Quantcast

Web browser is closing when playing HTML 5 video

Ionut H

Question

Hello,

I have a problem with my web browser. After 15 minutes of playing a HTML5 video it is closing and opening another background application. I have a LG 42LB65 smart tv.

I searched in the settings for some option that automatically closes the web browser if it thinks that it's in standby or something.

I didn't found any option. Also in the web browser settings there is nothing like this.

Did anyone else have this problem?

8 answers to this question

I think I found the issue.

When the HTML 5 video is finished or if the buffeting stopped and there is no more buffer to play the TV automatically closes the web browser app and opens a background application.

There is any setting that I can disable this? 

I updated the TV to version 3.23.24. It seems that bug was fixed but a new one appeared :).

Test case:

1. Open HTML 5 video

2. Press full screen from the video player.

3. The screen is black, fullscreen doesn't work.

The good thing is that I found a use case that somehow bypasses the problem :)

Before pressing fullscreen on the video player press fullscreen for the browser. If you first press fullscreen for the browser and then you press fullscreen in the video player it works.

Maybe someone is monitoring this forum and makes a list with the bug reports.

@getmealive: Tried to change the location to South Africa but I don't have it in my list. I live in Germany.

I tested the browser with HTML5Test and Peacekeeper by futuremark. The good news is that the 3.23.24 fw version browser scored 484 out of 555 points. The bad news is that Peacekeeper test crashed the browser at Web Works test. Therefore it is possible to have a critical bug related to web works inside the browser. I was able to replicate it every time. 

The Web Browser has a lot of problems. On some websites full screen still doesn't work for me.

I am waiting for new updates that will fix the problem.

WebOS looks really promising but for now there are a lot of bugs and I really hope that they will fix them to make the product more stable.

I updated the TV to version 3.23.24. It seems that bug was fixed but a new one appeared :).

Test case:

1. Open HTML 5 video

2. Press full screen from the video player.

3. The screen is black, fullscreen doesn't work.

The good thing is that I found a use case that somehow bypasses the problem :)

Before pressing fullscreen on the video player press fullscreen for the browser. If you first press fullscreen for the browser and then you press fullscreen in the video player it works.

Maybe someone is monitoring this forum and makes a list with the bug reports.

@getmealive: Tried to change the location to South Africa but I don't have it in my list. I live in Germany.

its so curious, I have the same issue with the browser, with the 4.00.13 FW, when it load all the stream, it closes and opens again...but trying with your solution for the new bug (full screen to the browser and then to the player) my browser doesn't close anymore. Thanks for share your experience.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.