Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: HP looking to hire an Enyo engineering summer intern

HP looking to hire an Enyo engineering intern

HP posted a

link hidden, please login to view
earlier this month for an Enyo team engineering intern, asking for a university student who has finished their third year and is close to graduation. In the job listing they mention their plans to release Ares 2 during the Spring, which we know is
by the end of this month along with Enyo 2.1.

The role requires "experience and interest" with common web technologies we know to be near and dear to the Enyo framework; technologies like JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. HP is also looking for the applicant to have experience with the iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and/or webOS SDKs and they prefer the applicant to have deployed at least one application to one of the mobile app stores.

If you enjoy developing with Enyo and want to jump a bit more into the code and perhaps get some experience working with a fast-paced development team while also padding your resume with some pretty major open source contributions, this could very well be a job for you during your semester off of school. This would likely involve working out of HP's San Francisco office where the Enyo team is based, although the listing does specify Sunnyvale as the job location. Could a member of the webOS Nation community snag this internship? Why not - there are a lot of talented developers in webOS land, some young enough that they've got that summer break available. If you're thinking of applying, be sure to let us know in the comments below.

We're happy to see HP hiring more people for the Enyo team, even if it is just a short-term intern role. Whoever is brought on, we're looking forward to their contributions to Enyo - HP needs everything they can add to compete with the other frameworks in the mobile arena.

Update: Look, we've spotted more intern positions! How feels like being a

or
?

mf.gif

a2t.imgzphg_v0joZ4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      September 1, 2014

Official Release of LuneOS and Project Updates

WebOS Ports releases LuneOS with it's first release called Affogato. Read all about it at link hidden, please login to view.

It’s been a long while since we link hidden, please login to view back in June of 2013, but today after months of very hard work we are very proud and happy to provide our latest release to the community now named “LuneOS”.
      The first eye catching change is the new name we’ll be using for our project going forward. The distribution will be called “LuneOS” instead of “WebOS Ports Open webOS” because it wasn’t very catchy.  Lune is the French translation of moon and refers to the user interface we all love so much in legacy webOS, LunaSysMgr, which is named after the Latin/Spanish translation of moon.

The release model for LuneOS is a rolling one where each of the releases will get its own name from a list of coffee beverages. This first release is “Affogato”....link hidden, please login to view

• By Alex
      May 12, 2020 - 
      link hidden, please login to view We're pleased to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.5.0.
      The highlights of this release are as follows:
      link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view For more details on this release, see the 
      link hidden, please login to view. Hardware acceleration based media pipeline for RPi4
      This release adds support of hardware acceleration based media pipeline for Raspberry Pi 4 (RPi4). The newly included hardware acceleration based media pipeline enhances the performance of the webOS media framework.
      Dual audio output through USB devices
      This release enables dual audio output through USB devices.
      Nyx GPS module
      This release includes the Nyx GPS module support. Nyx is a HW abstraction layer that is responsible for providing platform abstraction porting layers to webOS.
      Georgian locale
      This release includes the addition of Georgian locale support in i18n/l10n.
      CLI update
      Command-Line Interface (CLI) has been updated to v1.11.1. For details, see CLI's 
      link hidden, please login to view. iLib upgrade
      iLib, the library used for localization in webOS OSE, has been upgraded from v14.4.0 to v14.6.0. For details, see the library's 
      link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Deepak Suresh
      I wish an app to be added to close all the running apps at once and clean the temporary files
    • By rajat vyom
      i am using lg LJ554T with software 5.80.35 , i am getting frequent error message i.e this app will close now to free up the memory and tv restart over n over , i have uninstalled most off apps and factory reset  tv as well , but this issue is still there , any solution to this issue?
    • By Nguyễn Trần Thanh Lâm
      Hello.
      I try to Build Your First App for webOS TV, but in step 6. Install your app to emulator, I have error:
      "Ares-install: please check the device IP address or port"
      I don't know how to fix it. Please help me. Thanks.