Quantcast

Soundbar Question

Girevik

Question

Hello all,

I recently got a soundbar for my LG TV and have it connected with HDMI ARC on HDMI 2 I do my TV watching with a Firestick. I have this weird issue where if I switch apps on my Firestick using one of the buttons that go to an app, or (sometimes) using voice commands, the switches to the HDMI 2 input.  If I choose the app from the menu, it works fine.

I have no clue why how I start an app makes a difference, but is there a way to set the TV to ignore HDMI when it comes to automatically switching inputs?  I looked through the settings and thought I figured it out when I turned off instant game response on HDMI 2, but the switch is still happening.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Beushaw
      Another unwanted update, bringing unwanted changes and now my Cambridge Audio soundbar is screwed.
      My LG TV just performed an auto update to WebOS 13.30.56. When the TV restarted, all I now get out of the ARC connection is a constant loud buzzing, no programme audio. Well done LG software team. A triumph! 
      I have tried resetting the soundbar (it plays fine if I plug in an external device) but all I get from the LG TV is BUZZZZZZZ. I tried restarting both the TV and the Soundbar: BUZZZZZZZZZ. I tried a new HDMI cable BUZZZZZZZZ. So what do I do now?? I did not want this OS update, it brings nothing to me and everything was working perfectly before the update and sound on the (awful) inbuilt LG TV speakers is working, but the ARC audio output to my rather lovely Cambridge Audio soundbar is now, since the Web OS update, just a constant BUZZZZZZZ. I decided to try the Optical output of the LG connected to the soundbar instead. The soundbar is flashing "AUDIO ERROR" at me (I have tried all of the different audio output format options, all with the same result).
      It really pi$$es me off when software teams release badly executed updates that break their customers devices. We are not your R&D test department LG, we are paying customers with whom you lose trust, brand loyalty and future sales when poor engineering teams release software updates that are not fully tested. God only knows what LG have done here but after 2 hours of trying to resolve an issue THEY caused on my setup, I have given up.
      Has anyone else had this issue and have suggestions please? I have tried to contact LG using their Email Support function, wading through the multiple layers to get to the right page and spending time typing up all the details of my support request, etc, but no response yet (other than the automated bot stuff).
      Thanks.
    • By Fricassee
      Hi,
      I have an LG 43UH750V ZA TV which I have connected to a BT YouView box which in turn is connected to a broadband router. I normally do most of my viewing of TV through the Free View service provided via the BT You View box. On the LG TV there is a facility for web browsing. However, this does not appear to work through the internet connection via the BT You View box and the router.
      Does anyone know if this is a valid configuration that should work or does the TV need its own direct internet connection to a router? Thanks.
    • By Wondering
      After viewing photos/videos on a flashdrive plugged into the USB of an LG TV and using SmartShare to view... and then removing the USB and then no longer having access to the TV... I noticed on the flashdrive a new folder called "LG TV" and within what appears to be files that may have been the thumbnails displayed on the TV. My question is... do those thumbnails also remain on the TV as "recently viewed" history even without the USB plugged in? The LG Smart TV online user guide refers to "Recent" ("To view a list of recently viewed or added content, select Recent). Would thumbnails be there without the source flashdrive?
    • By Nikola Lgc1lb lgs80qr
      Hi, what should i do to synchronize the Sound from my tv( lg c1 lb 55 inch 2021) speakers and soundbar (lg s80qr) to play at the same time without delay. Please me give me the steps one by one
    • By Matan Faragi
      Hi,

I'm not sure its the right place but at any case i will describe my issue here and maybe you will be able to help:
      Recently I bought a a TV and a sound bar, and i have some issue from the moment i get the TV.
      TV model - LG 55LB679Y with latest firmware version i have at my country (Israel) - 04.30.16
      SoundBar - LG NB4540
      the TV connected to sound bar by "wireless simplink" feature 'LG TV' and TV connected to My Wireless router.
      every 5 - 15 minutes, i have sound drops / Cutoff / stooped / Interruption, seem like the TV loose connection to sound-bar for few seconds or something similar, it's happen from any AV source im using HDMI, USB...
      and the local re-seller replace the sound-bar to a new one (same modal off course) and i didn't help.  
      i have try to troubleshot the problem in the last few weeks - but didn't succeed to solve it, and also the support / costumer service didn't have solution for this.

some steps i take when troubleshot this issue:
      * different wireless configuration on router -  different channels, SSID, Security - issue still persist.
      * another wireless router - issue still persist.
      * working with optical cable to sound bar - just for testing - working ok, but i need the wireless feature working this the reason i bought sound bar and TV from the same manufacturer.
      * disconnect the TV from wireless network - looks like it's working ok, but didn't had chance to test it for long time.

from my point of view looks like it's issue with wireless device on TV not able to to work in parallel with soundbar and wireless network for some reason, It could be caused bysoftware issue on WebOS or Hardware issue with this TV model.

I really hope you be able to help me or throw some light on this case.

Kind regards,
      Matan