Quantcast

LG Presents Wise Heating for a Warm, Energy-Efficient Winter

News Reporter

Wise-Heating-01-1.jpg

A warm, comfortable home is essential for enduring the harsh, Northern hemisphere winter. But cranking up the heat during the coldest months of the year does come at a cost, harming the planet by increasing carbon emissions and hitting home owners with some hefty energy bills. That’s why heating solutions such as LG’s air-to-water heat pumps are a wise choice; delivering next-level efficiency and a more eco-conscious performance to keep you cozy indoors when it’s too frigid to go out.

Here’s how installing a heat pump at home can help you enjoy a warm, energy-efficient winter.

Wise-Heating-02-scaled.jpg

The Perfect Energy-Saving Heater for Your Home

Offering numerous advantages over conventional heating solutions, heat pump systems can meet all of your space and floor heating needs and ensure a reliable supply of hot water, all winter long. A properly installed heat pump with a capacity suitable for the size or your space can consistently maintain the set temperature while generating fewer carbon emissions compared to an oil or gas boiler. What’s more, according to the German Heat Pump Association, heat pumps designed to operate using renewable energy sources can even help households to achieve carbon neutrality.

Wise-Heating-03.png

LG offers benefits for different types of buildings with both split and monobloc heat pump solutions,1 such as those in the highly efficient LG Therma V R32 series. Boasting an A+++ energy rating in space heating with a Leaving Water Temperature (LWT) of 35 degrees Celsius,2 LG Therma V can provide year-around hot water supply as well as heating and cooling for the whole house. Even when the temperature dips down to negative 7 degrees Celsius outside, it still delivers powerful heating at an impressive 100 percent of capacity.3

Wise-Heating-04.png

LG Therma V also features Seasonal Auto Mode – which enables it to automatically adjust performance in accordance with the temperature outdoors – and can heat water to a piping-hot temperature of 80 degrees Celsius.4 By installing an efficient heating system, you can make your home a warm, comfy oasis without consuming large amounts of electricity, thereby cutting energy costs and shrinking your energy footprint at the same time.

Wise-Heating-05.png

Smart Temperature Management

All LG Therma V solutions come with a remote control, while several models feature an integrated control panel where you can easily view a range of operational information – such as current mode and indoor temperature – and change settings as needed. The company’s solutions can also be remotely controlled from the LG ThinQ app, so you can have the perfect temperature awaiting you after a hard day at the office or make sure the heating is set to low when you’re away on vacation.

Enjoy a warmer winter at home this year, and every year, with a convenient, efficient heating system that’s better for the planet and for your wallet.

# # #

1 For types of heat pumps, refer to

link hidden, please login to view
2 Energy Label rating is based on COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) No 811/2013. Energy rating may vary depending on the LG Therma V model.
3 Varies according to the model.
4 Domestic Hot Water (DHW) temperature of 58 to 80 degrees Celsius is available only when the electric heater is in use. ()

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By AusRob
      The built in Web Browser will not play Videos on SOME websites after updating to WebOS Version 04.40.25 and 04.40.70. The web sites otherwise work fine. Here is an example that won't play since the 04.40.25 update ... 
      link hidden, please login to view ... Please fix this LG ASAP, it's really annoying. PS. It has nothing to do with any Browser setting, I have checked all that. 
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By dracula1001
      Hello,
      I own a 55 inch LG  WEBOS TV SM8100PVA and I am connecting my SONY WH-1000XM3 bluetooth head set to the TV, it used to auto connect as soon as I power on the headphones, but now it only connecting manually, I have tried to reconnect them (forget and connect again) and the auto detect isturned on, I cannot auto connect them
      meaning every time I have to connect them, but only manually, it started happening after I connected them once to my phone and than I unpaired them from my phone,
      Can anyone assist :)?
      thank you
    • By News Reporter
      Award’s Final Four Teams Joined by Renowned ESG Scholars and Company’s
      Executives at LIFE’S GOOD AWARD Conference in South Korea

