By News Reporter
LG Electronics announced the first group of startup companies that have been accepted into ’s global challenge program. As a part of the Proto Challenge, a preliminary startup competition designed to feed into LG NOVA’s global challenge program, eleven companies were selected based on their proposed solutions for a better life in the areas of connected health, energizing mobility, smart lifestyle, the metaverse and innovation for impact. These are key areas that LG NOVA is focusing on in its effort to build for the future with innovative startups.
The startups selected from the Proto Challenge competition will be joined by 40 additional companies selected in the Mission for the Future Challenge to become the First Fifty to work with LG NOVA’s incubation team. LG NOVA and the selected startups from both challenges will work closely together to refine their business and engagement ideas to potentially unlock resources and funding for proof-of-concept development and grow a business in collaboration with LG.
The companies were selected based on the following criteria: a clear vision to growing business with LG, a convincing pathway to commercialization and the uniqueness of the proposed solution or product. LG NOVA intends to provide up to USD 20 million in funding and resources to support the top 10 chosen businesses from the challenge.
The selected companies from the Proto Challenge are:
In Connected Health:
– A SaaS platform providing an alternate solution to retail pharmacies that use dispensing units for prescription fulfillment in physicians’ offices at the point of care. The solution puts the prescribed drug in the hands of the patient within minutes when they are still at the doctor’s office. – XRHealth operates state-of-the-art Virtual Clinics, utilizing proprietary FDA registered medical virtual reality (VR/AR) applications. XRHealth integrates immersive VR/AR technology, licensed clinicians and advanced data analytics on one platform, providing a comprehensive therapeutic care solution for patients to receive treatment from the comfort of their home. The company focuses on three main therapeutic areas: pain management, neurological disorders and behavioral health. – MayaMD develops and sells engaging artificial intelligence (AI) platforms that improve healthcare. Maya’s solutions quickly gather a user’s symptoms, past medical history and/or laboratory results and convert this data into a list of potential diagnoses and follow-up care suggestions. By enhancing communication between patients and clinicians, the tools create an opportunity for better health outcomes.
In Energizing Mobility:
– An end-to-end EV charging management platform offering operations management, energy management, user management, public and workplace and EV fleet charging management, as well as various advanced billing capabilities and EV driver applications. – EV charging stations that reduce the grid upgrades, size, permitting and installation labor by 90 percent. – One of the world’s first mobile and intelligent on-demand EV charging network. In Smart Lifestyles:
– Military-grade smart key that wirelessly unlocks your devices and online accounts when you’re nearby, then locks everything down when you walk away. – The first AI-powered kitchen assistant providing a single platform to connect all your kitchen and cooking needs in today’s smart home.
In The Metaverse
– A web-based VR/AR platform for rapidly delivering scalable remote collaboration and training solutions. – Lets people connect, communicate and experience together in lifelike, immersive and interactive environments optimized for 3D and VR. The platform is updated with new experiences and features weekly. I3M.tv is backed by multinational investors and is poised to expand across multiple verticals such as entertainment, virtual travel, hospitality and more. And Lastly in Innovation for Impact:
– Women-led company that uses AI avatars and robots to help users run their homes, specifically providing support for people living with disabilities and caregivers.
Following the close of the challenge applications, LG NOVA will be hosting , a virtual event series for startups, from November 15-19.
The event will feature industry leaders from across corporate technology companies, domain experts, founders and entrepreneurs, all innovating to address global issues and challenges. In addition, during the week, attendees will hear advice from VCs, advisors, corporate and marketing leaders on positioning their business for growth in this changing landscape. All applicants are invited to join LG NOVA and experts across the industry to discuss the key topics that will impact our future.
Register for the event at .
link hidden, please login to view
By Davide Parise
Good afternoon All,
I'm a new member of this forum, i'm writing from Italy and I need your help.
With my Job I have bought a Hotel TV LG 65UV341C (
link hidden, please login to view) , the TV is good but I noticed that the LG content store is not present so I can't download any apps! through the hide menu I enabled the Pre-loaded Apps (Browser, YoutubeApp) thats all...
I would like to know if is possible to activate the LG content store or in alternative if is possible to download the App (like Netflix>) manually and install it trough USB on the TV.
P.S. i already checked a new FW but I didn't find nothing
I hope someone can help me
Thank you very much in advanced
we are developing player for LG, we want to get available subtitles for the VOD, like this one
link hidden, please login to view textTracks() didn't return any result , is their any custom API or internal call to get them?
Note : audioTracks() work like charm.
By News Reporter
Photo Credit: on
One of the topics today’s consumers are most interested in is how we can be kinder to our planet while still living our daily lives. This expectation also carries over to companies and organizations as ultimately we are all in this together. As part of LG’s Life’s Good Campaign, LG is collaborating with British influencer Immy Lucas, creator of the YouTube channel and environmental movement, , to create a video showcasing a more sustainable way of living.
As an environmental influencer and creator, Immy creates content around sustainability, eating seasonally and zero waste living. She wanted to marry the two ideas by choosing locally grown food that’s in season, rather than “vegan” foods that had been shipped around the world. She tries to share accessible and easy ways to live sustainably.
An extension of the , the jointly produced Life’s Good: Environment video highlights how small changes can make a big difference in the environment. The four-minute video weaves together footage from the with compelling new content that encourages everyone to play their part in protecting this planet.
This new video consists of four chapters: Life’s Connected, Life’s Delicious, Life’s Regenerative and Life’s Good When We Learn and Teach Others. The message is for people to come together as a global community and take small steps to adopt a lower impact lifestyle for a more sustainable future, at the same time emphasizing the importance of protecting the world’s ecosystems.
“If we want future generations to inherit a healthy planet, one that’s capable of sustaining and nurturing them, it is essential that all of us make some changes in our lives today,” said Immy. “Through small adjustments in how we live, we can help ensure life’s good for our children, and for their children too.”
Starting today, the trailer for Life’s Good: Environment will be viewable on LG’s digital billboards in New York City’s Times Square and London’s Piccadilly Circus. The entire video is also available on LG’s global channel and account where additional information on LG’s 2021 Life’s Good campaign can also be found.
# # #
link hidden, please login to view
I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
I cannot modify my files to another video format.
Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.