Quantcast

The Hidden Key to Elevate the Luxe Life: Technology

News Reporter

Olivia-Palermo-01.jpg

LG SIGNATURE ambassador Olivia Palermo, a household name in the fashion and beauty world as well as the ultimate authority when it comes to sophisticated living, shares her philosophy on what makes true luxury living.

Palermo thinks luxury living must never come at the expense of functionality and avoids lifestyle products that, although pleasing to the eye, lack the comfort and convenience people deserve in 2022. Hence her long-established relationship with LG SIGNATURE – a brand synonymous with refined aesthetics and outstanding performance – was always written in the stars.

Read on to discover how Olivia Palermo is elevating her lifestyle through LG SIGNATURE’s latest devices and appliances with both luxury and comfort in mind, and receive some insightful, inspirational words about her upcoming beauty projects, thoughts on sustainable tech and go-to fashion tips for a fabulous entrance.

Olivia-Palermo-02.jpg

How have you been lately?

Like most people, I have been through highs and lows. I was so happy to be in Paris for the Haute Couture shows recently, it finally feels as if things are really getting back to ‘normal.’ I have also managed to have a couple of short breaks in Europe with my husband, and it really feels so good to be able to travel again. But on the flipside, I miss my dog, Mr. Butler every day. He was my companion and best friend for 16 years and I still struggle to believe he is no longer with us.

What are you most interested in right now?

I am really focusing on the day-to-day business of Olivia Palermo Beauty and of course my continuing work with LG SIGNATURE. I have always said so much of my creative inspiration has come from being in different cultures and countries and seeing how stylish people dress. So finally being back out there is amazing, it’s a creative overload!

You’ve been an LG SIGNATURE ambassador for a while now. What values can you say you share with the premium brand?

The LG SIGNATURE philosophy of Style and Sustainability really resonates with me and was definitely one of the reasons that made it so interesting for us to be able to work together. The Fashion Industry has had to work really hard to improve its environmental footprint and there is still much work for all of us to do but I do think that really taking care of the clothes that we value so that they last and can be enjoyed by a new owner when we have maybe tired of them is something we can all do. The LG SIGNATURE Washer and Dryer makes these efforts super easy. Its diagnostics can weigh the fabric to use the most efficient amount of detergent and water and the delicate program means pretty much everything can be cleaned at home. Most of us know we need to do better when it comes to sustainability, so it really helps when products such as the LG SIGNATURE range make that effortless for us and also look super stylish.

Olivia-Palermo-03.jpg

What do you think of the LG SIGNATURE lineup based on your experience?

All of the LG SIGNATURE products that I have experienced are the best in their category. They are intuitive, have cutting-edge technology, and give you all the options you could possibly require without being over-complicated to use. And they look amazing, so you are happy to have them on display.

What bears the greatest significance when decorating a home?

Apart from my art pieces which only have to be beautiful, I expect everything to do its job properly. There is no point in having a couch that looks incredible but is not comfortable to sit on. This is where LG SIGNATURE has been so smart, their products perform amazingly, but they also look great.

Olivia-Palermo-04.jpg

Do you like keeping up with the latest technologies? If so, is there a technology you’re particularly interested in these days?

In recent times, I have felt that I just can’t keep up with technology, some things seem to change so fast. When I think about what changes there have been over the last 10 years, it blows my mind and of course, my phone can do so many things that I don’t even know about! But, what is truly amazing is how technology is going in such a sustainable direction, brands are developing products that help all of us make better choices. Refrigerators you don’t have to open to see what is inside, washers that use less water and protect your garments to last longer.

Congratulations on the 1-year anniversary of ‘Olivia Palermo Beauty.’ What does this milestone mean to you?

Anyone who has their own business will tell you how thrilled they are to get through the first year. It is a milestone of course, but we are still very much at the beginning of this adventure, and there is so much to do. We are on track with our plan and I am so excited for the second year.

Your Instagram pictures from John Legend’s LG SIGNATURE X LVE wine party and fashion shows were a hit with fans. Do you have any styling tips for attending glamorous events?

