Quantcast

LG Begins Roll Out of Impressive 2014 TV Lineup

Alex

Question

SEOUL, KOREA - LG Electronics (LG) today introduced its 2014 TV lineup in Korea, unveiling a total of 68 new models including ULTRA HD TVs in sizes ranging from 49 to 105 inches, its largest collection to date.

Among its new models is LG’s groundbreaking 105-inch Curved ULTRA HD TV in addition to its smaller 65-, 55- and 49-inch curved 4K units. As the first manufacturer to introduce an 84-inch ULTRA HD TV to the world in 2012, LG has consistently upped the ante with first-to-market ULTRA HD and OLED units. New for 2014 is LG’s webOS Smart TV platform, first unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in early January, which the company expects to set a new standard in the smart TV market for its openness and ease-of-use.

“We are extremely confident that our state-of-the-art ULTRA HD and OLED TV models will establish a new benchmark this year,” said Hyun-hwoi Ha, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “With our strong competitiveness in display technology including ULTRA IPS, CINEMA 3D and the unrivalled simplicity of the webOS Smart TV platform, we are optimistic that in 2014, LG will be the one to watch in the TV industry.”

link hidden, please login to view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4 answers to this question

Just got my hands on LG 42LB670V webOS TV here in Lithuania.

All I want to say now is that it's very laggy, glitchy, slow and not very user friendly. Basic Live TV menu is very non-user-friendly, it is much more straightforward on 2012-2014 Netcast TVs. Multitasking is pretty strange, although it works. LG Apps Store doesn't work now, although my Netcast app worked out of the box, so it's probably simulated somehow.

My advice - don't rush into buying it now, try it in the store first, you can get disappointed.

• Like 1

The begining of a new OS seem to be hard: no update scheddule, no compatibility information (the LG Magic remote don't work with recent models).

Please LG, bring the source code public, updates and fuctionalities will be much faster available !

Otherwise, give us informations about firmware releases.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Filip_IT
      Hello
      I have login issue on a brand new LG TV 55UR640S0ZD there I  want to create content with content manager and create Groups with Group Manager 2.0.
      I´m trying to login to Dashboard with chrome and Internet Explorer browser which is connected to wlan with IP address:
      link hidden, please login to view  Here it says to Input Password and I have tested
      admin
      Without success, what is the default password?  
      I have reset the TV from Hotell mode menu and ordinary Menu to factory default but does it exist any other way to reset TV?
      How can I get access to my TV?
      All help is appreciated
      BR. Filip

• By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
    • By Libbo2003
      Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
      the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to  channels 1 to5.
      the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
      is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
    • By News Reporter
    • By News Reporter
      Company’s Latest TVs Geared up With Luna, GeForce NOW at 4K for More
      Compelling, All-Around Cloud Gaming Experiences, Plus 2020 Models Now Streaming

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is demonstrating its strong commitment to delivering a premium TV gaming experience that offers enhanced convenience through the new webOS UI featuring a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of cloud gaming service Amazon Luna and buttery-smooth gameplay at 4K 60 FPS streaming via NVIDIA GeForce NOW on its latest TVs at CES 2023.
      Popular cloud gaming services, which can now be conveniently accessed from LG Game Card on webOS 2023, including simply via voice command*, offer avid and casual gamers alike numerous gaming titles from leading partners such as NVIDIA, Blacknut, Utomik and now Luna and Boosteroid, with no downloads or additional hardware needed. LG’s award-winning OLED TVs supply players with the smoothest gameplay courtesy of superior image quality, an ultra-fast 0.1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag, as well as a more personalized gaming experience through various customization features including Game Optimizer and genre-specific picture settings.
      Already available in FHD on 2021 and 2022 LG TVs running webOS 6.0 or above, GeForce NOW is now streaming on 2020 models, and will start streaming in 4K on select models later this year, LG TV owners being among the first to stream impressively smooth, highly immersive 4K gameplay at 60 FPS, on the big screen with just a compatible controller.
      GeForce NOW is NVIDIA’s open cloud gaming service that taps into the thriving PC gaming ecosystem by streaming with world-class NVIDIA GeForce RTX performance. Gamers can play their favorite PC titles already purchased from popular digital stores – including many of the most-played free-to-play games like Fortnite, Apex Legends and Destiny 2 – with and against millions of other PC players. GeForce Now Ultimate members will enjoy streaming at up to 4K resolution at 60 FPS on supported LG TVs, with ultra-low latency that rivals many local gaming experiences.
      Accessible from LG’s Game Card in the US, Amazon Luna is joining other cloud gaming services on the webOS Home Screen of LG’s latest TVs. A Luna subscription offers access to games for everyone, from AAA titles, retro-side scrollers, family games and more, and titles including Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Everspace and Team Sonic Racing, while the Prime Gaming channel gives Amazon Prime subscribers access to various exclusive and free-to-play titles each month.
      LG’s perfect-for-gaming OLED TVs will be on show at CES 2023 from January 5-8 in the company’s booth (#15501, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with every LG CES announcement, follow #LGCES2023 on social media.
      # # #
      * Voice command functionality varies by content provider and will be available by mid-year.