Quantcast

The Hidden Key to Elevate the Luxe Life: Technology

News Reporter

Olivia-Palermo-01.jpg

LG SIGNATURE ambassador Olivia Palermo, a household name in the fashion and beauty world as well as the ultimate authority when it comes to sophisticated living, shares her philosophy on what makes true luxury living.

Palermo thinks luxury living must never come at the expense of functionality and avoids lifestyle products that, although pleasing to the eye, lack the comfort and convenience people deserve in 2022. Hence her long-established relationship with LG SIGNATURE – a brand synonymous with refined aesthetics and outstanding performance – was always written in the stars.

Read on to discover how Olivia Palermo is elevating her lifestyle through LG SIGNATURE’s latest devices and appliances with both luxury and comfort in mind, and receive some insightful, inspirational words about her upcoming beauty projects, thoughts on sustainable tech and go-to fashion tips for a fabulous entrance.

Olivia-Palermo-02.jpg

How have you been lately?

Like most people, I have been through highs and lows. I was so happy to be in Paris for the Haute Couture shows recently, it finally feels as if things are really getting back to ‘normal.’ I have also managed to have a couple of short breaks in Europe with my husband, and it really feels so good to be able to travel again. But on the flipside, I miss my dog, Mr. Butler every day. He was my companion and best friend for 16 years and I still struggle to believe he is no longer with us.

What are you most interested in right now?

I am really focusing on the day-to-day business of Olivia Palermo Beauty and of course my continuing work with LG SIGNATURE. I have always said so much of my creative inspiration has come from being in different cultures and countries and seeing how stylish people dress. So finally being back out there is amazing, it’s a creative overload!

You’ve been an LG SIGNATURE ambassador for a while now. What values can you say you share with the premium brand?

The LG SIGNATURE philosophy of Style and Sustainability really resonates with me and was definitely one of the reasons that made it so interesting for us to be able to work together. The Fashion Industry has had to work really hard to improve its environmental footprint and there is still much work for all of us to do but I do think that really taking care of the clothes that we value so that they last and can be enjoyed by a new owner when we have maybe tired of them is something we can all do. The LG SIGNATURE Washer and Dryer makes these efforts super easy. Its diagnostics can weigh the fabric to use the most efficient amount of detergent and water and the delicate program means pretty much everything can be cleaned at home. Most of us know we need to do better when it comes to sustainability, so it really helps when products such as the LG SIGNATURE range make that effortless for us and also look super stylish.

Olivia-Palermo-03.jpg

What do you think of the LG SIGNATURE lineup based on your experience?

All of the LG SIGNATURE products that I have experienced are the best in their category. They are intuitive, have cutting-edge technology, and give you all the options you could possibly require without being over-complicated to use. And they look amazing, so you are happy to have them on display.

What bears the greatest significance when decorating a home?

Apart from my art pieces which only have to be beautiful, I expect everything to do its job properly. There is no point in having a couch that looks incredible but is not comfortable to sit on. This is where LG SIGNATURE has been so smart, their products perform amazingly, but they also look great.

Olivia-Palermo-04.jpg

Do you like keeping up with the latest technologies? If so, is there a technology you’re particularly interested in these days?

In recent times, I have felt that I just can’t keep up with technology, some things seem to change so fast. When I think about what changes there have been over the last 10 years, it blows my mind and of course, my phone can do so many things that I don’t even know about! But, what is truly amazing is how technology is going in such a sustainable direction, brands are developing products that help all of us make better choices. Refrigerators you don’t have to open to see what is inside, washers that use less water and protect your garments to last longer.

Congratulations on the 1-year anniversary of ‘Olivia Palermo Beauty.’ What does this milestone mean to you?

Anyone who has their own business will tell you how thrilled they are to get through the first year. It is a milestone of course, but we are still very much at the beginning of this adventure, and there is so much to do. We are on track with our plan and I am so excited for the second year.

Your Instagram pictures from John Legend’s LG SIGNATURE X LVE wine party and fashion shows were a hit with fans. Do you have any styling tips for attending glamorous events?

It’s no secret that I am very last minute with deciding what to wear to events, it really depends on my mood. But some key tips are; Think about what the event is – Will you be mostly sitting or standing, eating or not. You want to look your very best, but you have to be comfortable. You cannot look amazing if you don’t feel good. A restricted corset-type top is not great if you are sitting all evening, and crazy high heels are a no-no if you will be standing and dancing all night. Accessories can really make a difference which may be a statement piece of jewelry or a perfect little clutch. And finally, a little Runway Red or Poppy on your lips will complete any look for that big night out!