It’s no secret that I am very last minute with deciding what to wear to events, it really depends on my mood. But some key tips are; Think about what the event is – Will you be mostly sitting or standing, eating or not. You want to look your very best, but you have to be comfortable. You cannot look amazing if you don’t feel good. A restricted corset-type top is not great if you are sitting all evening, and crazy high heels are a no-no if you will be standing and dancing all night. Accessories can really make a difference which may be a statement piece of jewelry or a perfect little clutch. And finally, a little Runway Red or Poppy on your lips will complete any look for that big night out!

Any tips for keeping fine garments in pristine condition, like a party dress or a cashmere sweater?

So many garments say ‘Dry clean only.’ When with the right machine, such as the LG SIGNATURE washer and dryer, they can be taken care of at home. The gentle care program means that even my super delicate items made from silk, cashmere and velvet can be cleaned at home which uses way less harmful products and is much better for the environment.

Olivia-Palermo-05.jpg

How do you like to relax?

When we are both at home, we love to have friends come over for an easy, relaxed evening. It’s well known my husband usually cooks but I put together a great selection of cheeses and crudites. I love eating fresh and raw, and the LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator means we can always be prepared. I also really enjoy choosing the best wine choice to go with what we are eating.

You recently released the ‘Ready for Summer’ video on your Instagram in collaboration with LG SIGNATURE. What is your daily routine to stay healthy and make the most of summer?

I try to do some exercise each day whether it’s a full workout, a few stretches or a nice walk – it clears my head. It’s also much easier to eat healthily in the summer because salads and fruits are in season and I love al fresco dining.

What’s next on your bucket list?

I would love to visit the Maldives. I have heard so much about this region and would love to experience the natural beauty myself. The other place on my list is Seoul! I have traveled extensively in Asia but have never been to Korea. And if I am honest, my obsession with Korean beauty products was definitely one of the reasons I was inspired to start my own beauty business, so hopefully, I will get to see everyone in Korea soon.

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Designed for the Healthcare Sector, Company’s Latest Medical Monitor
      Provides Impressive Imaging and Convenient Features

