Quantcast

Amazon Prime Video stopped working after WebOS update to 04.40.70

Nitin Chopra

Question

Hi Team,

After update of LG WebOS to 04.40.70, Amazon Prime Video app on my LG Smart TV stopped working. It started giving error :

Internet Connectivity Problem

There is an internet connection problem. Check the device's internet settings, data cables, or try to resetting your router. Also, turning your device off, and then back on might fix the problem. For further assistance, please contact Amazon customer service at www.amazon.com/videohelp

The internet/wifi connection is fine and all the other apps are working without any issue on the LG smart TV.

I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Prime video app, but that didn't help.

Has anyone faced this issue ? Is there a solution available for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

6 answers to this question

The video (media player) has also stopped working on several websites on the web browser app since this update 4.40.70 as well. It's a pain in the butt. The sites otherwise work fine it's just the video won't play. I have 2 webos TV's one I updated the other I declined the update. It's only the update one that has the problem. With the previous update the very odd site wouldn't play and with this update even more sites won't play. Please fix this. Here is an example that wouldn't play after the previous update ... 

link hidden, please login to view
 ... Here is an example that won't play after the latest update ...    ... Please fix this ASAP LG

I have a LG CX with firmware 04.40.70. Since the update I had a lot of wifi problems. I thought the wifi module on the TV died. 

After a month I saw in the TV settings that the TV sometimes connects to the router but does not go to the "DNS".

On my network, the router takes care of DNS, so I entered a public DNS 9.9.9.9 in the TV's network settings instead, and all my wifi problems disappeared.

But that's not the only problem I've had since the update. The web browser no longer works properly. But at least I found a solution to the wifi problem, maybe that will help someone else.

video (media player) has also stopped working on several websites on the web browser app since this update 4.40.70 as well. It's a pain in the butt. The sites otherwise work fine it's just the video won't play. I have 2 webos TV's one I updated the other I declined the update. 

link hidden, please login to view
 It's only the update one that has the problem. With the previous update the very odd site wouldn't play and with this update even more sites won't play. Please fix this. Here is an example that wouldn't play after the previous update

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stephen Davies
      As above! All4 & My5 will no longer work. Also, how do you update the browser? My LG nano TV is just over 3 years old.
    • By Brendank
      I had an issue with powering on the tv in which pressing the lg power button on the first ocassion did not turn on my Oled C1 77 inch Tv.
      LG replaced the powerboard, however since the replacement I have an issue with intermittent audio dropouts via earc. 
      EARC has functioned previously on my Tv when connected to an Anthem 710 receiver and for a few months now on an Anthem AVM 70. 
      The set up has remained the same in terms of audio settings, passthough, match screen and sound set to bypass and I have tried multiple cables, switching the tv off, resetting earc, but I still have the issue. 

It is very odd that after a replacement power board I have this issue. It almost seems like a comparability issue between the new board and the existing components or something else is wrong with the TV.
      Any ideas?

• By Matheakuena
      Installation of Showmax onto my LG TV is not working. The guide is not working.
    • By WLSI
      I would like to update the OS on a relatively old TV (manufactured in 2015). So there are questions: how to find your version, where to download a new one and check its compatibility with my TV?
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By News Reporter
      Selected Finalists to Receive Funding to Develop and Launch
      Their Gaming or Lifestyle App on LG Smart TVs

SEOUL, July 9, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announced a call for participants for its annual global webOS hackathon, with a focus this year on AI-based solutions and gaming services. Developers worldwide are invited to apply and submit their apps for a chance to win a significant monetary prize along with the opportunity to present onstage to LG executives in Seoul, South Korea, this September.
      As a web-centric platform with an easy-to-use Smart TV software development kit, webOS enables developers to create third-party services and apps for millions of homes worldwide. The platform offers developers the tools to create apps and services that engage media, devices, security, networking, Smart TV functionalities and more. Through this hackathon, developers will have the opportunity to build and launch their app on LG Smart TVs, directly reaching consumers with their business.
      Powering LG Smart TVs, including the award-winning LG OLED TV, for over a decade, webOS platform has been acclaimed as a friendly user interface, with easy navigation and customization to provide users with the premium entertainment experience expected from LG products. Now, with an always-growing ecosystem of global partners, the webOS platform is set to drive the next generation of service innovation.
      In addition, LG is committed to expanding the webOS ecosystem by partnering with leaders in the gaming industry. This collaboration aims to offer customers a wide range of gaming services tailored to diverse preferences and interests, while enhancing the gaming capabilities of its exceptional OLED TVs. LG Smart TVs in global markets now feature an increasing array of cloud gaming services and family-friendly games.
      To participate in the hackathon, applicants will need to submit their applications
      link hidden, please login to view. Applications for the hackathon are now open and will close on July 26. Following the application process, participants will be invited to a webinar to learn more about the API and hackathon details. Finalists will be notified by mid-September. For more information about the hackathon, including detailed event schedules with terms and conditions, visit .
      The hackathon will begin with a virtual webinar in early July. Participants will choose to create a game or lifestyle service app using either the Web or Flutter framework, with the opportunity to earn additional merit points for utilizing AI. The app, scenario and demo video must be submitted by August 26. Selected winning developers will then be invited to Seoul to present their ideas in front of top LG executives on September 27.
      Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winners of the hackathon, with a USD 100,000 Grand Prize for first place, USD 80,000 for second place and USD 50,000 for third place. The winners will also receive technical support leading up to the rollout of their app as well as on-device promotional opportunities after the launch. Winning apps must be ready for release on the LG Content Store by the end of June 2025.
      “LG webOS Hackathon 2024 aims to attract creators worldwide who are building lifestyle solutions,” said Chris Jo, senior vice president of platform business at LG Home Entertainment Company. “LG is committed to engaging with the gaming community on a global scale, partnering with developers to nurture the next generation of talent using LG’s developer platform.”
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content