SEOUL, Jan. 17, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has announced the final winner of its LIFE’S GOOD AWARD, supporting global innovators taking on challenges to help create a Better Life for All. The Grand Prix was awarded to Dot Inc. from South Korea.
      The jury ranked the final four teams after each of the teams pitched their innovative solutions in the award’s final round, held during the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD Conference at LG Sciencepark in Seoul, Korea, on January 16. LG’s own executives leading the company’s ESG management, CSO Lee Sam-soo and CTO Dr. Kim Byoung-hoon, were present as well.
      The award embodies LG’s ESG vision of a Better Life for All, aiming to foster a brighter future for the planet and people. The company aimed to solicit ideas for environmental sustainability and accessibility, two key focuses of its long-term ESG initiative, the Better Life Plan 2030. The ingenious solutions presented by the four winners illustrate the power and potential of tech-for-good to spread positive impact on the world.
      The winning teams are: Dot Inc. of South Korea (Grand Prix/USD 700,000 in prize money); SOLUTUM of Israel (Gold/USD 200,000); Day1Lab of South Korea (Silver/USD 100,000); and NONA Technologies of the United States (Bronze/USD 50,000).
      LIFE’S GOOD AWARD Winning Solutions
      Dot Inc.: developed an assistive information display device for the visually impaired composed of 2,400 braille pins – or ‘dots’ – which move up and down. ­­The novel device converts images, maps and other diverse digital information from connected devices such as computers and mobile phones into a display for visually impaired users to comprehend. SOLUTUM: developed a novel plastic material that dissolves in water at ambient temperature and then biodegrades leaving no microplastic or toxin residue. Day1Lab: created an organic polymer plastic which completely biodegrades in freshwater after about two weeks, and in the earth after about two months. NONA Technologies: developed a desalination solution leveraging Ion Concentration Polarization (ICP) to remove viruses, bacteria, salt and debris from water. Along with the final four teams, the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD Conference was graced by the esteemed members of the award’s jury, the LG’s Life’s Good Committee, consisting of the company’s executives and respected scholars in the area of responsible business management; Alex Edmans, a professor at London Business School, Christopher Marquis, a professor at Cambridge Judge Business School and Hyun S. Shin, a professor at Hanyang Business School and a director of the Collective Impact Center at Hanyang University.
      The conference saw various attendees – including members of the public and local university students as well as LG employees and partners – and was livestreamed so that audiences from all around the globe could tune into the proceedings. During the morning, all four teams gave a final presentation and participated in a Q&A session, while the jury provided feedback based on the impact, innovation and sustainability of each solution. The afternoon featured an awards ceremony honoring the four teams and announcing their final placings, as well as special lectures delivered by Professor Edmans, Professor Marquis and Professor Shin.
      “We will continue to pursue solutions assisting the visually impaired, and thanks to LG’s support, we will be able to achieve this at a greater scale and in less time than we otherwise would have,” said Ahrum Choi of Dot Inc., Grand Prix winner of the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD. “We are so grateful for this experience and are looking forward to collaborating with LG in the future, a company that really shares our desire to make the world a better place.”
      “We will continue to collaborate with like-minded innovators as we forge ahead on a shared journey to create a sustainable future for all, embracing the company’s Life’s Good vision,” said Lee Sam-soo, Chief Strategy Officer at LG Electronics.
      Meanwhile, LG will carry out ESG efforts spearheaded by the Better Life Plan 2030 and continue to share the initiative with internal employees and external stakeholders in order to bolster the company’s sustainable business practices.
      For all the latest on LG’s ongoing efforts to realize a Better Life for All, stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view.  
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      LG Electronics Tennessee Plant is Selected as Industry’s First U.S.
      Home Appliance Lighthouse Factory by World Economic Forum

SEOUL, Jan. 16, 2023 — LG Electronics’ (LG) home appliance manufacturing plant in the United States has been selected as a world-leading Lighthouse Factory by the
      link hidden, please login to view. The million-square-foot factory in Clarksville, Tennessee – the U.S. production base for LG’s award-winning washers and dryers – is the industry’s first home appliance plant in the United States to join the WEF’s global network. Also, it is the company’s second Lighthouse Factory, following on the heels of the LG Smart Park in Changwon, South Korea, which was selected by the WEF last year.
      A “Lighthouse Factory” is recognized by the WEF for its role in shaping the future of manufacturing through the integration of Internet of Things (IoT), big data, artificial intelligence (AI), robots and other Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies. Since 2018, the WEF has selected and added global factories to its network twice a year.
      LG’s world-class autonomous factory in Tennessee utilizes advanced digital technologies from AI and big data to IoT and robots. Completed at the end of 2018, the facility now operates three production lines for front-load and top-load washing machines and dryers. With an annual production capacity of 1.2 million washers and 600,000 dryers, the plant proactively responds to changing North American demand through local production. More than 900 people work at the LG home appliance factory in Montgomery County, Tenn.
      Featuring a complete integrated production system streamlined process to supply impeccable products to customers on time, each line carries out the entire manufacturing process of new models from making the parts to assembly and packaging. In addition, strict quality conditions are applied to all the assembly lines to heighten quality across the board, from parts to finished products.
      The LG Tennessee factory boasts a fully autonomous logistics system with 166 automated guided vehicles (AGVs) that transport parts around the plant. With three times more AGVs than the LG Smart Park, these robots improve overall productivity by freeing up people for other tasks.
      With the integration of parts production such as metal press processing, plastic injection molding, and painting – including LG’s own intelligent injection molding system – the company has increased component productivity by 21 percent.1 In addition, the plant recognizes and responds in advance to potential productivity issues through an advanced detection system. By applying data-based AI technology that accurately predicts washing machine performance, the number of tests and energy consumed during testing are reduced by 22 percent, while the defect rate has been reduced by more than 61 percent via quality optimization.2
      The plant is also maximizing workplace safety and operational efficiency by using robots for complicated, potentially dangerous tasks, such as assembling and lifting heavy parts and welding.
      To further improve efficiency, LG plans to establish a 5G connectivity network across the facility in the second half of this year, creating an environment where its many AGVs can transport materials faster and more accurately based on stable, uninterrupted communication. LG will also introduce Autonomous Mobile Robots that navigate the expansive facility with ease to enhance its logistics system.
      LG’s commitment to sustainability can be seen throughout the Tennessee factory, which transitioned to renewable energy completely already in 2022. The plant also uses a high-efficiency utility infrastructure, which supplies the power, steam and heat necessary to produce LG’s home appliance products with the help of the company’s advanced Building Energy Control (BECON) solution.
      “Along with the LG Smart Park, LG’s Tennessee factory represents our unmatched leadership in transforming manufacturing facilities into advanced, futuristic hubs utilizing the most revolutionary technologies,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of the LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Lighthouse Factory status exemplifies how LG continues to strive for providing differentiated customer experiences through customized manufacturing innovations.”
      # # #
      1 Comparing the overall equipment effectiveness rate from the year 2020 to 2022 according to the lighthouse site visit report by World Economic Forum.
      2 Comparing the number of the test conduction and the field defect rate from the year 2020 to 2022 according to the lighthouse site visit report by World Economic Forum.