SEOUL, Oct. 9, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is launching its new 31.5-inch surgical monitor (model 32HR734S) featuring advanced Mini LED display technology. Designed to provide color video displays of images from surgical endoscopes, laparoscopic camera systems and other compatible medical imaging systems, LG’s monitor has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. FDA, indicating it can now be sold in the U.S. The 32HR734S’s Mini LED technology enables precise brightness control and provides a wide color range, optimizing image clarity and color, making it an ideal choice for a variety of surgical applications, including laparoscopy and endoscopy.
      The 32HR734S features a 31.5-inch, 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160) Mini-LED display leveraging thousands of tiny LED diodes as the Back Light Unit (BLU). Delivering 2,000 cd/m² peak brightness and a dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1, LG’s medical monitor leverages 1,536 local dimming zones to produce clear, detailed images and enhanced visual contrast. The display also provides excellent color consistency across the screen and boasts 98 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space.
      In addition to its impressive visual performance, the 32HR734S delivers the durability and reliability necessary for surgical settings. Employing Optical Bonding technology, along with Anti-Glare, Anti-Reflection and Anti-Fingerprint coatings on its front, LG’s 32HR734S 4K surgical monitor ensures optimal visibility even in brightly lit operating rooms. What’s more, the front and rear of the product (IP45- and IP32-rated, respectively) offer excellent resistance to water and dust, preventing fluids or particles from disrupting monitor operation during surgeries.
      The 32HR734S is also the first LG surgical monitor to incorporate the innovative Clone Screen feature. Clone Screen allows users to duplicate the image being displayed on the 32HR734S on a second monitor (connected via HDMI), significantly enhancing operational efficiency and communication within the surgical environment, especially in situations where multiple medical professionals need to view the same image.
      For added versatility, the display’s Mirror Mode makes it possible to flip the on-screen image horizontally, while Rotation Mode can rotate the image 180 degrees to match the orientation of the surgical camera. The 32HR734S also provides Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) functionality, the latter allowing the display of up to four different image sources simultaneously. This enables medical staff to view a combination of inputs or images, such as laparoscopic and fluoroscopic images, while monitoring the patient’s vital signs at the same time.
      “Featuring advanced Mini LED technology, the 32HR734S delivers the excellent picture quality and convenient functionality needed in surgical settings,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “We believe our new model will significantly boost efficiency for medical professionals performing and assisting with surgeries.”
      Key Specifications:
      LG Surgical Monitor (32HR734S)
      Size 31.5-inch Backlight Technology Mini LED Screen Resolution 4K (3,840 x 2,160) Display Panel Type IPS Aspect Ratio 16:9 Surface Treatment Protection Glass (Optical Bonding, Anti-Reflection, Anti-Fingerprint, and Anti-Glare) Color Gamut (Typ.) DCI-P3 98% Brightness (Typ.) 800cd/m² Brightness (Stabilization)
      500cd/m² Peak Brightness (Typ.) 2000cd/m² Color Bit 10bit Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1,000:1 Response Time (Gray-To-Gray)1
      5ms Features DICOM Compliant Yes Hardware Calibration LG Calibration Studio HDR HDR 10, HDR Effect Video Signals Input Terminals HDMI x 1, DisplayPort x 1, SDI (12G / 3G) x 4, DVI-D x 1 Output Terminals HDMI (Clone Screen) x 1, SDI (12G / 3G) x 4 Connectivity USB USB 3.0 1 Upstream, 1 Downstream Power AC Input 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz Power Consumption 130W (Max) / Less than 0.3W (DC Off) Durability IP Resistance Rating2 IP453 (Front), IP324 (Except for Front), IK065 User
      Convenience PBP Yes (2 / 3 / 4 PBP) PIP Yes Screen Flip Mirror Mode, Rotation Mode Failover Input Switch Yes Physical Specifications
      Weight 9.7 kg Wall Mount Size 200 x 100 / 100 x 100 mm # # #
      1 GtG: Gray-to-gray response time.
      2 Tested under controlled laboratory conditions with an IP/ IK rating. Dry before using. Do not charge while wet.
      3 IP45: Protected against solid foreign objects of 1.0 mm and greater / Protected against access to hazardous parts with a wire / Protected against water jets.
      4 IP32: Protected against solid foreign objects of 2.5 mm and greater / Protected against access to hazardous parts with a tool / Protected against vertically falling water drops when enclosure tilted up to 15°.
      5 IK06: Protected against 1-joule impacts.
      *Specifications may vary by region and all features, standards, and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.

• By News Reporter
      Putting words into action is a critical component of LG’s Life’s Good motto. This has manifested itself across a wide range of activations in the U.S., most recently as part of LG Electronics USA’s partnership with the New York Yankees, one of the most recognized and successful sports franchises in the world.

As
      link hidden, please login to view the LG OLED brand has been infused throughout iconic Yankee Stadium. Recently, LG expanded its partnership to include a cause-related component that will benefit the community around the stadium.  This effort will support renovations at Elston Gene Howard Field, which sits across the street from the current Yankee Stadium on the site of the original Yankee Stadium. LG’s donation of USD 50,000 will assist in upgrades to the three ballfields at the location, which is utilized by the Bronx community and the Yankees’ Summer Night Lights program.
      During an on-field ceremony at Yankee Stadium prior to the Yankees-Red Sox game on September 12, LG USA CEO Chris Jung presented a check to NYC Parks Bronx Borough Commissioner Jessenia Aponte and Administrative Parks and Recreation Manager Clinton Johnson.

“We believe in investing in the communities where we live and work.  This collaboration with the New York Yankees enables us to improve these fields for the benefit of the youth of New York City,” said LG Electronic USA CEO Chris Jung.  “Creating an environment where children can enjoy positive experiences helps ensure ‘Life’s Good’ in their community and provides a tremendous asset to their growth and development.”

