Quantcast
Jump to content
  • 1

Get rid of Life's Good Hub


OrlandoSux

Question

I'm not sure what changed (maybe my kid playing with the remote), but now when I press the TV button on my remote, I am taken to the Life's Good Hub instead of antenna TV. I have to wait for it to load and then exit the app. I never installed this app. I have reset my TV to factory settings and infuriatingly still can't get to antenna TV by pressing TV.

Can I remove the Life's Good Hub somehow or reprogram what the button ony remote does? 

 

My TV is a up7670puc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 8/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, OrlandoSux said:

I'm not sure what changed (maybe my kid playing with the remote), but now when I press the TV button on my remote, I am taken to the Life's Good Hub instead of antenna TV. I have to wait for it to load and then exit the app. I never installed this app. I have reset my TV to factory settings and infuriatingly still can't get to antenna TV by pressing TV.

Can I remove the Life's Good Hub somehow or reprogram what the button ony remote does? 

 

My TV is a up7670puc

It's not ot just you. Having the same issue. I've looked through settings but cannot find a way to reprogram TV button. 

LG, some of us still have antennas and watch TV the old fashioned way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, RoamingChile said:

It's not ot just you. Having the same issue. I've looked through settings but cannot find a way to reprogram TV button. 

LG, some of us still have antennas and watch TV the old fashioned way.

So I searched further and found a few "news" articles basically parroting some LG press release about the rollout of the "Life's Good Hub" all dated August 5, 2022. It's not us; it's LG pushing this on us.

I tried chatting with the online help at LG.com and none of them know what the Life's Good Hub is. Just changing settings I've already tried, hard resetting, and factory reset again even though I tell them I've done that. Supposedly a research ticket has been made and I will be emailed.

It's frustrating to have to back out of or close this useless app on order to change to over the air TV and not just push a button like Netflix.

I am using the remote that came with my TV. Any ideas on what the red, green, blue and yellow buttons do at the bottom? They don't do anything right now. Are they programmable somehow? Maybe with an app? I've never used apps on my TV before.

Honestly the dumber the TV the better. I can't believe LG ruined my TV with a software update. I kinda want them to let me return it for full purchase price. It's not even a year old.

My only idea is to get a 3rd party programmable remote but I'm unsure if that will solve this and I shouldn't have to.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, OrlandoSux said:

So I searched further and found a few "news" articles basically parroting some LG press release about the rollout of the "Life's Good Hub" all dated August 5, 2022. It's not us; it's LG pushing this on us.

I tried chatting with the online help at LG.com and none of them know what the Life's Good Hub is. Just changing settings I've already tried, hard resetting, and factory reset again even though I tell them I've done that. Supposedly a research ticket has been made and I will be emailed.

It's frustrating to have to back out of or close this useless app on order to change to over the air TV and not just push a button like Netflix.

I am using the remote that came with my TV. Any ideas on what the red, green, blue and yellow buttons do at the bottom? They don't do anything right now. Are they programmable somehow? Maybe with an app? I've never used apps on my TV before.

Honestly the dumber the TV the better. I can't believe LG ruined my TV with a software update. I kinda want them to let me return it for full purchase price. It's not even a year old.

My only idea is to get a 3rd party programmable remote but I'm unsure if that will solve this and I shouldn't have to.

 

The colored buttons have functions on certain screens. They are not programmable, as far I know. 

You can program the numbers as quick keys. I have YouTube as 1 and Tablo as 2. I just found you can program a TV channel into a quick key. So a quick key can substitute as the TV key while LG sorts this out. 

Go to any TV channel, maybe one you watch a lot. Hold down the number you want to program (eg 1) until you get a pop up asking if you want to add the channel to quick access. Click yes. 

Now, no matter what app you're in, if you long press 1, it'll take you to that channel. 

BTW, I tweeted to LG about the issue and they've sent me a link to submit feedback. https://t.co/pGJGIpeYBw

Maybe if you and I (and maybe others) report this as a problem, they'll push out an update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...