Any tips for keeping fine garments in pristine condition, like a party dress or a cashmere sweater?

So many garments say ‘Dry clean only.’ When with the right machine, such as the LG SIGNATURE washer and dryer, they can be taken care of at home. The gentle care program means that even my super delicate items made from silk, cashmere and velvet can be cleaned at home which uses way less harmful products and is much better for the environment.

Olivia-Palermo-05.jpg

How do you like to relax?

When we are both at home, we love to have friends come over for an easy, relaxed evening. It’s well known my husband usually cooks but I put together a great selection of cheeses and crudites. I love eating fresh and raw, and the LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator means we can always be prepared. I also really enjoy choosing the best wine choice to go with what we are eating.

You recently released the ‘Ready for Summer’ video on your Instagram in collaboration with LG SIGNATURE. What is your daily routine to stay healthy and make the most of summer?

I try to do some exercise each day whether it’s a full workout, a few stretches or a nice walk – it clears my head. It’s also much easier to eat healthily in the summer because salads and fruits are in season and I love al fresco dining.

What’s next on your bucket list?

I would love to visit the Maldives. I have heard so much about this region and would love to experience the natural beauty myself. The other place on my list is Seoul! I have traveled extensively in Asia but have never been to Korea. And if I am honest, my obsession with Korean beauty products was definitely one of the reasons I was inspired to start my own beauty business, so hopefully, I will get to see everyone in Korea soon.

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      As the mobility industry shifts towards software-defined vehicles (SDVs), the importance of automotive displays continues to grow. Advanced display technology is already enhancing in-car infotainment systems and user experiences by presenting drivers with a wealth of vehicle and road-related information, while offering passengers an array of entertaining content.
      The trend of incorporating larger and more numerous displays within vehicles, often referred to as ‘screenification,’ is elevating the convenience, safety and enjoyment of vehicle occupants, while also influencing vehicle cabin design. OLED panels, known for their superior image quality and unmatched flexibility (both literally and in terms of design), are increasingly being adopted in the premium auto segment.
      Market research firm Omdia projects that by 2030, one out of every two information display units used in premium vehicles will be an OLED panel. Several global automakers are now equipping their high-end models with large, high-resolution displays to meet customers’ evolving expectations and preferences. With their stunning colors, clarity and contrast, OLED panels are raising the bar for automotive displays and are expected to drive the market’s continued expansion.

OLED technology makes it possible to create large, curved and flexible screens for use in digital cockpits. In response to the auto industry’s increasing interest in premium displays, the R&D laboratory at LG’s Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company has recently developed an algorithm for its in-vehicle OLED displays that compensates for any visual distortion related to viewing angle. This advanced technology, first showcased at Display Week 2024, ensures that LG’s automotive OLED screens deliver consistent brightness and distortion-free colors from practically any angle. As a result, drivers can now see images and text more clearly across all parts of the display, enhancing safety by reducing the time needed to check on-screen information.
      LG’s new technology overcomes the viewing-angle limitations typically associated with large, curved OLED displays. Currently, LG is the only automotive display supplier to have developed an algorithm that corrects these particular issues and is now in the process of commercializing this innovation.
      Research into flexible OLED automotive displays has been a major focus for LG VS Company’s R&D laboratory over the past year. Kim Kyung-lack, vice president of Display Development at LG VS Company, noted that due to extensive and ongoing efforts, LG is able to offer a wide range of automotive displays leveraging next-generation technology to deliver outstanding performance. Since 2022, LG has been developing advanced in-vehicle displays and now boasts an impressive portfolio of solutions, including screens with rollable, flexible and foldable form factors. The company’s diverse offerings provide automakers with more choices when designing vehicle interiors and offer vehicle users a richer, more varied in-car experience.
      Beyond automotive displays and components such as EV motors and smart lamps, LG VS Company offers cutting-edge in-vehicle software platforms and solutions. This software integrates seamlessly with the company’s display products to form a complete in-car experience solution, adding significant value for automakers seeking to enhance the functionality of their existing infotainment systems.
      Through its innovative solutions for vehicles, LG is accelerating the arrival of the SDV era and playing a leading role in redefining the future of mobility.
      To learn more about LG’s advanced automotive display products, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By News Reporter
      Company’s ‘Optimism your feed’ Playlist
      Garners 1.2 Billion Views in Just Three Weeks