“LG has been a tremendous partner, and they are employing that same forward-looking, collaborative spirit toward the Bronx community, which utilizes Elston Gene Howard Field extensively throughout the year,” said Yankees Senior Vice President of Corporate/Community Relations Brian Smith. “This donation will positively impact thousands of Bronx residents who rely on the park for exercise, recreation and team sports, including the children who participate in the Yankees’ Summer Night Lights programming. We salute LG’s contribution and look forward to seeing the benefits of their donation bear fruit for many years to come.”

Having just completed its second season, Summer Night Lights serves approximately 300 children and teenagers from the Bronx between the ages of 12 and 18 who take part in tournament-style, co-ed baseball and softball games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights throughout July and August. The program is designed to keep area young people engaged in recreation and character-promoting activities on summer evenings, when midweek organized activities for young people are difficult to find.
      Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Although stress is a natural feeling that affects everyone, managing it has become increasingly difficult in today’s digital age. Recognizing this, LG Taiwan recently organized a special forum to help local customers address their anxiety and better manage stress, as part of the global “Optimism your feed” campaign and “Life’s Good with Optimism” initiative.

In the build up to this forum, LG Taiwan launched a psychological test on its Instagram page, aimed at raising awareness about social media-induced anxiety. This initiative helped followers gain a better understanding of the stress they experience from their digital lives.

Held on August 10, the forum featured esteemed psychologist Dr. Hui-Wen Deng and renowned YouTube film critic “Lessons from Movies.” They shared their professional insights and experiences on how social media impacts mental health and provided attendees with practical strategies to manage stress and maintain optimism, aligning with LG’s Life’s Good philosophy.

Dr. Deng explored the negative psychological effects of social media, emphasizing the importance of initiatives like LG’s “Optimize your feed” to help people navigate their online lives without feeling overwhelmed by anxiety.
      The event also featured the host of popular YouTube channel “Lessons from Movies,” who shared her personal experiences as a key opinion leader, offering valuable techniques to embrace optimism in the face of criticism.

This event was a hit, with over 100 sign-ups within just half a day and nearly 80 percent of attendees participating in the interactive Q&A session that was held on the day. Many sought advice on how to overcome challenges and maintain an optimistic outlook on life, with many hailing the event as a source of useful information. One guest asked if either of the speakers would be collaborating with LG Taiwan on similar events in the future, or if LG Taiwan had more activities promoting “Optimism” in the works, suggesting a strong desire for more events like this.

On site, Instagrammable photo props and check-in gifts were provided to encourage participants to share their experience with friends and followers via social media. And as they left eager to try out the new techniques they had learned, LG handed out stress-relief fortune cookies and stress balls to each person in the hope of leaving a lasting positive impression and giving them constant reminder of its Life’s Good message.
      LG Taiwan’s stress forum not only highlighted the importance of optimism in today’s digital world but also reinforced the brand’s dedication to enriching people’s lives. By providing valuable insights and practical advice on managing stress, LG is helping people navigate the complexities of their online lives, while promoting a message that Life’s Good every day, not just on the good days.
      Contributed by LG Taiwan
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Companies Set to Introduce Cutting-Edge Bluetooth Ultra-Low Latency Technology
      that Revolutionizes Cloud Gaming Experiences for webOS Smart TV Users

