Quantcast

PreCentral: Whitman: HP's new smartphone won't come in 2013

News Reporter

Whitman: HP's new smartphone won't come in 2013

In her Fox Business Network interview last month HP CEO Meg Whitman

link hidden, please login to view
all the while inferring that said smartphone may already be in the pipeline. Despite - our beloved webOS - nobody assumed that HP would even conceive the thought of giving webOS another go after . Instead, the speculation instantly pointed to Microsoft's upcoming Windows Phone 8 operating system, a thought that makes a lot of since and . Then out of nowhere a GLBenchmark log containing hit the interwebs. Of course, those sorts of logs can be easily faked, but it certainly kicked into high gear the speculating about HP's supposed upcoming return to smartphones.

Fast forward to . During the meeting, Whitman reportedly admitted that her prior comments in regards to HP entering the smartphone market had created a bit of a ruckus. She then went on to state: "We don't have any plans to introduce a smartphone in 2013, but we've got to start thinking about what is our unique play, how do we capture this element of the personal computing market?"

So 2013 won't be the year of the return of the HP smartphone. It'll be the year that they think about the return of the HP smartphone. , and even in spite of , the company knows that mobile is going to have to be a part of their future. They even created a like tablets and smartphones ().

The mobile device market is rapidly growing. Things have advanced a long way , and there's no telling how far forward we'll have moved in mobility by the time 2014 hits and HP's maybe ready to put out a new smartphone. No matter what the operating system HP's new smartphone is destined to run, they'd be well adviced not to take too long before the market gets too far away from them. Also, you know, consider using webOS. of what path HP takes, might as well try a unique one (again). Nudge nudge, wink wink.

mf.gif

a2t.imgBMBDghvju8A

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ajmboy
      So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..

HP Touchpad

• By sadfsfdAszdFGAsdeF
      I was asked to integrate at LG, I got all the correct emails now it wont let me log in there or to my TV. What sort of back end is LG running

Seriously? What the hell?
    • By Will M
      For the past few years I have been using a 2nd generation Apple TV to watch YouTube videos on my LG Smart TV, however as of today Apple have disabled their YouTube app for this particular device.
      I presumed I would be able to use a YouTube app on my TV to continue watching videos in this way, after all has anyone ever heard of a Smart TV without a YouTube app? Since most new TVs are smart TVs these days most people I know have one and they all have the capability to play YouTube videos, usually you don't even have to download the app as it is one of the ones that comes pre-installed.
      However I cannot find a YouTube app in the LG content store. I've not really tried to install new apps on my TV since getting it so I don't know if I'm looking in the right place, or it is one of those things like with smartphones where there are multiple places you can go and download apps from.
      Bizarrely though, despite there being no YouTube app, there is a YouTube kids app, so it's not like LG have never heard of YouTube or anything, they just don't seem to have realised that people other than kids watch videos on it.
    • By Ehud
      Hi,
      I have an LG TV model 65UN711C0GA which i'm trying to download the LG Channels app but probably because of my location (Israel), i'm unable to find the app in the LG content store.
      I was told to change my location in the settings and so i did, but bedside Israel, PS and other countries, i don't have other alternatives. From what i saw in YouTube videos, i'm supposed to have the list of all countries but from some reason i don't.
      I have tried setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 but still without success.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks!
    • By Zipperhead
      I’m would like to know specifically what triggers the LG smart TV screensaver to come on.  There are multiple apps that while viewing media the Screensaver interrupts viewing.   One would think the tv detects a static image for a set number of seconds.  And also that number of seconds would be let’s say 60 or 120 or even possible be user adjustable.  But no settings exist and the attached video shows that it interrupts video viewing.   I guess they will not let me upload the video.  I guess evidently too incriminating.

IMG_6330.MOV