited memory and the tv can play movies with sound so what’s the problem with radio broadcasts?   Not Impressed st all!

By Bruce Barnden, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Some transporders are not working

Hello,  I have a problem with LG 50LF652V. After changing in the channel some of the transponders are not working. It says no signal. Rest is working OK. I tried to delete TP and create it again. But problem persists. Any ideas what could be the problem and how to solve it? I have not reset the whole settings to default, as it would be quite long process to tune all channels and sort them back.  thank you, regards, trezor

By trezor, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 3 answers