Quantcast

PreCentral: Time, Inc. officially calls it quits on TouchPad; Time, People, SI, and Fortune to go dark

News Reporter

Time, Inc. officially calls it quits on TouchPad

If there's anybody close to as embarrassed as HP is by how things have gone with regards to the , it's got to be the partners they dragged up on that stage at last year. One such partner was spending a good amount of time on stage talking about and demoing Time's new apps for the TouchPad.

Shortly after launch, apps for Time Magazine, People, Sports Illustrated, and Fortune all landed in the App Catalog, bringing the full magazines and a suite of interactive content plus online subscription options to TouchPad owners. Fast forward seven months and things have changed, with Time giving warning that they're pulling the plug on all four of their TouchPad apps. That means that the Time Magazine, People, Sports Illustrated, and Fortune apps are all due to go dark. The end-of-days date for these apps? March 10, less than three weeks from today.

Time plans to refund users for issues they won't be able to download, and we see no indication that Time's magazines won't be available through other channels (). For now the apps all work, but that won't be the case for long. We're guessing Time hasn't had the same uptake with their subscription service as . But that's okay, you'll still be able to use the Time app on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Bada. Wait, Bada? Really?

mf.gif

a2t.imgd9-8FT6gz-U

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ssaguiar
      I am developing an app wich is a video player for an iptv provider.
      The app is based on html5, css and javascript.
      At this point everything done till now is working and tested in 5 different browsers and in a Samsung smart tv.
      The problem is that when I installed this app in a LG tv it messed up all the interface.
      After searching for the problem I discovered that the use og css grid was the problem.
      LG WebOs doesn't have support for the grid system? The css grid exists at least from 2017.
      Any clues on how to solve this problem or I have to rewrite one version of the app only for the LG?

Thanks for any help.
    • By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By Bob McLean
      How do I  pause live tv on lg oled tv,I have an external hdd but there isn't any button on the remote control to pause or rewind?
    • By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By David Mokida
      TV Model : LG 43UP7750
      Not sure if it's a hardware or Web OS fault , Whenever there is a powercut my TV fails to pick up system time automatically . There is a default time set and whenever I have a power cut the time is setting to the default time . I think that LG has not included any battery at hardware level to automatically store time . So whenever I have a powercut I have to wait for few minutes for my TV to set the time automatic . 
      My parents use hotstar app a lot so they get  an Certification error and asks to check the time since the certificate is expired . So they call me to set the time or restart the tv for it to automatically refresh the system time . 
      Make it a priority to set the system time first on restart .