SEOUL, June 21, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has launched a global social media challenge to amplify its brand promise of ‘Life’s Good’ by encouraging customers worldwide to create and share moments of everyday optimism on their social media feeds. Running across TikTok and Instagram, the challenge encourages participants to foster a more positive environment on their social media feeds by posting optimistic moments and selfies featuring the “ link hidden, please login to view” gesture – a popular symbol among K-pop idols created by forming a mini heart with the index finger and thumb – using the hashtags #Lifesgood and #Optimismyourfeed.
      “LG is committed to delivering on its promise of Life’s Good. This social media challenge aims to uncover and share what Life’s Good means to our customers,” said Kim Hyo-eun, vice president and head of LG’s Brand Management Division. “We believe there is real power in approaching life with an optimistic attitude, and our Optimism your feed campaign’s social media challenge is all about embracing the opportunity to inspire more positive activities in the virtual and real world.”
      The social media challenge is part of LG’s campaign and follows the launch last month of LG’s Optimism your feed playlist – a collection of original content that, when interacted with, will pull more optimistic content into your feed. Created in collaboration with global influencers known for their positive impact, the playlist offers users the opportunity to experience more uplifting and encouraging posts. Within just three weeks of its release on TikTok, YouTube and other social media platforms, the playlist has garnered over 1.2 billion views. It has resonated with viewers worldwide, prompting comments about their eagerness to participate and positively influence their algorithms.
      The social media challenge invites users around the world to join influencers including , , , , and in spreading optimism across social media feeds. In just four days, around 21,000 users have already joined the movement to share their optimistic moments.
      Meanwhile, LG has also launched an offline campaign event called ‘Optimism your day,’ which will run till early July. Continuing from last year, a truck adorned with the company’s ‘Life’s Good’ brand slogan is scheduled to tour the 11 business sites in Korea. The truck features a large LED display that plays ‘Life’s Good’ campaign videos and showcases positivity slogans shared by LG employees worldwide. LG believes in spreading the campaign’s message of optimism to employees as well as the outside world.
      “We are all brand ambassadors of LG,” said CEO William Cho. “If each of us starts brightening our surroundings one step at a time, I believe LG will one day become a company that truly radiates positivity, helping to create better lives and a better world.”
      More details about Life’s Good campaign can be found on the campaign page at .
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      As an avid supporter of the arts and culture, LG Electronics is committed to enhancing life by integrating its groundbreaking technologies with some of the world’s most exquisite art pieces. By providing artists and gallery curators with the finest LG OLED TVs, considered by many as the ultimate digital canvas, LG enables a captivating and inspiring multi-sensory experience.

In the Philippines, LG partnered with the National Museum of Fine Arts in Manila to celebrate the 140th anniversary of Spoliarium, an iconic masterpiece by renowned Filipino painter Juan Luna. Coinciding with National Heritage Month, LG Philippines donated various products, including LG OLED TVs, to the museum to foster a deeper appreciation for the arts and enhance public access to the nation’s rich cultural heritage.

On May 27, a total of 118 local journalists gathered in the esteemed museum’s Old Senate Hall of the Philippines to witness the latest advancements in home entertainment, including the newest LG OLED evo TVs (G4 and C4 series). Powered by LG’s α (Alpha) 11 AI processor, which offers four times the performance of its predecessor, LG OLED evo TVs provides personalized experiences tailored to user preferences and viewing habits.

Throughout the elegant rooms of the National Museum of Fine Arts, various LG home entertainment products were on display, allowing visitors to see firsthand how LG brings out the best image quality with its deep blacks and vibrant colors.

The event also featured the LG Objet Collection Posé, a Lifestyle Screen designed to provide new interior design freedom for décor enthusiasts. With its angular, minimalist design and flexible installation options, Posé blends seamlessly into practically any space with exceptional ease. It even boasts LG’s immersive Gallery mode, which displays works of art or photos on its self-lit digital canvas, transforming any space into a sophisticated gallery.

In addition to the OLED-infused devices, LG showcased its QNED TVs, which offer enhanced contrast, brightness levels and detailed picture quality for exceptional viewing from every angle. For those looking to create the home theater of their dreams, LG soundbars were strategically placed around the museum to elevate the viewing experience with incredibly immersive surround sound.

This event highlighted LG’s full commitment to fusing technology with timeless art to unlock more engaging and impactful cultural experiences. Aligned with its Life’s Good promise, LG will continue to support initiatives that spark creativity, promote cultural exchanges and enhance the appreciation of arts and culture through smart life solutions built for all.

Contributed by LG Philippines
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      With a commitment to creating a better life for all entailing a greener future for everyone, LG is taking all the necessary steps to realizing a healthier planet for future generations. These include designing and executing green initiatives, such as rethinking operational processes and product lifecycles to reduce carbon emissions and waste, as well as developing technologies that promote sustainability and inclusivity.

