Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

Walmart has the HP Veer for $99.99!

HP Palm Veer 4G P160 GSM Phone, Black & White (Unlocked)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21281000?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem

Item Description

The HP Palm Veer 4G P160 GSM Phone lets you connect to your world on the go. This black HP GSM phone has built-in WiFi, which puts Internet connection conveniently at your fingertips. With a smooth 2.6" touch screen, you can navigate through menus and features easily. The HP Palm Veer P160 4g GSM Phone functions as an MP3 player and lets you use MP3 tracks as ringtones. With vibration alerts, this black HP GSM Phone will still keep you up-to-date even when you need to turn off sound. The GSM Phone makes communication easy with SMS and MMS features, e-mail access, instant messaging and predictive text. This HP Palm Veer P160 4g GSM Phone comes with a cSTN 256k color touch screen and an easy-to-use QWERTY keyboard.

HP Palm Veer 4G P160 GSM Phone (Unlocked):

Sound and Music:
  • MP3/eAAC+/WMA player
  • MP3/WAV ring tones
  • Vibration alerts
Mobile Features:
  • Bluetooth v.2.1 with A2DP
  • HSDPA: 14.4Mbps
  • HSUPA: 5.76Mbps
  • microUSB 2.0 port
  • WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n
  • HP webOS 2.1
  • 5 megapixel camera
  • Video capable
  • 800MHz Scorpion processor
  • Accelerometer, proximity
  • MIDP 2.1 Java
  • Browser: HTML, Adobe Flash
  • GPS with A-GPS support
  • AT&T dedicated apps
  • MP4/H.264/H.263 player
  • Document viewer
Technical Profile:
  • 84mm x 54.5mm x 15.1mm
  • Talk Time: Up to 5 h
  • Stand-by Time: Up to 300 h
  • Battery: Li-Ion 910mAh
Display:
  • cSTN 256k color touch screen
  • Resolution: 320 x 400
  • QWERTY keyboard
Messaging:
  • SMS and MMS
  • Email
  • Instant messaging
  • Predictive text

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Black Level

Hello,I have TV LG49 UK6200,I set in picture settings black level to LOW....I noticed,that when i turn on Netflix,or Youtube,or Miracast,black level switch  automatically to AUTOMATIC,which means HIGH option,,,can I report somewhere this bug ?

By paul781, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1 reply
    • LG INTRODUCES WORLD’S FIRST 8K OLED TV

First To Mass Produce Large Screen OLED TVs, LG Poised to Lead Market in Advanced Premium TV Technologies BERLIN, Aug. 29, 2018 — Already a leader in advancing TV innovation with its OLED TVs, LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the world’s first 8K (7680 x 4320) OLED TV. Previewed at IFA 2018, the 88-inch class 8K LG OLED TV features over 33 million self-emitting pixels to produce the unmatched contrast ratio and true blacks that define OLED TV’s iconic picture quality. With OLED TV shipments in the market expected to double in 2018 and reach over nine million units by 2022, LG will continue to increase the OLED share in its premium TV portfolio and drive large scale consumer adoption of OLED TVs. While the 8K TV market is still in its infancy, it is expected to grow to more than 5 million units by 2022, and LG is committed to leading the ultra-premium market with its 8K OLED TV technology. Despite advancements in LCD field, OLED has been often referred to as the “nextgeneration display technology” because it emits its own light, eliminating the need for any kind of backlighting. This allows for state-of-art TVs which redefine both the picture quality and the product design. Not only was LG able to pioneer such technologies, but it was also able to successfully market them. “LG’s first 8K OLED TV is the pinnacle of technological achievement and the next evolutionary step in display technology,” said Brian Kwon, president of LG Home Entertainment Company. “4K OLED played a major role in reshaping TV industry and LG is confident that 8K OLED will do the same.” LG introduced the 88" 8k OLED TV at CES 2018  

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 3 replies
    • Black Friday 2018 LG webOS TV Deals

Here in the US, the day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday and is traditionally the best shopping day of the year! You can find deals on just about anything but here at lgwebos.com, we are tracking specials on LG TVs.  The Target ad has leaked and on page two we have 43 and 49" sets with as much as $120 off! On page six we have a 55, 60, and 65 inch LG UHD Smart webOS TVs with as much as $250 off!   Check back for more Black Friday deals and post in this topic if you see some!

