Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Galaxy S3 gets the cleanest Touchstone mod yet

Galaxy S3 gets the cleanest Touchstone mod yet

Previous efforts to modify Android devices to take advantage of the ever popular Touchstone charger have required at the very least a degree of patience and some non-standard supplies to make wireless charging happen. When Samsung introduced the Galaxy S III back in May, it was supposed to come with wireless charging, though they managed to not show off the wireless charger at the typically odd introduction event. Yet, here we are six months later without the wireless charger publicly available (that's the kind of launch schedule we expect from Palm).

Feeling left out of the three-year-old wireless charging party, Hong Kong-based eBay seller hkrc has taken matters into their own hands, and is now selling modified Galaxy S III back covers with the Touchstone inductive charging coil and appropriate contacts for the Android-based smartphone. The wireless charging backs are going for $28 a pop on eBay, a fair price for something that had to be manually assembled. As of this writing there's just one of the faux-metal dark blue covers available, as well as twenty four-white covers and twenty-six white covers paired with a Palm-brand charger, cable, and Touchstone charging puck for $55.

It's not quite as elegant as the Nexus 4 and its awkwardly-named Wireless Charging Orb, but if you're like us an have Touchstone chargers all over the place and happen to be rocking a Galaxy S III (not so much like us) this could be a useful purchase for you. That said, the Galaxy S III is still largely running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (Sprint was the first US carrier to roll out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the S III, and they did that just last week), while the Nexus 4 will launch with Android 4.2 and its Exhibition-like Daydream mode for the charging dock. When Android 4.2 and its Daydream feature might make it to the Galaxy S III is a big unknown. Or you can just be all boss stick with your aging Pre3 like us. At least until the Galaxy Nexus is running Open webOS at full power.

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgs_ok0wTRR-4

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: spacebar on wireless keyboard changes language

Hello Forum Friends   I have attached a wireless keyboard to my LG Smart Tv, and when I am in for instance in the web browser and typing something in the URL field each time I hit the spacebar it changes my language. I have english and danish as the two keyboard choices. I cannot not chose english, it is greyed out. So I cannot run just danish. However if I unmark the danish in chose keyboards in the settings menu and run just english keyboard, the spacebar still does not work. Anybody have a solution to fix this problem. I have looked in the webbrowser settings and of course the settings menu, to no avail. I have tried another wireless keyboard without luck.   Thankyou for your assistance.  

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: 4k 50hz devices displaying WASHED OUT COLOURS

After the latest 05.80.15 software update for my LG OLED55E7T (Australian model)... Any device I plug in via HDMI 2.0 that is 4K (2160p) 50hz gets washed out colours.  I have a set top box that is 4k 50hz and is getting washed out colours. I have an APPLE TV that when I set it to 4k 50hz it gets washed out colours.  HDMI true deep colour is turned on.  *Interesting note, when I set my set top box to 1080i/1080p mode, the colours are normal and vibrant.  I believe this has something to do with the BT.2020 colour space compatibility. Before the software update everything was working fine. 

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Smart apps required

Can we have following apps available to smart TV?   Hotstar Airtel tv  

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Reading exFAT formatted USB storage devices

Yesterday, I connected my 2 TB external HDD formatted as exFAT to my 55" webOS TV to realise that it was not reading - turns out that the TV does not support exFAT. 

in LG webOS Wish List

• Palm is Back with a New Palm Phone Companion

If you are webOS enthusiast, you remember Palm as the brand that brought you webOS 1.0 on a smart phone before it was sold to HP fro Touchpads and then LG for Smart TVs. Today, we have webOS off to LG and the Palm brand off to TCL Communications. We have been waiting to see what was to come with palm and today we have a new website that's up and a cool gadget, dubbed a "companion". Below is information from https://www.palm.com "We found partners who were as passionate about celebrating the choice to stay connected and be present with Palm, a vision that brings people out of technology and back into their lives. We’re working with TCL Communication to manufacture Palm and exclusively launching with Verizon Wireless in the United States, establishing the new ultra-mobile category." History of Palm Palm was one of the first companies to put mobile devices into consumers’ hands. Palm changed the mobile game when they introduced the popular PalmPilot in 1996—ushering in the handheld mobile era. Palm is back and ready to change the game again. The original PalmPilot made your computer mobile, now we’re making smartphones truly mobile again. We have embraced Palm’s innovative spirit and created a new ultra-mobile device that keeps you connected and present at the same time. The new Palm is an ultra-mobile product that’s about the size of a credit card with smart features and quick actions, so you can instantly access everything you need and nothing you don’t—even when your smartphone is nowhere to be seen. Palm syncs with your Android or iOS device so you’ll never miss a thing, even if your smartphone is at home.  Features Size of a Credit Card Syncs with Android and iOS Stunning HD Display Water and Dust Resistant Two Cameras 12MP and 8MP Runs on Android with Google Assistant Facial Recognition Gesture Pad Quick Actions   Specs Processor    Qualcomm® 435 processor. Octa-core CPU Display    3.3” HD Display - 445 ppi high pixel density LCD Glass    Impact resistant front and rear Corning Gorilla Glass Cameras    12MP rear camera with flash + 8MP front camera Construction    Crafted billet aluminum mid-frame Durability    IP68 water and dust resistant Memory    3 GB RAM / 32 GB Storage Battery    800mAh non-removable battery,All-day battery life*, 3+ day standby time Audio    Dual-purpose speaker Sensors    G-Sensor, Glonass GPS, Proximity, E-compass, Gyro Connectivity    4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2 low energy WLAN 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz) Non-removable nano SIM  OS    Android 8.1 Security    Face unlock Dimensions    50.6 x 96.6 x 7.4mm Weight    62.5 grams Colors    Available in titanium and gold Visit https://www.palm.com for more information  

in Palm Pre and Pre Plus