Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

slee

picture in picture (pip) - feature request

18 posts in this topic

I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development.

I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?

5 people like this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Great feature request. LG will be updating webOS, so maybe!

2 people like this

Please put this fature on LB6500 , tv PIP on HDMI mode

1 person likes this

Same here, for LG42LB7200, TV PIP HDMI and other inputes.

2 people like this

Same here, for LG42LB671

1 person likes this

And it would also be nice to have a small TV screen on web browser which you can turn on/off and move around, it was a feature on the old OS, before webos

2 people like this

YES PLEASE!! :wub:

I think PIP feature will never be available due to hardware limitations. As far as I know for the PIP function to work 2 tuners are required.

The only think that can be possible is to have PIP from 2 different sources (e.g. one HDMI and one TV-cable).

I think PIP feature will never be available due to hardware limitations. As far as I know for the PIP function to work 2 tuners are required.

The only think that can be possible is to have PIP from 2 different sources (e.g. one HDMI and one TV-cable).

Right all samsung tv has PIP from tv on HDMI mode (even the low end 32F4300 has PIP), very useful when your are on PC mode.

7 years ago bought a LG plasma that had PIP (very good tv), and after that I've just bought samsung, now wanted to try again with LG, but I find that it has lost much rather than improved. 

For now WebOS is a very poor piece of software

That is the whole point, to use PIP with TV tuner and different source. I have external HDTV tuner and 3 other devices with which I would like to use PIP. I had it with my 6 years old Sony TV and it worked great. So, PIP is a great feature for all TVs

1 person likes this

Right all samsung tv has PIP from tv on HDMI mode (even the low end 32F4300 has PIP), very useful when your are on PC mode.

7 years ago bought a LG plasma that had PIP (very good tv), and after that I've just bought samsung, now wanted to try again with LG, but I find that it has lost much rather than improved. 

For now WebOS is a very poor piece of software

Yes, very useful feature and I hope that WebOS will develop fast so we can have new features and apps

it seems that webos is beta now, so many features are not complete. so regretful to buy LG with webos

WebOS is soooo bad choice, I really regretful after buying it? there's no record from HDMI, there's no PIP, there's no sync sound to smartphones,there's no apps, just a few that are weak. any plans to update ?

Has anyone heard any more on this topic. We just bought a LG tv and are very disappointed about not being able to keep watching tv with using the web browser. What is the point otherwise? I have to just go and get my laptop.

1 person likes this

Has anyone heard any more on this topic. We just bought a LG tv and are very disappointed about not being able to keep watching tv with using the web browser. What is the point otherwise? I have to just go and get my laptop.

Go and return your TV if you still can. I have bought LG 3 months ago and there hasn't been a significant improvement whatsoever. If you've just bought it return that shit and buy yourself a Samsung. It is to late for me sadly but you can still do it! :)

Hello great LG Team/Developers,

My LG 55UB850V is realy nice, but a TV PIP on HDMI mode would be very useful.

I am a software developer and do several things at the "same" time on the TV... like work, play games, just surfing on the internet (for work and/or private), or move files from one directory to another :D.

Videostream is nice but uncomfortable. So I hope you try to add this feature.

Best regards from germany :)

I think PiP would be a good feature! However, I want WebOS to stay easy and simple to use.

The question is: can it be added in a way that's easy to manage?  I think it might work.