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 7 replies
    • Any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal to get LG TV

Its been a long while, i haven't got luck with LEDs TV online. Thou it's panick on offline shopping, but what are some cheesy places to get it.   [Thread]

By Henry Alonso, in The Lounge - Off Topic

• 2 replies
    • Question: Super slow internet (WiFi) when streaming

Hi, I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range. I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue? Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it?    Br, Nick

By NickL, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 5 answers
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ajmboy
      I think it's time that LG put webOS on a smart phone!  What does everyone think? webOS started on the Palm Pre and then HP bought Palm and came out with the Pre 2 and almost a Pre 3. There was also a Touchpad tablet and a full screen model phone that never came out because HP scrapped it all. They then sold off webOS to LG. So it seems natural that they come out with a webOS smart phone that integrated real well with their TVs, refrigerators, and whatever else webOS comes out on with maybe some backwards compatibility with Android apps would be my suggestion. Or maybe a webOS layer over Android? 
      Interesting read on wikipedia
      "webOS, also known as LG webOS or Open webOS, (previously known as HP webOS and Palm webOS)[2] is a Linux kernel-based multitasking operating system for smart devices such as smart TVs and it has been used as a mobile operating system. Initially developed by Palm, Inc. (which was acquired by Hewlett-Packard), HP made the platform open source, at which point it became Open webOS. The operating system was later sold to LG Electronics. In January 2014, Qualcomm announced that it had acquired technology patents from HP, which included all the webOS and Palm patents.
      Various versions of webOS have been featured on several devices since launching in 2009, including Pre, Pixi, and Veer smartphones, TouchPad tablet, LG's smart TVs since 2015, LG's smart refrigerators and smart projectors since 2017."

webOS Phone

HP Touchpad running webOS

• By Alex
      Hewlett-Packard (HP) reportedly will launch a US$99 tablet and will cooperate with Wal-Mart to sell the device in the US retail channel, targeting back-to-school demand, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

The US$99 tablet is manufactured by China-based BYD and is the second tablet that HP has outsourced to the China-based maker. The device adopts a 7-inch touch panel and Intel's Medfield-based single-core processor.

In early 2013, Acer released its 7-inch Iconia B1, priced at US$150, which was the cheapest 7-inch tablet at that time, and in mid-2013, Asustek Computer announced at Computex 2013 the MeMO Pad HD 7, using a solution from MediaTek with a price of US$129, dropping tablet pricing to a new level.

Some market watchers already forecast that a sub-US$100 tablet would appear in the third quarter at the soonest, and if HP decides to release the tablet, it could trigger other vendors to follow suit, the sources said.

This is the second time HP offered its tablet at US$99. In 2011, HP slashed its TouchPad's price from US$499 originally to US$99 to quickly clear out inventory due to weak demand. As a result, HP suffered great losses which impacted the device's manufacturer Inventec.
      After 18 months, HP has returned to the tablet market, but has chosen to cooperate with China-based BYD for its tablet devices. Although HP had many issues such as shipment quality, the US brand vendor continues to outsource its new products to the China-based maker, indicating that Taiwan makers are losing their advantages and seeing their influence in the IT market weakening as the IT market gradually becomes price-oriented.

However, some market watchers believe that HP's US$99 tablet may not be able to gain advantages in the market as the tablet will be selling mainly through specific retail channels, limiting its overall sales volume, while the tablet's Intel single-core processor specification, compared to other vendors' quad-core ARM-based processors, may pose difficulties to attract consumers.

Source Link: http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130724PD213.html
    • By Alex
      If you are on AT&T, T-Mobile, or other GSM carrier, you can still get that tiny little HP Veer over at Target for $114.99!

http://www.target.com/p/hp-veer-4g-p160-unlocked-cell-phone-for-gsm-compatible-white-black/-/A-14243236?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C14243236&CPNG=Electronics&kpid=14243236&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14243236&gclid=CKzOq5m9jLgCFYuf4AodTWAAOw

• By Alex
      I called HP small business shopping to check the order of my Touchpad and cancelled pre 2 phone, they told me that they have 15 or 16 of teh HP veers in stock, you have to call their toll free number.