SEOUL, Sep. 27, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has collaborated with Razer and MediaTek to introduce the world’s first Bluetooth Ultra-Low Latency (BT ULL) Controller at LG webOS Summit 2024 on September 27. This groundbreaking technology was showcased through an LG webOS smart TV and Razer’s Bluetooth gaming controller, demonstrating the game-changing 1ms input lag.
      The webOS summit, which welcomed 300 representatives from 140 partner companies – including content developers, producers and providers – from 24 countries, shared LG’s strategic vision and future initiatives for expanding its AI webOS ecosystem and platform business.
      Razer, a leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, has developed the first game controller featuring BT ULL technology. To showcase its upgraded performance, LG and Razer compared a BT ULL-enabled Bluetooth game controller to a standard controller during the event. The demonstration highlighted the superior responsiveness, reduced input lag and control precision of the BT ULL technology across various cloud-based games, including FPS, fighting and racing titles.
      The latest BT ULL technology offers the perfect cloud gaming performance, catering to competitive players who require lightning-fast response times to excel in their games.
      In an industry first, LG plans to introduce a certification program for third-party game controllers in the near future to ensure BT ULL-supported controllers work seamlessly with LG webOS smart TVs. Razer will be the first company to obtain LG’s certification.
      Meanwhile, LG and MediaTek, a global fabless semiconductor company, are jointly developing the BT ULL technology to be integrated into MediaTek’s Wi-Fi “MT7921” chipset. This chipset will also feature the efficient and reliable Wi-Fi 6 technology from MediaTek’s Filogic series.
      These collaborative efforts aim to enable LG webOS smart TVs owners to immediately dive into online multiplayer cloud games with the enhanced response times, delivering unprecedented levels of realism during gameplay.
      The latest premium LG OLED TVs and LG QNED TVs, supporting refresh rates of 120Hz or higher, are scheduled to launch in 2025 with BT ULL technology.
      “LG is committed to consistently introducing more advanced features designed to immerse gamers in their favorite titles and to differentiate its gaming experiences,” said Baik Seon-pill, head of the LG Home Entertainment Company’s Product Planning Division. “As the LG webOS platform evolves, so will the features that make it the ultimate gaming platform for every type of gamer.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      A Joint Effort Between LG and Top Research Universities, Consortium to Accelerate
      the Development of Next-Generation Heat Pump and Establish Industry Standards

SEOUL, Sep. 24, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is hosting the first-ever meeting of the Global Heat Pump Consortium in Seoul, South Korea, from September 23-26. A cooperative venture between LG and a growing number of international universities, the consortium is focused on developing new, more efficient heat pump technologies, including solutions designed to handle harsh climatic conditions. The event brings together LG personnel and academics from participating universities to introduce heat pump technologies and discuss industry-academia projects being conducted by each of the consortium’s regional clusters.
      The Global Heat Pump Consortium comprises LG-led heat pump R&D consortiums established in Alaska, USA (November 2023) and in Oslo, Norway and Harbin, China (June and August of 2024, respectively). The consortium also includes a South Korean cluster, with LG working collaboratively with respected universities in Seoul and Busan to drive heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) innovation.
      On the first day of the event, LG introduced key heat pump technologies and products from its industry-leading lineup of high-efficiency HVAC solutions. Each regional consortium then provided an update on its specific research tasks and shared its current progress in evaluating high-performance heat pump tech for challenging climates. The inaugural meeting of the global consortium is also offering attendees valuable learning opportunities, with seminars and discussions on topics, including the latest HVAC industry and market trends, and future technologies for region-specific heat pump solutions.
      Through cooperating with universities known for their top-tier HVAC research programs, LG is strengthening its own R&D capabilities and accelerating the development of the next generation of heat pumps. The company anticipates that the groundbreaking work being carried out by the consortium will also help strengthen its competitiveness in the global heating and cooling solutions market.
      Internationally, the demand for high-efficiency, low-carbon-emission heat pumps is rapidly increasing, in large part due to the worldwide electrification and decarbonization trends. Solidifying its status as a technology leader and responsible corporate citizen, LG is leveraging its cutting-edge heat pump technology to deliver region-specific heating and cooling solutions for the North American, European and Asian HVAC markets.
      At an investor forum in August, LG highlighted “B2B acceleration” as one of its four key strategies for business portfolio innovation. The HVAC business, a major component of the company’s diverse B2B portfolio, has become a market leader based on the strength of its advanced, highly-efficient core technologies, such as inverter compressors, heat exchangers and AI engines.
      Around the globe, LG is enhancing the capabilities of its HVAC business through creating locally complete systems encompassing R&D, sales, manufacturing and maintenance. In addition, the company currently operates five Air Solution Research Labs – with facilities located in Korea, North America, Europe and India – and has a network of HVAC academies spanning 43 countries and training over 30,000 engineers annually.
      “We are committed to accelerating our HVAC business, with heat pump innovation as the cornerstone of our vision,” said James Lee, head of the Air Solution Business Unit at LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Through the Global Heat Pump Consortium, we aim to lead the HVAC industry with decarbonization solutions aligned with the global electrification trend.”
      # # #