Quantcast

PreCentral: Set Internalz Pro as your default Text Editor

Internalz Pro PrefsAlthough all webOS devices have a built it Memo app, it wasn't until the TouchPad that any of them had a built in app (Quick Office HD) to actual edit local text files. Not willing to let this oversight stand, prolific developer (and soon-to-be

link hidden, please login to view
) decided that he would build his own text editor into his file manager homebrew app. With Internalz Pro, you can now open up any type of text file (not just .txt files, but any plain text file) right on the device, even choosing if you want the text file to have Windows, Mac OS X or OS 9, or Linux line endings.  However, this text editor may not be activate by default, so follow the steps below to set up Internalz Pro as your default text editor:

1. Ensure Internalz Pro is installed, using any
  2. Open Internalz Pro, from the top-left and select "Preferences" from the Application dropdown menu
  3. Scroll down to the "TEXT EDITOR" section and ensure that the "Register as file handler" is set to ON
  4. Make any additional settings updates, as required, based on how you want to use the text editor
  5. from the top-left and select "Close" to return to Internalz Pro (you can also on webOS phones)
  6. Now you need to for your device by opening up the "Device Info" app,  from the top-left corner of the screen to bring up the Application dropdown menu and select "Default Applications"
  7. Scroll down to find a file type that has Quick Office shown in black text (as opposed to gray), and then choose Internalz Pro.
  8. on phones or tap the "Back" button on the TouchPad to return to Default Applications listing
  9. Repeat for all text file types
  10. The next time you try to open any text file, it should now open up in the Internalz Pro text editor.

Note that you can also follow these similar steps to set up Internalz Pro to be the default applications for images or IPK files, as long as the "Register as file handler" is set to ON in their respective section of the Internalz Pro preferences page.

mf.gif

a2t.imgJ1FfE7mMAeQ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By woof
      I have a couple of LG OLEDs in shared spaces, with external speakers, one via optical and the other via analog jack (confusingly named headphones). Whenever bluetooth headphones are used and then disconnected, the TV reverts to "internal" terrible audio. For non-technical people this is permanent. Do I have to train everyone to select the device from the long list or can I set a default?

• By Ozzie T
      We have a 65UM7300AUE with software version 05.40.10. We have a Google TV dongle plugged into the HDMI 1 port and that is the input we use most of the time. Until recently every time we would turn the TV on it would default to HDMI 1 and the Google TV home screen would be the first thing we’d see. Life was good. Several weeks ago that changed and now the LG OS (I assume) home screen is the first thing we see. Then we have to use the LG remote to select HDMI 1 each time. We never used to have to do this or use the LG remote at all. Kind of annoying. We think we have HDMI 1 chosen as our default input but it doesn’t seem to matter. Any ideas on how we get things back to the way they used to be with the TV defaulting to HDMI 1 automatically?
    • By Puja aingh
      Respected LG TEAM
           KINDLY SHORT OUT MY LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO IS 33LK628BPTF MY ISSUE IS EVERY TIME RESTART MY TV BECAUSE I OPEN ANY APP AND WATCH ANYTHING SUDDENLY RESTART MY TV AND SHOW FREE UP YOUR STORAGE AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM      HOW CAN I FREE UP MY SPACE  PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM
    • By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By Renver
      Hi,
      When i power on my OLED55C8PLA TV it always starts at the source 'SET UP BOX' even there is no set up box connected. We only use HDMI2. That is also always the used source when we power down the TV. Its quite anoying the TV doesnt starts the input last used.
      I hope someone can help me with this issue!
      Thanks!