In line with this overarching mission, LG Indonesia recently launched its ‘Better life for all’ campaigns to inspire the country’s younger generation to adopt sustainable lifestyles. This exciting event focused on promoting a sustainable food culture and raising awareness of food issues in a time when food waste and food insecurity is high in Indonesia.
      The country faces an alarming food waste issue, ranking second globally with an annual generation of 20.93 million tons, according to the United Nations Environment Program Food Waste Index Report 2021. This waste results in economic losses ranging from IDR 213 to 551 trillion per year1 and exacerbates food insecurity, with Indonesia ranking 77th out of 125 countries on the 2023 Global Hunger Index.2 LG aspires to fight food waste and insecurity issues by engaging the younger generation, who make up over 50 percent of Indonesia’s population.

The campaign began this March with ‘Better Life Recipe,’ an event in collaboration with renowned chef
      link hidden, please login to view. As part of this event, Devina created a recipe designed to minimize food waste. On Instagram and TikTok, she offered her followers a choice between two traditional Korean dishes: a scrumptious bibimbap with taichan sauce and a delicious bulgogi (Korean marinated beef dish). Through a poll, bulgogi emerged as the winning dish, later making another appearance in the campaign. To further raise public awareness and spark conversation, LG ran the ‘Better Life Social Challenge’ – #MaskaPintarLG – encouraging young Indonesians to recreate the zero-food-waste recipe themselves.
      Continuing the campaign in April, LG hosted the “Better Life Festival,” an offline program aimed at promoting sustainability by raising public awareness about the adverse effects of food waste.

The two-day festival, held at Chillax Sudirman Jakarta, featured an array of activities, such as green workshops and expert panel discussions, designed to engage and educate attendees. The festival was a resounding success, attracting over 2,000 participants and igniting a passion among Indonesia’s youth for a new era of eco-conscious living. The event was organized into several interactive zones, including ‘Jane’s Boutique,’ ‘Jack’s Open Kitchen’ and ‘CRAFT SHOP,’ each with a unique focus.

‘Jane’s Boutique’ featured the LG Styler, a product that introduced visitors to the benefits of steam-refreshing garments, as well as the LG WashTower. Participants could engage in a quiz on clothing care and sustainable practices, and even create durable bags from recycled banner materials, underscoring LG’s commitment to environmental responsibility. Visitors could also learned about LG’s air purifiers, including the LG PuriCare AeroTower and AeroFurniture – products with components created from recycled plastics. 

Next, ‘Jack’s Open Kitchen’ featured cooking demonstrations by Chef Devina Hermawan, who creatively used leftover ingredients to prepare delicious dishes and beverages, such as tea made from imperfect apples, aiming to reduce food waste in Indonesian households.

This zone also featured LG’s diverse array of innovative products that help reduce food waste, such as LG InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator. This refrigerator allows users to check the contents by knocking twice on the panel without opening the door, preventing the escape of cold air. Featuring cutting-edge innovations such as LinearCooling and DoorCooling technologies, the fridge can extend freshness of stored food and contribute to effective food waste reduction.

Moreover, in partnership with the Badan Pangan Nasional (BAPANAS/National Food Agency), FoodCycle Indonesia and Universitas Prasetiya Mulya – a local university that developed a composting solution for food waste – LG facilitated a broad range of activities to promote sustainable living. A booth was set up for visitors to make food donations, supporting BAPANAS’s Save Food movement to decrease national food waste.

And, as the next leg of the campaign, LG Indonesia organized a food donation drive from May 10-12 in the Jakarta and Tangerang areas. The ‘Better Life Food Distribution’ event was operated by 140 LG Indonesia employees and volunteers the company’s partners, including BAPANAS, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya and FoodCycle Indonesia. To further support community welfare and sustainability efforts, LG and its partners donated a total of 1,500 waste-free meal kits and 1,500 bulgogi lunch boxes – made with the zero waste recipe created by Chef Devina Hermawan earlier in the campaign – to local welfare foundations.

