Quantcast

WiFi and remote control are broken on a 49sj800v-zb

Hello, the wifi of my smart TV is broken since the last update.
The remote control from my phone too when i use an opérational ethernet connection.

Tried : 
Full setting reset
Reboot
Power reset

Observed :
After the power reset and unplugged during at least 10 min, the WiFi networks was at new listed but impossible to connect, it says WiFi network not found.
After a new power off, the searching of wifi networks didn't end without result.
The remote control also lag a lot each 10 seconds and during 3 or 4 seconds.

TV Informations :
Model : 49SJ800V-ZB
Devide Name : [LG] webOS TV SJ800V
Serial Number : 711MAVDM8903
webOS TV Version : 3.9.0-62709 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
MAC  Wired : 38:8C:50:F3:2B:5D
MAC Wireless : 7C:1C:4E:A0:E8:C7 

ESN : LGTV20171=11002626448
VSN : 5DBF066A
Widevine : LGTV17CLGE005126094

Question :
Is there a way to downgrade by putting the firmware on a USB Key with a FAT 32 filesystem on to be sure it could be read by the TV ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LG WiFi modules burn like matches from static, AC surges, or unexpected AC loss.

Older model also had bad connectors.

It seems, LG uses intentionally weak WiFi-module circuit for phasing out TVs of older non-serviced models. (See Wiki: "Sony timer").

It is very rude, since Philips just uses "grease leaking" remote controls, which become sticky and slimy after 4-5 years, telling you to buy a new TV. On the other hand, Asus uses non-cooled transistor RF switches in their routers, which degrade in 2-4 years, effectively disconnecting the antenna from the transciever...At least LG allows you to watch TV without the magic control.

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert Viola
      Hello LG tv owners. Just got a 2024 LG UHD 50" tv. Model # 50UT7570PUB. The remote supplied with the tv isn't as good as my other LG tv Magic remote. Does anyone know which model Magic remote will operate my new tv correctly? Thanx.
    • By JaGatorEd
      I purchased MR23GN and while most of the functions seem to work ok, the message of "Remote not supported by this TV" keeps popping up.
    • By matesz
      Hi
      I have LG C3 connected to yamaha A-S501 via optical cable.

When i pair the devices with universal control both power and volume features works as intended.
      After pairing i cannot turn on or off connected device, but volume works.

It's like option to send power signal via IR is turned off and i cannot find option in settings to change it.

Please help, i just replaced AMP explicitly to have this feature
    • By matesz
      Hi
      I currently have CA DacMagic 100 connected via optical + CA A1 AMP, this is quite cumbersome and doesn't work with universal control.
      I know that i will have to buy some hardware to have proper universal control, however i can't find any reliable information on which amp does support it and which doesn't. 

It would be great if list of supported devices would be available.
      If not then recomendation for AMPs that works well with optical + simple DALI oberon stereo satellite setup is also solution.

PS1. Sorry if this duplicate but i couldn't find anything meaningful after few days of googling.
      PS2. I've heard that Denon AVR-X3600H works but this is massive overkill for what i need (i don't indend to go beyond stereo, not even 2+1).
    • By Speedemon
      I have a UK6300 LG TV. It has always worked faultlessly. However it now will not show the pointer unless I restart it and then it only there of only for 20 seconds and then it is gone. The LAN cable notification constantly disconnects and reconnects. The Web Browser no longer opens on my selected page. The Software version is the latest and when I tried to manually update the software in case the auto update got corrupted it will not recognize the USB drive as having the software on it. The software browser version is 05.50.15.
      Any ideas what to do. I have two other LG TV's and all work perfectly.