Quantcast

Ripples/waves in dark scenes

Hello,

I just got a new lg 55 inch uhd TV.  The picture quality in light scenes is great but in dark scenes there are waves/ripples almost like the picture is fragmenting.  It look like this m7nq3hooi2bv.png

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tronner
      I don't believe this is currently an option so forgive me if I'm wrong. But it we oukd be great to have an option to switch between bright room and dark room modes at a user specified time. My room is dark at night but fairly bright during the day. So, I'd love to have the option to switch modes at a defined time, much like a blue light filter on a phone. I want bright mode from 7am to 8pm and dark from 8pm to 7am, etc. 
      Aside from that I'd like to be able to turn the remote mouse off completely if desired. 

• By Anthony Vaccari
      Hi there to anyone who can help. I'm issuing problems with dark scenes with my LG 55uf770v and options screens showing up pixelated blacks. This happens through Netflix, ps4 Pro and skybox HD. I have tried all sorts from tampering with picture settings on all devices. I've had the TV for about 2 years and it's now out of warranty which is a bit of a stinger as it cost £980 at the time. Does anyone have a solution. 

• By News Reporter
      Developers, if you gather information about your install base for your apps you've likely run across Metrix, a project between Syntactix, one of our favorite developers, and webOSroundup. Following the announcement by webOSroundup earlier this month that they were going to be
      link hidden, please login to view, the decision to send Metrix offline was announced on Wednesday. The servers used to host Metrix cost around $250 per month, a high cost for a service provided free-of-charge to developers. Metrix is one of the most widely-used analytics tool by webOS app developers and for good reason - implementing the tool with your app is a breeze and you can be up and running in a matter of minutes. Syntactix also made the decision to open source the entire Metrix codebase - meaning the Mojo and Enyo libraries to interact with the Metrix servers, as well as the Metrix server-side code. As such, any developer with the desire to continue gathering analytics on their apps can do so with relative ease, so long as you have the means to use the code, which requires a Windows server among other things.
      For developers looking to keep a historical record of their apps, you've got limited time to act and it requires that you contact Syntactix. They can provide you with a CSV file containing all of your Metrix data. Do keep in mind that there is no way to import this data into Metrix with ease so that will all fall on you to either manually enter the data into your Metrix server or to build an import function; if you choose the latter it would be beneficial to contribute it back to the developer community.
      Metrix has had a good ride and we've learned a lot over the years from Metrix data, such as when  with Zhephree's foursquare app. We are saddened to see Metrix go though we can certainly understand why it must and we're grateful for the decision to open source the tool.

• By News Reporter
      If there's anybody close to as embarrassed as HP is by how things have gone with regards to the
      link hidden, please login to view, it's got to be the partners they dragged up on that stage at last year. One such partner was spending a good amount of time on stage talking about and demoing Time's new apps for the TouchPad. Shortly after launch, apps for Time Magazine, People, Sports Illustrated, and Fortune all landed in the App Catalog, bringing the full magazines and a suite of interactive content plus online subscription options to TouchPad owners. Fast forward seven months and things have changed, with Time giving warning that they're pulling the plug on all four of their TouchPad apps. That means that the Time Magazine, People, Sports Illustrated, and Fortune apps are all due to go dark. The end-of-days date for these apps? March 10, less than three weeks from today.
      Time plans to refund users for issues they won't be able to download, and we see no indication that Time's magazines won't be available through other channels (). For now the apps all work, but that won't be the case for long. We're guessing Time hasn't had the same uptake with their subscription service as . But that's okay, you'll still be able to use the Time app on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Bada. Wait, Bada? Really?