Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

picture in picture (pip) - feature request

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 slee

slee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 26, 2014 - 01:10 PM

I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development.

I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?

#2 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 10:36 PM

Great feature request. LG will be updating webOS, so maybe!

#3 jerrymh

jerrymh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 02:58 AM

Please put this fature on LB6500 , tv PIP on HDMI mode

• Mim likes this

#4 amr

amr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 06:30 AM

Same here, for LG42LB7200, TV PIP HDMI and other inputes.

#5 Meele

Meele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 07:59 AM

Same here, for LG42LB671

• Mim likes this

#6 Meele

Meele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 08:00 AM

And it would also be nice to have a small TV screen on web browser which you can turn on/off and move around, it was a feature on the old OS, before webos

#7 Mim

Mim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 12:51 AM

YES PLEASE!! :wub:

#8 flaviu

flaviu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 04:48 PM

I think PIP feature will never be available due to hardware limitations. As far as I know for the PIP function to work 2 tuners are required.

The only think that can be possible is to have PIP from 2 different sources (e.g. one HDMI and one TV-cable).

#9 jerrymh

jerrymh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 06:12 PM

I think PIP feature will never be available due to hardware limitations. As far as I know for the PIP function to work 2 tuners are required.

The only think that can be possible is to have PIP from 2 different sources (e.g. one HDMI and one TV-cable).

Right all samsung tv has PIP from tv on HDMI mode (even the low end 32F4300 has PIP), very useful when your are on PC mode.

7 years ago bought a LG plasma that had PIP (very good tv), and after that I've just bought samsung, now wanted to try again with LG, but I find that it has lost much rather than improved. 

For now WebOS is a very poor piece of software

#10 Meele

Meele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 03:45 AM

That is the whole point, to use PIP with TV tuner and different source. I have external HDTV tuner and 3 other devices with which I would like to use PIP. I had it with my 6 years old Sony TV and it worked great. So, PIP is a great feature for all TVs

#11 Meele

Meele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 03:46 AM

Right all samsung tv has PIP from tv on HDMI mode (even the low end 32F4300 has PIP), very useful when your are on PC mode.

7 years ago bought a LG plasma that had PIP (very good tv), and after that I've just bought samsung, now wanted to try again with LG, but I find that it has lost much rather than improved. 

For now WebOS is a very poor piece of software

Yes, very useful feature and I hope that WebOS will develop fast so we can have new features and apps

#12 hskeik

hskeik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:31 PM

it seems that webos is beta now, so many features are not complete. so regretful to buy LG with webos

#13 hskeik

hskeik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:46 PM

WebOS is soooo bad choice, I really regretful after buying it? there's no record from HDMI, there's no PIP, there's no sync sound to smartphones,there's no apps, just a few that are weak. any plans to update ?

#14 tisteegz

tisteegz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:25 AM

Has anyone heard any more on this topic. We just bought a LG tv and are very disappointed about not being able to keep watching tv with using the web browser. What is the point otherwise? I have to just go and get my laptop.

#15 Meele

Meele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Has anyone heard any more on this topic. We just bought a LG tv and are very disappointed about not being able to keep watching tv with using the web browser. What is the point otherwise? I have to just go and get my laptop.

Go and return your TV if you still can. I have bought LG 3 months ago and there hasn't been a significant improvement whatsoever. If you've just bought it return that shit and buy yourself a Samsung. It is to late for me sadly but you can still do it! :)

#16 Logan

Logan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 13, 2014 - 03:36 PM

Hello great LG Team/Developers,

My LG 55UB850V is realy nice, but a TV PIP on HDMI mode would be very useful.

I am a software developer and do several things at the "same" time on the TV... like work, play games, just surfing on the internet (for work and/or private), or move files from one directory to another :D.

Videostream is nice but uncomfortable. So I hope you try to add this feature.

Best regards from germany :)

#17 lensky

lensky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 13, 2014 - 10:19 PM

Here Here

#18 twin3

twin3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 08:00 PM

I think PiP would be a good feature! However, I want WebOS to stay easy and simple to use.

The question is: can it be added in a way that's easy to manage?  I think it might work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users