Quantcast

PreCentral: Toggle the TouchPad's virtual keyboard in Xecutah

News Reporter

Xecutah keyboardXecutah is a great homebrew app by WebOS Internals (available in Preware or webOS Quick Install) that allows you to access the command line interface on your webOS device. However, there are times that you launch it on the TouchPad and the device's virtual keyboard does not automatically appear. Tapping on the screen doesn't help, so it seems as if the app is totally useless without any way to interact with it. Luckily, there is a very simple way to toggle the virtual keyboard by perform a three-figured tap on the screen. As soon as you tap the screen with three figures, the keyboard will appear. To dismiss the keyboard, you can do another three-figured tap on the screen or just press the .

mf.gif

a2t.imgZHJd6Soj6EE

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Guy Madison
      Where do I go about reporting issues with webOS? I contacted tech support but their best answer was unplug the TV and plug it back in, well that's not a real fix.
      I worked on Mac OS X for 15 years in the kernel and client layers and I have found a number of issues with webOS along with reproducible restart conditions. Ideally I would like to make it a better OS as it affects me directly as a user... and I tend to own products for a long time.

• By ljjones
      Of course PDF files can't be downloaded, but the WebOS version 4.4.0-9 browser can't even display them!  Previous versions of the bowser displayed them just fine.  Now I have a bunch of browser bookmarks that are useless.
      Also, there is no way to rearrange the bookmarks anymore.  So version 4 also killed bookmark management.
      And while I'm on a rant, I can no longer drag and drop text between tabs.  I have to write down or remember things like URLs and retype them into the new location.  That's something else that that got killed in the update.  I'm calling it a downgrade.  Can I go back?
    • By Packrat
      Hi,
      The SmartShare (on win10) using the Video Player work great!!! Thanks to the LG+WebOS team.
      Seems the Video player app doesn't support the full srt "standard".
      If there is better place to post or file bugreports please let me know.
      I was watching a mkv with a srt and that works great but it seems that some of the SRT codes are not implemented.
      Could support be added, or alternately just drop the codes so they don't show up on screen? ( Open curly "a" and a number and close curly bracket)
        {\a3} Details are below.
      Thanks
      Frank
      -------snip snip----------------
      WebOS: 05.10.25 (or tv fw?)
      TV: 65UM7300AUE NA model (please keep making real 4K IPS screens)
      SmartShare V2.3.1712.1201
      Reference for SRT codes:

link hidden, please login to view   {\a3} (indicates that the text should start appearing on line 3)
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Nov. 30, 2021 – As a longtime CES exhibitor, LG Electronics plans to create a new approach to engaging audiences to experience LG’s latest technology innovations at CES 2022.
      As always, CES represents the global launchpad for dozens of new LG products. At its traditional location – the 22,000-square-foot booth at the main entrance to the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center – LG will seamlessly connect visitors from the physical space to LG’s virtual experience leveraging both virtual and augmented reality. Constructed of upcycled, recycled and recyclable materials, the welcoming space will feature a series of kiosks where visitors can experience the best life possible with LG products.
      Visitors will take a self-guided tour using QR codes as they navigate through the physical experience, interacting with CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning LG consumer electronics and home appliance products via AR. Other kiosks will feature immersive VR digital art including LG’s immersive curved OLED video walls from CES over the years, a show favorite. Wherever they may be, audiences around the world will be able to access the same content and participate digitally in the LG CES experience.
      What’s more, LG has again been named official CES technology partner for the press rooms and member lounges, which will feature award-winning LG OLED TVs.
      “We look forward to seeing what LG, a long-time innovation leader at CES, has in store for visitors in January,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president of CES at the Consumer Technology Association, the organizer of CES. “CES 2022 will enable attendees in Las Vegas to experience LG’s technology using AR and VR. Audience joining CES digitally from across the globe will be able to experience the same ground breaking tech, through LG’s digital activation.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view