Through this on-going campaign, LG Indonesia reaffirmed its commitment to aiding the younger generation adopt a more sustainable lifestyle. The partnership will continue throughout the year with additional interactive activities geared toward Indonesian youth to amplify LG’s mission of providing a ‘Better life for all’ and promoting sustainable living.
      Stay tuned to to discover the myriad of ways LG’s forward-thinking subsidiaries are promoting sustainable practices around the world.
      Contributed by LG Indonesia in collaboration with H&A Global Brand Team
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Augmented/Mixed Reality, webOS, AI and 5G Telematics Technology Combine
      to Bring Smart Life Solutions to the in-Vehicle Environment 

SEOUL, June 6, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG), a technology leader in the mobility sector, is driving the transition to software-defined vehicles (SDVs) with its pioneering LG AlphaWare. An advanced, innovative, and user-centric suite of software, LG AlphaWare is designed to deliver immersive in-cabin experiences and will expand the definition and expectations of future automotive. LG’s cutting-edge software solutions were introduced this week at AutoTech: Detroit, where the company also shared its insights and approach to revolutionizing the SDV business model. 
      During LG’s presentation at AutoTech: Detroit, Valentin Janiaut, LG Vehicle component Solutions Company’s software solutions leader, discussed several key topics concerning the transition to SDVs. He emphasized the emerging trend of vehicles becoming extensions of people’s personal space, providing seamless connectivity for work and relaxation, and transforming the car into far more than just a means of transportation. LG AlphaWare will play a central role in enabling SDVs to become ‘living spaces on wheels’ through its ability to facilitate user-experiences similar to those offered by LG’s consumer electronics for the home. 
      The LG AlphaWare suite of software consists of five sophisticated core solutions that work together to enhance the in-vehicle experience. Boasting comprehensive support and seamless integration with OEM in-vehicle systems, AlphaWare empowers mobility providers to overcome technical challenges and deliver home-like comfort and connectivity to drivers and passengers: 
      PlayWare – an entertainment platform that enhances the in-vehicle infotainment experience through the delivery of high-definition content and superior sound quality. Leveraging LG’s partnerships with major streaming apps, sports and news channels, PlayWare brings the LG TV experience into the car. The platform requires minimal memory resources to run quickly and smoothly, while displaying content in stunning 4K definition for passengers’ viewing enjoyment. The platform also utilizes AI Audio technology, adapted from LG TVs, to upgrade audio content into convincing spatial sound, making every journey an immersive auditory event.   MetaWare – enhances the driving experience by leveraging augmented- and mixed-reality technologies to deliver meaningful information across various displays, from AR HUDs to clusters and central panels. MetaWare supports the procedural generation of realistic 3D environments, transforming standard 2D map data into dynamic, immersive visuals. This feature aids drivers in better understanding their car’s ADAS and navigation system information, providing a more engaging and intuitive driving experience.   VisionWare – an AI and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) platform that analyzes driver and passenger behavior through an advanced monitoring system which employs an AI algorithm, software framework, electronic control unit and camera technologies. VisionWare incorporates driver monitoring systems to prevent distractions and hazards that may occur when driving. It also features an interior monitoring system that analyzes the status of all passengers, detecting seat belt usage, hand gestures, behavior patterns, and the presence of children, to deliver a next-generation user experience.  BaseWare – the “backbone” of the vehicle, offers a comprehensive collection of versatile software modules to enrich OEM’s existing vehicle operating systems and assist in building new platforms. Engineered to support the essential lifecycle of a car, BaseWare facilitates reliable real-time management and simplifies service abstraction and development. An example of the components included is a Mixed Critical Orchestrator, which supports the management of service execution both on-device and in the cloud while adhering to strict industry safety requirements.  OpsWare – the central operations platform, designed to enhance collaboration among software developers. This platform facilitates seamless interaction across global teams throughout the entire software development process, from design to deployment. Alongside fostering collaboration, OpsWare prioritizes robust cybersecurity management, providing comprehensive support for long-term maintenance. LG’s Cybersecurity-as-a-Service offers continuous monitoring and in-depth analysis of cybersecurity risks to ensure vehicles’ software remains secure against emerging threats. Through its diverse capabilities, OpsWare supports OEMs in maintaining high security and in improving the efficiency of their software lifecycle management.  LG AlphaWare reinforces LG’s portfolio of state-of-the-art vehicle solutions and supports the company’s continuing transformation into a Smart Life Solutions company. A well-established and leading home appliance brand, LG continues its expansion in the mobility sector to connect and enrich customers’ experiences and spaces in meaningful ways. 
      “With our AlphaWare, we will deliver a safer and more enjoyable vehicle experience in the SDV era,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “SDVs represent a shift not only in technology but in the entire ecosystem of vehicle manufacturing, usage and ownership. With the introduction of our advanced software suite for vehicles, LG is leading the way for new innovation and development across the automotive sector.” 
      For more information on LG’s vehicle solutions and LG AlphaWare, visit
      link hidden, please login to view.  # # #