Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alex

LG smart WebOS TV sales surpass 1m mark

1 post in this topic

LG smart WebOS TV sales surpass 1m mark

LG Electronics, one of the largest manufacturers of consumer appliances in the world, said Sunday that sales of its latest smart WebOS TVs surpassed the 1 million mark, just three months after the product reached consumers.

The company said its latest smart TV sets are sold in 45 countries around the world, with sales in North and Latin America hitting 320,000 units. Sales in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States, or a bloc of former Soviet states, also reached 380,000 units, the company said.

The TVs that first reached the South Korean market in late February place the greatest importance on easy user experience to overcome the “excessively complicated” operating systems of existing smart TVs.

Streamlining the operating system also enhances the responsiveness and speed of LG’s WebOS vis-a-vis other products on the market, the electronics giant claimed.

LG said it aims to expand sales to 150 countries by the end of the year and wants to sell 10 million units by the first half of 2015. According to market researcher DisplaySearch, the world’s smart TV market reached 73.1 million units in 2013, with numbers likely to rise to over 83.2 million this year. (Yonhap)

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140601000259

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By ssr1415
      I like to play my photo as screen saver . How can I change my LG WebOS TV UH6030  screen saver. 

• By Rajeev
      I am having an updated WebOS for my LG 55" UHD SMART TV. I am having problem with my Media Library refresh. The SmartShare app on the TV keeps showing all the Videos/Movies which no longer exist on my network. When I use Device Connector however, and select only the Plex Media then I see the available Movies correctly.

How to refresh or clear the Media Library on the TV... any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
      Rajeev.
    • By Alex
      Published on Sep 2, 2014
      LG Smart+ TV - Making TV Simple again!

• By Alex
      John Lewis turns to LG for own-brand webOS smart TV, available next month.

John Lewis will be collaborating with LG on its own-brand smart TV using LG's webOS platform.
      The details are included in the John Lewis Spring 2014 Technology catalogue, revealing that there will be three sets with 49, 55 and 60-inch screen sizes available for the JL9000 Smart HD TV.

The design incorporates a 2.1 soundbar into the stand, so as well as delivering the visuals, it should sound pretty good too.
      But most of the interest will be around the new webOS interface. Launched by LG at CES 2014, it sees the return of the platform that gained followers across Palm/HP Pre mobile devices for a short time a few years back.

It promises to offer a more integrated user experience across your TV, pulling both live and on-demand content into the EPG, delivering all those connected services you expect from a smart TV.

John Lewis says you'll have BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Demand 5, Now TV, YouTube, Skype, Twitter and Facebook.

You'll also be able to control HDMI devices through the TV interface, although exactly how it will sit with your Sky EPG, for example, remains to be seen. The John Lewis TVs will come with a Magic Remote, which we'd imagine is very much the same as that from LG, allowing you to point and click through the tab-tabed UI, rather than being faced with endless menu scrolling.

Source: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/128621-john-lewis-turns-to-lg-for-own-brand-webos-smart-tv-available-next-month